Forums are back in action! ×

Getting really bummed

I twisted my right ankle a week ago and it's still horribly swollen.  (I got an x-ray, so it's not broken.)  I also have plantar fasciatis in my left foot and limping on it has made that hurt more.

I really like being able to walk around and had the habit of constantly getting up from my computer to think.  And I really want to work on cleaning the house, but I'm stuck sitting too much.

I also am having trouble eating because I can't stand long enough to cook.  Even getting a tv-dinner out of the freezer, and then from the microwave to my desk is a challenge.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |

Plantar fasciitis was and sometimes still is the bane of my existence. I get it in both feet if I'm not diligent. The things that have helped me the most is making sure to stretch my calves and using a ball to massage my feet. It can also help to ice.

I hope your ankle starts to feel better soon!

Assassin

Battle Log | MFP: Amdhiel
Challenges: Current#7#6, #5, #4,
#3, #2, #1

"Why do we fall sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up." Alfred - Batman Begins

Plantar fasciitis was and sometimes still is the bane of my existence. I get it in both feet if I'm not diligent. The things that have helped me the most is making sure to stretch my calves and using a ball to massage my feet. It can also help to ice.

I hope your ankle starts to feel better soon!

For my plantar, I couldn't do the physical therapy.  I wear the boot occasionally, but not to much and no stretches because then the back of my knee hurts and I start walking like a velociraptor.  The only thing that really helps is wearing cushiony shoes all of the time.  (Which is probably another reason it's acting up, since I can't get my shoe over my bandage.)

Waiting to recover from stuff sucks, but hang in there.  In the long run it's best to take it easy for now and not try and do things too quickly.  Are you following tips from the doctor/physical therapist?

Bascially they just said to keep off it for a few days.  I spent yesterday in a chair since I couldn't rewrap it myself.  Mostly I was whining either because it hurt or because it felt all tingly and weird.  And I ruined the cross-stich kit I found in a way that I can't figure out how to fix.

I have conditions that affect my social awareness.  If I am rude, tell me what I could do better.

5'8" & 220 260 pounds | Miles Walked: X

2019: | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Pre 2017: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | * | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 |