Forums are back in action! ×

Political Correctness gone mad

So not use to all this Jesus and Christianity. South is definably different than the North.

• Like 1

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

So not use to all this Jesus and Christianity. South is definably different than the North.

I've lived in 50% of the nations on Earth where divorce is illegal because they're predominantly Catholic and they believe in the sanctity of marriage. (There are only 2, by the way.) As a generally offensive person (albeit usually inadvertently) I was obviously not the most beloved character over there. The US is a bit different, since we have the luxury of saying "lighten up, have a sense of humor", which I think is some passive-aggressive bullshit, but yeah, maybe sometimes some people think it's taken a bit too far. Maybe that's why a lot of people seem to believe that the internet killed empathy and turned everyone into a sociopath. On the internet, one can always claim "butthurt" whenever someone cries foul. One could also wash one's hands of any implications behind a rant by punctuating it with the highly passive-aggressive "just sayin'".

What it could explain though is why the length of a discussion over the internet is directly proportional to the probability of it eventually boiling down to Hitler (Godwin's Law). Hitler is generally perceived negatively (except by Tila Tequila for some reason), and that gives a lot of people common ground not as influenced by emotions or beliefs on morality (otherwise it could suggest guilt by association). There seems to be minimal conflict regarding what we are supposed to feel about The Führer.

Agreed, Rookiebeotch.

Calorie Counting/ Nutrition Tracking for a year on MyFitnessPal+Fitbit One (365 days = .27% per day, Day 74):

19.98%
19.98%

New Year's Resolution - Healthy Weight/BMI for Summer (June 1st, Get to about 130 lbs/22 BMI approx. in 152 days/21 weeks starting from 153 lbs = 4.35% per pound, currently 142):

47.85%
47.85%

Graduate Culinary School {20% per section: F.O.H. ( A ), Hot Foods ( C ), Garde Manger [Cold Foods], Bakeshop, Test}     Passed Certifications: ServSafe, Management

40%
40%

Fitbit, MyFitnessPal

Intro  Challenges: 1 2 Reset 3

Hitler ruined the Charlie Chaplin mustache style for everyone.

Such a sad state of affairs... :grumpy:

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Hitler ruined the Charlie Chaplin mustache style for everyone.

maybe, but he also made it cool on cats…

http://www.catsthatlooklikehitler.com/

• Like 1

"Unfocused" Wizard // Rationalist of the order of Bayes

Lvl 5 Assassin. Lvl 33 Jack of all trades. 7 STR|6 DEX|7 STA|7 CON|16 WIS|8 CHA

Current challenge Wizard in the making: ero san's continuing road of magic

My drawings Sketchbook, Other afiliations The Loft