Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

I'm totally a nudist at heart. I wear clothes for other people's modesty (and because they're cute and practical).

But yeah, totally comfortable walking around naked or in a bikini and don't see it as a sexual advertisement.

I was once told by a female manager that my clothing at the time (cashmere sweaters and pencil skirts, by the way) was incitement to sexual harassment. She was rapidly told by HR and the union that nothing could be classed as that. You wouldn't want her in a rape trial jury, that's for sure!

• Like 2

I'm totally a nudist at heart. I wear clothes for other people's modesty (and because they're cute and practical).

But yeah, totally comfortable walking around naked or in a bikini and don't see it as a sexual advertisement.

I was once told by a female manager that my clothing at the time (cashmere sweaters and pencil skirts, by the way) was incitement to sexual harassment. She was rapidly told by HR and the union that nothing could be classed as that. You wouldn't want her in a rape trial jury, that's for sure!

What? Is she for real?

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

I'm a level 3 moon elf, who's an druid assassin.

My Inspiration

Tumblr, which helps me stay the course for art challenge

FB, which I guess we could be friend :tongue:

My challenge

Instagram

fucking what :| god i hate some people and their sex negative, body-shaming bullshit. 

• Like 2

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

Totally off subject, but hitlionsoul, your sig made my day.

Here comes George, in control

• Like 2

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I challenge you to find a picture of what YOU think YOUR body looks like and then do a comparison. I bet you get it quite far wrong.

This is a good thread!

<----- I do have parts of my physique that I like....

....but I've always thought my upper body looked completely deficient from the front.

This guy is at least 30 lb lighter than me:

sidetopskinny_zpscb9466ef.png

But though I know it's completely irrational, I feel as though we look exactly the same:

sidetop_zps31a937bf.jpg

Level 2 Illithid Assassin, STR: 5 DEX: 2 STA: 1 CON: 1 WIS: 4 CHA: 4

Current challenge: Level 2 - Serving it up!

Oh My God! Those are amazing!!! Your flexibility is envy-worthy. But no, I've never seen them before. I think it must just be a trick of my memory. **sigh**

I'm with you on this one. I am completely comfortable walking around naked at home, or at the beach, and have no problems getting changed in public or any of that. However..... I still feel body conscious when I'm wearing clothes. Eh? How does that work.? Stoopid brain!

[malicious mode on]

I bet she was really overweight or ugly!

[malicious mode off]

fucking what :| god i hate some people and their sex negative, body-shaming bullshit.

Wow! You get straight to the point Hit! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

Referring back to the section in which it was talked about how photos and or models can be manipulated to make a "model" picture. I mentioned how if the photographer has control of the variables, they can write whatever story they want.

Exhibit A... These are all straight out of the camera, meaning no Photoshop and simply controlling the variables...

https://medium.com/@vonwong/ordinary-people-hollywood-budgets-224bd7c3b749

• Like 4

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Oh My God! Those are amazing!!! Your flexibility is envy-worthy. But no, I've never seen them before. I think it must just be a trick of my memory. **sigh**

Thanks! See our perceptions are nothing close to reality sometimes bc you know what I was thinking during that split? "just a few more inches and you could be aligned straight, if you were any worse at this you'd fall off the ledge", but luckily I have grown since then and realize that its still impressive even if I know I am capable of more.

and then you say that about it...its a long road to loving yourself, yeah?

oh and the memory thing, I feel you entirely! I am in the same boat!

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

HEY Bekah... I recognize those pics ;) ;) I think I commissioned them right??

and yeah I am envious of your flexibility :)

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

I'm with you on this one. I am completely comfortable walking around naked at home, or at the beach, and have no problems getting changed in public or any of that. However..... I still feel body conscious when I'm wearing clothes. Eh? How does that work.? Stoopid brain!

[malicious mode on]

I bet she was really overweight or ugly!

[malicious mode off]

Wow! You get straight to the point Hit! ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bekah's flexibility is one to strive for.

And sometimes it's need to get to the point.

“There is only one thing that makes a dream impossible to achieve: the fear of failure.†

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

Referring back to the section in which it was talked about how photos and or models can be manipulated to make a "model" picture. I mentioned how if the photographer has control of the variables, they can write whatever story they want.

Exhibit A... These are all straight out of the camera, meaning no Photoshop and simply controlling the variables...

https://medium.com/@vonwong/ordinary-people-hollywood-budgets-224bd7c3b749

It's actually not hard to do. Just you need a few hours. And dear all that is holy, don't do this

Or this (where is her leg gone to)

15-anna-selezneva-fashion-model-photosho

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

It's actually not hard to do. Just you need a few hours. And dear all that is holy, don't do this

Or this (where is her leg gone to)

15-anna-selezneva-fashion-model-photosho

the difference is the photos I put up are no computer editing. Was an example of what photographers can do with a camera... :-)

Have to laugh at the leg... that's awesome.

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

anyone* can look good! (*anyone with $20000 worth of lighting equipment and a professional photographer). it all makes perfect sense! :P

of course

No tummy tucking or Photoshop funny business needed, only the small tweaks: light, contrast & colour.

are like, the main things you'd do in photo editing anyway, so im not sure what this guys point is? you also have the girls wearing a lot of make up, and everyone is posed in visually exciting ways. the photo of the guy on the bike, for example, is virtually unrecognisable from the man pictured above thanks to large glasses, prominant helmet, and a high angle that all but obscures his body. 

i think its good that people who aren't photographers can see photos like that and go "oh so thats how it works", but at the same time, to say these are "unedited" or candid just because they dont use photoshop is a major stretch. 

• Like 3

It's the moose on the inside that counts.

anyone* can look good! (*anyone with $20000 worth of lighting equipment and a professional photographer). it all makes perfect sense! :P

of course

are like, the main things you'd do in photo editing anyway, so im not sure what this guys point is? you also have the girls wearing a lot of make up, and everyone is posed in visually exciting ways. the photo of the guy on the bike, for example, is virtually unrecognisable from the man pictured above thanks to large glasses, prominant helmet, and a high angle that all but obscures his body. 

i think its good that people who aren't photographers can see photos like that and go "oh so thats how it works", but at the same time, to say these are "unedited" or candid just because they dont use photoshop is a major stretch.

Never said candid. I just hear people say " Well if it wasn't for photoshop, she'd look normal" and I wanted to show just what can be done without Photoshop, as long as the photographer can control everything. And you can do B+W in camera, the contrast with lighting...

My first challenge

Hmm, I don't think I could ever wear a bikini either, let alone take a pic in one...but Jk, I'm just a guy, what do I know? ;-)

Everyone looking great as usual I see

How can a banana not wear a banana hammock... those things were made for you.

• Like 3

My first challenge

Hmm, I don't think I could ever wear a bikini either, let alone take a pic in one...but Jk, I'm just a guy, what do I know? ;-)

Everyone looking great as usual I see

You'd look phenomenal in a bikini :P

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Today I did something crazy. I took of my sweatpants off and just wore my leggings in Zumba since it was so cold out, yet so warm in there. First few minutes I felt really self-conscious about wearing just them, but I slowly got use to it. Thank that woman who decided to just wear her sport bra, help me to push myself to do something crazy.

• Like 3

~Paulo Coelho

My Inspiration

My challenge

Instagram

It's really only been the last year I've felt comfortable in just yoga pants (the snug ones that are more like tights) now I wear them biking and what not and I'm no longer self conscious about it (and the few times I've had people make comments I'll say something like "well I'm riding my bike 180 miles this weekend what did you do? " and I feel much better ;)

• Like 5

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

It's really only been the last year I've felt comfortable in just yoga pants (the snug ones that are more like tights) now I wear them biking and what not and I'm no longer self conscious about it (and the few times I've had people make comments I'll say something like "well I'm riding my bike 180 miles this weekend what did you do? " and I feel much better ;)

Wow people actually said something nasty?!?! I'd have punched them in the face, then said that.

Druid Assassin Halfling

Spoiler

- Jim Rohn

Well it usually doesn't help when you SMELL like you've bikes 180 miles in a weekend (usually we go in the heat of summer too) it's not been many. ... I think only like two or three. ... but it's more the disgusted looks I get. ... and those I comment on too

• Like 2

Spoiler