Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge YOUR body image.

Skull Crushers are a triceps exercise. Here as a picture showing "start" and "end" position.

skull-crushers-plan-b-13062012-de.jpg

And here as a video

I also use the curled barbell for skull crushers.... which drives the boys nuts

ok.

1. Why wouldn't you use a curved bar?

2. You can do those with 65#!?!?!?! Holy shit dude! Thats insane!

3. I have a new exercise I want to try at the gym.

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

From a couple of years ago at 190 (was really happy with this one at the time)

1656125_595180970560124_591562354_n.jpg?

Vs. Last week: 

10633126_806374039440815_513583306444854

I no longer know what I look like. I apparently deleted all of the unflattering pictures from facebook. In my mind I still am shaped like this:

199998_1009692682335_3775_n.jpg?oh=37212

Would hit.

• Like 2

I no longer know what I look like. I apparently deleted all of the unflattering pictures from facebook. In my mind I still am shaped like this:

199998_1009692682335_3775_n.jpg?oh=37212

Exactly.

I may look like (205-ish):

timelapse78-0022asm_zps3ef9a45a.jpg

And had a stopover at (260-ish):

Starting_zps1d02030d.jpg

But I often forget, and fall back into thinking I look like (150-ish):

IMG_0001a1_zps54ea9778.jpg

The scars of excessive skinnyness (for a male at least) don't go away easy.

• Like 1

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

Not quite sure how to respond to that. Thanks, I guess.

It means he will punch you in the face... so be careful   :playful:

• Like 2

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

Bekah that video is essentially it although I do them standing

With my wrist issues the curved bar makes it less painful

• Like 1

Level 10.4 Wood-Elf, Ranger - specializing in demon fighting

"doing the impossible since 2012 :D" - Librarian of Doom

facebook battle log level 50 WOOT   Backstory CNF2014  current (not challenge - doing a battle log this time)

Spoiler

* This is the day the Lord has made, rejoice in it and be glad. God, The Bible. * Do or do not, there is no try. - Yoda
* There are three options in this life; be good, get good, or give up. -- House * Never take counsel of your fears. Stonewall Jackson. 

* level 50 isn't gonna just POOF happen - alienjenn, NF IRC chatroom

* I'm not about to give up - Because I heard you say - There's gonna be brighter days… I won't stop, I'll keep my head up - No, I'm not here to stay ...  - 

I just might bend but I won't break - As long as I can see your face - When life won't play along - And right keeps going wrong - And I can't seem to find my way - I know where I am found - So I won't let it drag me down - Oh, I'll keep dancing anyway - Mercy Me - Move

At the beginning of this thread I referred to myself as rather potato-ish shaped. Well last week I tried on dresses and, shazam, I had an actual semi-indented waist finally. Here I am with my least favorite before picture ever (the standing side shot) and one from the dressing room.

MyCollage_2_zpsr0liibmi.png

Silo, seriously, props. You look decades younger from your original standing shot with the new look (the cut may have a little to do with it but I think that it's mostly that you are just exuding confidence!!!) Also, I hope you bought that dress, it's hot/professional/cute all at once!

• Like 1

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

Silo, seriously, props. You look decades younger from your original standing shot with the new look (the cut may have a little to do with it but I think that it's mostly that you are just exuding confidence!!!) Also, I hope you bought that dress, it's hot/professional/cute all at once!

I did not buy the dress but I am thinking about going back to get it. It's a bit dressy for work. I texted my husband from the store and said that we needed to do something that required a fancier dress so I could justify buying it. His response was "but that means I'd have to get dressed up too."  :tongue: Maybe my sister and I will have to have a night out instead.

• Like 8

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

This topic has about 48 pages, so I'm sorry if I'm sharing something that someone else already has, but here she is:

http://summerinnanen.com/

I also struggle with body image issues. This body image coach has some great, free resources on how to help change how you feel about your body. Her stuff is going to be making an appearance in one of my future challenges.

• Like 2

That. Is. Great.

• Like 1

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. -Aristotle

Arian, arian, zehetzen da burnia. -Basque proverb

Frisian Shieldmaiden level 12 (STR:16) (DEX:16) (STA:23) (CON:22) (WIS:17) (CHA:15)

Challenges: 11/12.14 - 1/2.15 - 2/3.15 - 15.4/5 - 15.6/7 - 15.7/9 - 16.1 - 16.3 - 16.4 - 16.5 - 16.10 - 16.11 - 16.12 - 17.1 - 17.2

2017 Goals: Maintain BW BS, 100kg DL - Muscle Up - 1/2 Marathon Condition - Abs

http://s13.postimg.org/nkmsxurbb/strike_a_pose_003.jpg

Meh, screw what I should look like according to whatever source. This is about a year old pic when I weighed 93kg. Now I thankfully have grown my back wider and actually possess traps. Bearmode ftw!

agreed. Other opinions of you are irrelevant. But mine is favorable if you were curious :)

• Like 1

Druid Assassin Halfling

:) Druid  :)

Level 16, Current Quest: Bekah Returns

Spoiler

Your life does not get better by chance. It gets better by change.

- Jim Rohn

http://s13.postimg.org/nkmsxurbb/strike_a_pose_003.jpg

Meh, screw what I should look like according to whatever source. This is about a year old pic when I weighed 93kg. Now I thankfully have grown my back wider and actually possess traps. Bearmode ftw!

Hahahaha... that face is epic.

Also... lookin good...

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Yes. Yes. Yes. Other than boob sweat, realizing I'm nearing a look-a-like to a werewolf transformation starting with the legs because I forgot to shave and the side glances I get when I go to the gym right after work wearing make up......I love this article- with the exception of the gaining weight by looking at food bit that made me roll my eyes a bit. But thanks for the link, love it!

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both