Forums are back in action! ×

Hello! My name is Josh.

I love playing Magic: The Gathering and Dungeons & Dragons with friends, consume anime like chocolate cake, and geek out over the latest gadgets and technology.

This is my story...

Seven years ago my life changed. I met the girl who would later become my wife and the mother of my son. She became my world, my everything, my reason for living.

It has been three months since she walked out.

For three months I have struggled battling my emotions and inner demons. My world collapsed, everything I had known for so long gone seemingly overnight with little to no warning. The shock to my system triggered something inside me which has caused me to question my existence, to doubt my identity. Never have I been faced with such mental and emotional anguish.

It was this anguish, this immense pain that opened my eyes, my mind, and my soul.

I had deluded myself into thinking I was happy and satisfied with the life I had built. My low self-esteem and belief that no one else would ever love me for me caused me to abandon my ambitions and my dreams in favor of devoting myself 100% to her and eventually my son. I relied on validation from her in order to feel worth the breath that I breathed everyday.

Today, I am a new person.

I have climbed out of the depths of despair and see myself for who I truly am. No longer do I need someone to tell me that I am awesome in order to feel good about myself. The choices I make, the actions I take, and the dreams I have for the future now define who I am.

For most of my life I have looked up to bodybuilders and their physiques, wanting nothing more than to look like one of them. It is time that I realize this dream. No longer am I letting anything hold me back. The beast that has awoken inside me is hungry and will not rest.

My life has a new focus and it feels amazing. I now live solely for myself and my son. My dreams and ambitions are no longer distant fantasies, but simply a single commitment away from reality. I want nothing more than to become the best version of myself and serve as an inspiration to my son and others who have also gone through difficult emotional struggles during their lives.

My personal rebellion against my own beliefs and self-image was a success. Now, I look forward to helping bring the same success here.

For the rebellion!

• Like 4

Human Warrior

Level: 1 | STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

Rebel Introduction6 Week Challenge #1 (Jan. 5, 2015 - Feb. 15, 2015)

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

-Henry Rollins

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

Welcome to NerdFitness!  I hope that we can give you the support you need to continue to build up that self-image and get you closer to fulfilling your ambitions!!

I'm glad that you were able to recover from the pain of a broken relationship!  Good luck :D

• Like 1

Race: Were-Jaguar | Class: CodeMONKey

Level: 18 | STR: 46  | DEX: 41  | STA: 35  | CON: 51  | WIS: 57 | CHA: 47

Spoiler

---

Challenges: CURRENT

18TH | 17TH | 16TH 15TH 14TH | 13TH | 12.5TH | 12TH | 11TH |

10TH | 9TH | 8TH 7TH | 6TH | 5TH | 4TH | 3RD | 2ND | 1ST

Accountbilbuddies: Artists unite for March/April 2017!

---

"Everyone's the same height when you punch them hard enough"

---

NF Character Profile | BATTLE LOG | Tumblr | DeviantArt | Warhammer 40k Shenanigans

Fist bump for the Henry Rollins sig quote!

WELCOME!  It's always awesome to see someone determined to rise from the ashes after a life-shattering event, determined to become the most awesome version of you that you can be!!

• Like 1

Tell me, if you had the strength to take another step, could you do it?

Level ?? Bard & Monk of the Furious Heart

STR.55  DEX.43 STA.48 CON.51 WIS.53 CHA.65

Welcome to the warriors, I'm one of your guild leaders, let me know if you need any help finding anything or figuring things out.

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Welcome to Nerd Fitness!

Nothing gets you motivated like a punch to the gut, right?

Agreed. Sometimes that is what it takes to wake people up. It certainly was for me.

Welcome to NerdFitness!  I hope that we can give you the support you need to continue to build up that self-image and get you closer to fulfilling your ambitions!!

I'm glad that you were able to recover from the pain of a broken relationship!  Good luck :D

Thank you! I hope that I can provide the same support to others in the community. 

Fist bump for the Henry Rollins sig quote!

WELCOME!  It's always awesome to see someone determined to rise from the ashes after a life-shattering event, determined to become the most awesome version of you that you can be!!

*First Bump*

Hell yeah! It resonated with me the first time I read it and especially now with what I've been through it serves as a reminder that I'll always have something to live for.

Welcome to the warriors, I'm one of your guild leaders, let me know if you need any help finding anything or figuring things out.

Nice to meet you! I'm sure you'll hear from me eventually haha.

Congrats on your new outlook! It is hard to pull yourself out of the pit of despair, but once you do - you are much stronger! Way to go!

Thank you! Yes, the strength that I feel within now is much more than I have ever felt. It's like I've gone Super Saiyan internally  :highly_amused: .

• Like 3

Human Warrior

Level: 1 | STR: 3 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 1

Rebel Introduction6 Week Challenge #1 (Jan. 5, 2015 - Feb. 15, 2015)

"Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds."

-Henry Rollins

"Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength."

-Arnold Schwarzenegger