Forums are back in action! ×

Three Things You'd Like To Try

What are three things you'd like to try - foods, experiences, whatever those things are?

I'll start:

1. I'd at least like to TRY cross country skiing.

2. I want to do at least one 5K fun walk sometime.

3. I have always wanted to go to Alaska.

What about you?

• Like 1

"The only decision that matters is what you do with the time that has been given to you." (Gandalf - LOTR)

What are three things you'd like to try - foods, experiences, whatever those things are?

I'll start:

1. I'd at least like to TRY cross country skiing.

2. I want to do at least one 5K fun walk sometime.

3. I have always wanted to go to Alaska.

What about you?

Sounds like a good beginning to your Epic Quest.

As for me, only three?  haha.  

1. go skydiving

2. Finish a World's Toughest Mudder without dying.

3. go on a Mediterranean Cruise.

Also, I've been to Alaska.  It is amazing.  Highly recommend it, but only in the summer.  It's too damn cold in the winter. lol

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

Jfreaksho - beat me to it!

1. Learn all the languages I'm interested in but haven't yet had time to pick up (Russian, Polish, become more than just tourist-passable in Irish and Japanese).

2. Travel to ALL the countries! (OK, so I do have a main list, but honestly, travelling to as many countries as possible seems like a worthy life goal)

3. I'd like to try to make a video game. Or maybe run an ARG, or both at once. Haven't decided yet.

• Like 1

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)

1. learn to snowboard

2. learn German and Japanese

3. Get a scuba license

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

1. learn to snowboard

2. learn German and Japanese

3. Get a scuba license

It's a few hundred dollars and a couple of weekends, and totally makes the Caribbean/Hawaii/Thailand/Florida/Central America/Alaska so much better.  (No, I haven't actually tried Alaska.  See my post above.)

• Like 1

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

1. Visit Japan, Ireland, Scotland

2. Own a small self-sufficient farm

3. Learn a martial art - Kendo sounds fun + swords

• Like 2

"When I can no more stir my soul to move, and life is but the ashes of a fire; When I can but remember that my heart once used to live and love, long and aspire - O be thou then the first, the one thou art; Be thou the calling before all answering love, and in me wake hope, fear, boundless desire." - George MacDonald

It's a few hundred dollars and a couple of weekends, and totally makes the Caribbean/Hawaii/Thailand/Florida/Central America/Alaska so much better.  (No, I haven't actually tried Alaska.  See my post above.)

Yea, it was my single regret from Okinawa. I spent three years on a tropical island and never went scuba diving. Partly because there were times where you needed to do it during the day 3 times during a week long course. My unit never allowed me the time off during the day to do it/denied leave requests or I was off during a training exercise.

• Like 1

Level 1 Nord  Epic Quest

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 2 | CON 3 | WIS 3.5 | CHA 4

Original Challenge | 1ST | 2nd | joining the bebopReturn to the rangers |

Spoiler

"They wouldn't mind a corpse of you. Now, you can luxuriate in a nice jail cell, but if your hand touches metal, I swear, by my pretty floral bonnet, I will end you." - Mal

Ooh, awesome thread idea.

1. I want to do the 5k colour run someday.

2. I'd love to travel America; Michigan, Colorado, Philadelphia... *sighs wistfully* Mmh. I'd better get over my fear of planes first, though...

3. Work in music composing for at least one game project.

:)

• Like 1

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

I'd highly recommend Mackinac Island in Michigan.  It can get a bit pricey, but it's a fantastic place to visit! 

Thank you! I'll jot that down in the 'travel notebook'. :)

• Like 1

Level 2

Elfin Water Bender

:: STR 0 | DEX 0 | STA 0 | CON 3 | WIS 2 | CHA 1 ::

"Remember, your mind is the best weapon you have" ~ Farengar Secret-Fire

1. Compete (and win) an amateur MMA bout. (March 2016! CHECK MY SIG!)

2. Get below 200 pounds for the first time since I was 16 years old. 

3. Be on SOME obstacle-course gameshow.  My initial goal was Wipeout Canada, but it got cancelled as soon as I sent in an application. 

• Like 1

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

Three things I'd like to try;

1. Scale Ben Nevis in the next few years. In the mean time a local large mountain.

2. Make my own music, (or at-least edit) brand new thing but I crave change.

3. Run or cycle to work. Small dream but it's 9.6 mile and I'd like to be able to say I can and then try to beat my pb's.

:tongue:

• Like 1

STYLAX

Pokémon Trainer Lv0

Link

< STR:            1               |               CHA:           0 >

< STA:            1               |               WIS:            0 >

< CON:           2               |                DEX:           1 >

Just three things?  Hmmm...

• Ride Coast to Coast on a motorcycle (would require getting a license and learning to ride).
  • Train MMA and compete in an amateur bout.
  • Drive a rally car through an off-road course (I don't handle high speeds well).

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager

Just three things?  Hmmm...

• Ride Coast to Coast on a motorcycle (would require getting a license and learning to ride).
  • Train MMA and compete in an amateur bout.
  • Drive a rally car through an off-road course (I don't handle high speeds well).

I saw the beard and just assumed you were born with inherent motorcycle-riding-ness. You can do it.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Here are my three things!

1) Complete a Tough Mudder someday.

2) Be able to do one sit-up, one push-up, and one pull-up (all in good form).

3) Downsize my possessions to less than 100 things.

Saera Windrunner, Level 1 Centaur Adventurer

STR 1 | DEX 0 | STA 2 | CON 1 | WIS 4 | CHA 2

Current Challenge ~ 1st Almost-Challenge

Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

Accountabilibuddies!

Be like Batman:

29.05%
29.05%

Beware the Carb Monster: 

40%
40%

Saera vs. the Frying Pan: 

33.2%
33.2%

"For anyone stuck in that terrible place between 0 and 1."

"How bad do you want it?"

I saw the beard and just assumed you were born with inherent motorcycle-riding-ness. You can do it.

I think I was born with an inherent +5 Motorcycle Skill, but I haven't trained the ability to actually possess the talent yet.

[Level ??] Rurik, the Thunderer

Class: Stormborn War-Shaman (Path of Giants Barbarian/Conquest Paladin/Elemental Domain Cleric)

BRUTALITY 11 | FINESSE 10 | VIGOR 11 | INSIGHT 14 | WILL 13

Equipment:  Studded leather armor, war club, plus adventurer's pack containing rations, rope, and nature-based potions. 

"Rangers have to at least give up on pants. It's a special rule we enacted after Rurik became a Guild Leader.” – DarK_RaideR

"Did I just get my ass kicked by a member of Metallica meets History Channel's Vikings?" - Wild Wolf

"By the Well-Oiled-and-Meticulously-Groomed Beard of Rurik!" - Tanktimus the Encourager