Forums are back in action! ×

Hi! Agnarr here joining from Buenos Aires, Argentina. I guessed I could tell you guy some things about my struggle with weight.

I started reading NF like 2 months ago and it was really inspiring. I realiced I didn't wanted to be overweight and sad anymore, so I started eating smart(which wasn´t easy since my family consumes insane amounts of bread, pasta, grains and the like) and lifting. Immediately fell in love with it. The noob strength gains achived with the Stronglifts 5x5 program were awesome. To see the plates adding to the barbell... pure joy. Untill my lower back said "ENOUGH".

The pain was grueling and I didn't understand why since my posture was carefully trained before actually starting to lift. The doctor diagnosed me with Scoliosis and neuro-muscular issues. I don't know the english name for it. That got me quite depressed and eating wrong again. Untill one day I ate myself sick(is the grammar ok in that sentence?). That's when I told myself "Enough hidding behind my condition, time to grow some nuts".

I went back to the doctor to ask him what sort of sport/physical activity could I do. Swimming! Sweet, not my all times favourite, but certainly not the worst. In the meanwhile, I set myself a 6 week challenge: To quit grains, bread, pasta and basically everything made out of flour. My profession turned out to be "Adventurer", since I'm currently  trying to loose weight and discovering what other possibilities(besides swimming) do I have given my back issues.

Other stuff to know about this Rebel newb:

-Viking Reenactor

-Airsoft player

-Founder of "Viejo Roble Beard Co."

-1.70m/100kg or 5ft 7in / 220.46lb

I'm very exited with becoming part of this community and please feel free to point out any posting mistakes I may 've made and I shall fix'em right away.

Instagram/Facebook/Epic Quest

Previous Challenges: #1 | #2 | #3(Holiday Mini)| #4 | #5 | #6 | #7 | #8 | #9|#10| #11| #12| #13 | #14

Current Challenge: Respawn