Forums are back in action! ×

CHRONOLOGICALLY BLESSED

Is that Quigley Down Under!? Tom Selek STILL gives me good shivers.

sent from my tiny particle accelerator

Yes it is.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I think I am just happy and grateful that my exercise has meant I can run through the bush in flip flops and not suffer a fall and injury. Balance is good, even with bad eyesight I could still negotiate logs and shrubs!

My Mum at my age had begun the "big give up". She believed most of her better years were behind her and she just stopped doing stuff. I find it really sad, but then again a good motivator.

• Like 3

Wait! What............?

Same here.  I'm 60 and at 50 my mom had her first (of 5) heart attacks.  She just sat down and waited to die.  She was 73 when she passed.  I want to live every moment I can.  I just started lifting last Feb and the difference it's made is amazing.  I don't understand why every person my age out there isn't in a gym. 

• Like 7

Watching a great nerd Sci-fi, "Primer", on Netflix. Gotta follow the science jabber but serious brain drool.

what is it called? It sounds interesting.

STR 8 | DEX 4 | STA 7 | CON 6 |  WIS 9.75 | CHA 10.5
Current challenge | Accountable to chronologically blessed

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016
Quest 1 - Misfit to 800 4 days out of 7

0%
0%
Quest 2 - Mindfulness daily

0%
0%

Quest 3 - Veg with every meal, 2 pints of water a day

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I'm not doing the big give up but I do feel scuppered at every turn. I've just about got my knee rehabbed then my rotator cuff goes and I get another bloody cold. The rotator cuff is a turd, osteo says no lifting anything over shoulder height, nothing repetitive, nothing heavier than a tin of beans.... it's taking ages to heal.

I start every challenge with great intentions then get derailed by other things - I need a derailing strategy - a back up plan.

My eating is pretty under control now but when I feel really rough I just don't have the energy to stay on primal plan - last night was toasted sandwiches......

Sorry to moan, there are good things in all this - I'm in a better place food wise than I was this time last year, I'm doing much better at sleep and self care too but getting fit meets obstacles.

• Like 2

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I'm not doing the big give up but I do feel scuppered at every turn. I've just about got my knee rehabbed then my rotator cuff goes and I get another bloody cold. The rotator cuff is a turd, osteo says no lifting anything over shoulder height, nothing repetitive, nothing heavier than a tin of beans.... it's taking ages to heal.

I start every challenge with great intentions then get derailed by other things - I need a derailing strategy - a back up plan.

My eating is pretty under control now but when I feel really rough I just don't have the energy to stay on primal plan - last night was toasted sandwiches......

Sorry to moan, there are good things in all this - I'm in a better place food wise than I was this time last year, I'm doing much better at sleep and self care too but getting fit meets obstacles.

Since wts are pretty much out for a while due to rotator cuff, but knee is about "rehabbed", can you change your focus to walking for cardio?  Core might be something you can work in.  Also stretching might be an area that you could do, but you might already be getting that w/ physical therapy if you are getting some of that.  Just thoughts.  

• Like 1

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Since wts are pretty much out for a while due to rotator cuff, but knee is about "rehabbed", can you change your focus to walking for cardio? Core might be something you can work in. Also stretching might be an area that you could do, but you might already be getting that w/ physical therapy if you are getting some of that. Just thoughts.

^^Great suggestions. It got me thinking, Scumspawn. Can you do wall push ups? Will that mess with your rotator cuff if your arms are low? Can you do squats and lunges? Can you do dumbbell rows with that can of beans?

Granny Nogg - Level 10 Warrior

Battle Log| Challenge 8 |Challenge 9 | Challenge 10

My Job | My Epic Quest | Instagram

"Those are not my monkeys."

Since wts are pretty much out for a while due to rotator cuff, but knee is about "rehabbed", can you change your focus to walking for cardio?  Core might be something you can work in.  Also stretching might be an area that you could do, but you might already be getting that w/ physical therapy if you are getting some of that.  Just thoughts.  

Yep, walking is on my goals for this challenge - but since every time I move I cough, it's out of the question for the moment. Stretching I can do though.

^^Great suggestions. It got me thinking, Scumspawn. Can you do wall push ups? Will that mess with your rotator cuff if your arms are low? Can you do squats and lunges? Can you do dumbbell rows with that can of beans?

nope, no push ups of any sort, no planks, no repetitive motions, knitting hurts, shoulder hurts when I run.  I can swing the can of beans gently keeping it low, that's it. I'm still doing squats though, I do them when I'm brushing my teeth so it's a habit :-)

My 4 goals are eating well (sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times), walking to at least 1000 on my misfit, being mindful for at least 5 mins a day and self care. If I replaced the eating and walking goals with drinking enough water and stretching daily when I'm ill at least I'd be working towards something, seems a bit lame though, I miss lifting

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

The name of the movie is "Primer". Watch it with someone - I guarantee an interesting discussion after the movie.

it's not on my Netflix :-(

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

it's not on my Netflix :-(

That's so weird, because I just went and looked it up on the Netflix app on my phone. Yeah, it's there. It's a 2004 movie. Do you have the dvd-only subscription? Maybe it isn't available by dvd.

• Like 1

That's so weird, because I just went and looked it up on the Netflix app on my phone. Yeah, it's there. It's a 2004 movie. Do you have the dvd-only subscription? Maybe it isn't available by dvd.

nope, I'm in the UK, maybe we have different Netfix's. I can pretend to be somewhere else but I think that is a little illegal

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

nope, I'm in the UK, maybe we have different Netfix's. I can pretend to be somewhere else but I think that is a little illegal

Ohhhhhh! Okay that makes sense. Well, if you have amazon prime, maybe?

Here's the direct link. ..probably won't work but you never know.

Check out "Primer" on Netflix

Http://www.netflix.com/title/60034782?source=android

• Like 1

Ohhhhhh! Okay that makes sense. Well, if you have amazon prime, maybe?

Here's the direct link. ..probably won't work but you never know.

Check out "Primer" on Netflix

Http://www.netflix.com/title/60034782?source=android

ah! gutting, I can see the info about it but can't play it - I'm sure it will come around someday though, I'll look out for it

• Like 1

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

ah! gutting, I can see the info about it but can't play it - I'm sure it will come around someday though, I'll look out for it

Yeah, I feel that way about some of the dvd-only films. Netflix does circulate things in and out so I just have to wait. But I HATE waiting, so I often end up either requesting it through the library, renting it from a video store, or renting it on Amazon.

• Like 1

revised challenge is......

Quest 1 - Moving
get to my Misfit tracker goal of 1000 points a day for 6 days out of 7. or -
stretch every day for 5 minutes if I'm not up to walking.
25% for each full week achieved, STR 2, DEX 2, STA 2

Quest 2 - Mindfulness,

3.5% on stat bar every day I practice mindfulness in any situation (including eating) for at least 5 minutes a day.

Quest 3 - Clean Eating

sugar once a week, wheat twice, cheese 3 times, or drink my water app goal if I'm not up to cooking
25% on stat bar for every week I stick to this plan - no points if I have extra days of anything. CON3

Life Goal for January.

3.5% for each day I spend 5 minutes looking after myself somehow. CHA 3

This means that even when I feel like total cack I can still meet my goals. Huge thanks folks, you really helped me sort it out.

• Like 5

Progress bars below!

Feb 2016

0%
0%

0%
0%

0%
0%
Life Goal - Self Care
0%
0%

I can't recommend this recipe enough. I know a number of us in here are low carb to paleo, thought you'd like to try it.

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/od/breads/r/flaxbasicfoc.htm

This is random but it is for oldies.  The AMC near me occassionally plays old movies and I went to see "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid" cause I was bored, although it is a terrific classic.  When it finished, I was watching the credits and saw that Sam Elliot (one of my favorite actors) was in it.  He was listed as "card player # 2".  It was his first movie

role.  He did not even speak.  It's always neat to see a major star in one of his first roles.  

(More randomness about Sam Elliot and the movie)

He and Katharine Ross (lead actress in the film) had no scenes together and did not meet until they both appeared in The Legacy(1978). They have been married since 1984.

• Like 4

Current Challenge 

We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.
Diet is 80% of losing weight, exercise is 80% of motivation.

The only thing I am 100% sure of is my ability to be wrong.

Sam Elliot out acted Patrick Swayze in Roadhouse, but then again I love a good moustache and a 20 pack a day voice! :)

Ha!! I do, to. I've always been partial to men with well-groomed facial hair. Anything from lambchops to soul patches to full but groomed beards.

I once encouraged my husband's to shave his whiskers. What was I thinking?! He grew it back as quickly as he could.

• Like 1

Ha!! I do, to. I've always been partial to men with well-groomed facial hair. Anything from lambchops to soul patches to full but groomed beards.

I once encouraged my husband's to shave his whiskers. What was I thinking?! He grew it back as quickly as he could.

My wife has never seen me without a beard.  It's full but (mostly) neatly trimmed.  Someones it gets a little shaggy if I don't get around to trimming it.  Whenever I trim it she says "That's the man I married!"

When I grew it, I went from "looks like he didn't shave" to "has a beard" in a bit over a week.  Oddly, the best thing you can do to make that transition is to trim off all the facial hair that you don't intend to keep as part of the beard, the throat and cheeks above the beard for instance.  

Edit: Duh, forgot I added a picture.  In that picture it's a little shaggy, about due for a trim.

I have had it with people today. Language Warning!

Rant 1)

I don't want to know what or was not done within the Ambulance Centre today. I am not interested in gossip and innuendo so.......fuck off.

This due to the over active gossip machine of any organisation, usually with the help of people with too much time on their hands and little in the way of imagination to keep themselves and the mouths occupied.

Rant 2)

When my Boss starts a sentence with "Leanne I respect what you do on the Ambulance...........but..........." Yeah well you can fuck off too.

The second rant coming because the old cow boss is putting more pressure on me to abandon my Duty on Ambulance Friday in favour of her crap, she has failed in her duty to find a replacement for me, she knew I was coming onto her team and had 4 weeks prior to starting work to get this organised, I have never worked at the pool on a Friday, she knows this, in 3 years it has never changed. Leaving this to last minute shows how confident she is in her Bullying tactics, that she will get her own way. Not today Zurg!

• Like 1

Wait! What............?