Forums are back in action! ×

Cold Busting Time

Hey Gang! No sooner did I get myself situation and ready to embark upon my fitness journey, I got saddled with a cold virus. (Boooooo!) While I am following doctor's orders for medication. What holistic and old tried-and-true methods do you gravitate to when you're sick? When I have the strength, I'm hitting up the market for a crate of mandarin oranges, some ginger, and apple cider vinegar, but I'm interested in adding to my shopping list. 

Any input you could provide would be great. I don't need OTC medications, as I have that on lock down. Thanks!  :positive:

:star: "Geeky Conversations & Plentiful Libations:victorious:

Karen Writes | @Kahrenheit [ IG | P | T ]

My shopping list is similar to yours. I'm a big fan of hot water with ginger, honey and... well just that. For the rest I just sleep sleep sleep. My strategy now is to take a day off the moment I feel the first symptom. On that day I sleep a lot. I'm not even sick yet but I know I will be. Since I do that I manage to avoid being sick almost all the time and that only cost me like 1 or 2 days off a year.

• Like 1

My Battle Log

Challenges 1, 2,

Escape the Matrix Quest

Those are challenges I couldn't complete during previous 6 Week Challenges. While they won't be my focus for the next 6WC, I am keeping them here until I complete them. I WILL complete them.

Push ups challenge (3 sets of 30)

50%
50%

Freaking pull ups challenge (10 consecutive pushups)

64%
64%

My favorite "I'm sick" drink...

1 cup of tea, you choose the flavor (Echinecea is supposed to help shorten the length of a cold)

Splash of lemon juice

a bit of honey

shot of whiskey

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

As already said: Zinc but I use 45mg/per day. Within 48 hours of symptoms starting and discontinued after 3 days as that's pretty much OD level. But the dose needs to be high to be effective. Also high dose of zinc is one of the very few things shown to be actually effective in fighting a cold but it has to be started in that 48hr window.

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

My favorite "I'm sick" drink...

1 cup of tea, you choose the flavor (Echinecea is supposed to help shorten the length of a cold)

Splash of lemon juice

a bit of honey

shot of whiskey

Ya know, you can leave out the honey... and the lemon juice... and even the tea... you may not feel any better, but you'll care a lot less! :-)

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson