Forums are back in action! ×

30 minutes

Take a look at the progress bar in my signature and notice that it's full!

I ran 30 minutes for the first time today.  I didn't run 5km like I was supposed to.  30 minutes running + 5 minutes walking added up to 5.05km at an average speed of 8.6km/h.  That's close enough for me.  I'll get there in the future.

The run was by no means fun.  But it went reasonably ok.  I wanted to quit for the first time at around 15 minutes.  Pushed through.  It went ok for a while.  Then I wanted to give up again but I noticed I only had a minute and a half of running left.  So I told myself "ok, you can go home now, as long as you do it running".  If I had run any slower, I would have been going backwards but I did keep running!

And here we are.  I finished the program I was following and I ran 30 minutes.  Guess it's time to start looking for a running shop to buy me the shoes I promised myself as a reward if I keep this up for a couple of weeks.

• Like 4

My Profile        |     I must not fear.  Fear is the mind killer.

My Battle Log  |     Fear is the little death that brings total obliteration.

|     I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.

Start to Run      |     And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.

|   Where the fear has gone, there will be nothing.  Only I will remain.