Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

My gym has free coffee for members and then also sells smoothies. It might sell something else but I'm not sure. I kind of ignored the snack area until I figured out that the coffee was free.

I love chocolate milk after working out. Well, I love it anytime but working out is as good a time as any to have it.

2016 goals: Hit goal weight. Build muscle.

2015 goals: Get stronger, stop loathing squats and get better at them - DONE!!!

2014 goal: Lose 52.5 lbs. - DONE!!! 12/13/14

MFP

Oh many Starbucks. I get a kick out of people who get venti frappa-mocha-latte-cino concoctions for the 'caffeine' when it usually has 1 shot of espresso for caffeine and the rest is sugar. Triple shot espresso ftw if you gotta keep it going- though in a gym I can see my heart exploding inside me if I attempted anything caffeinated before or after a good workout.  

Although I must admit, I am a basic bitch and always grab a PSL when they do come out. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. 

Spaz Ranger

BATTLE LOG

You can have results or excuses. Not both

The rock climbing gym I hit up (Coyote Rock) has a vending machine with bags of trail mix, some peanut M&Ms, water, juices, a few high sugar snacks just incase, and little bags of chalk.

• Like 2

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

The rock climbing gym I hit up (Coyote Rock) has a vending machine with bags of trail mix, some peanut M&Ms, water, juices, a few high sugar snacks just incase, and little bags of chalk.

If there are a lot of boulderers working out there, how about little bags of weed too? ;)

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

If there are a lot of boulderers working out there, how about little bags of weed too? ;)

You have to ask at the desk for that, they don't want little kids to have easy access to it.

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I've developed something of a following among my friends who go to the gym. Three people I know have started joining me in my routine, after spending the last few months using machines mostly. I was surprised at how few people I know have done squats, they're like the bread and butter of resistance training.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Oh many Starbucks. I get a kick out of people who get venti frappa-mocha-latte-cino concoctions for the 'caffeine' when it usually has 1 shot of espresso for caffeine and the rest is sugar. Triple shot espresso ftw if you gotta keep it going- though in a gym I can see my heart exploding inside me if I attempted anything caffeinated before or after a good workout.  

Although I must admit, I am a basic bitch and always grab a PSL when they do come out. Pumpkin EVERYTHING. 

Tall soy almond cappuccino with an extra shot is my pre-workout. Totally works too.

I've developed something of a following among my friends who go to the gym. Three people I know have started joining me in my routine, after spending the last few months using machines mostly. I was surprised at how few people I know have done squats, they're like the bread and butter of resistance training.

It does tend to happen when people see something leading to success. 

Admittedly, I think I terrify as many people as I inspire. One of my training buddies uses me to shame other guys into squatting: "Well, if she can squat it then you should be able to."

• Like 4

OK, fun stuff for the week...I love how my gym always has a few bits for the week! :P

1) Dude doing neutral grip hammer curls in the mirror. That's OK, they're a thing. But he does both arms at the same time, in the same direction, but only through a short motion...and each one has a hip thrust...not sure how to put this delicately... ... ... he's humping his reflection! Think about that motion again lol!

2) A PT tells her trainee.padawan whatever that diet is not the key to weightloss until you get super low. Like 8%for a woman!!

3) Dude curling 30kg barbell, pretty girl distracts him to say hi, and he clocks himself in the throat, drops the bar and collapses choking..yeah that was me lmao

• Like 5

The valiant never taste of death but once.

Battle Log:

100 Day Bench Press Challenge (64 Days)

Challenge: 1, 2

Estrix, level 1 Goblin Raider

STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2

Some one is a slow.learner

345bd0ba14f190752b41fe1257abd232.jpg

We had a sign up in the apartment gym for the longest time reminding people that there was no spitting allowed...... not the accidental, I',m breathing hard spit, the problem was asshole hocking loogies into the corners. It was disgusting.

On the Starbucks side, mine is a Venti Dark Roast Blackeye (2 shots of espresso) when I really need a boost. Otherwise same thing, no blackeye.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I absolutely despise commercial gyms that outright ban the use of chalk. They have cleaners in there, let them do their jobs. It's a different thing to have someone mess up the entire gym with chalk but those people can be dealt with individually. The basement gym I used to go to had a vacuum cleaner in case you made a big mess but the big commercial one before that just banned the use of chalk entirely "because the cleaners complained".

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

I actually hate coffee in all its varieties.  So the very few times I've gone to Starbucks (usually for OC meet ups), I throw a curveball and get Hot Chocolate.  I also just say Large, Medium, or Small.  Screw that high-class, hipster Venti bullshit.  :P 

• Like 2

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I understand it. The entire goal of the commercial gym mangement is to limit costs so that they can keep membership fees down and attract more clients. Chalk everywhere might increase the hours the cleaners have to work or increase the number of cleaners needed depending on how clean and shiny you want your gym every morning.

• Like 2

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

I understand it. The entire goal of the commercial gym mangement is to limit costs so that they can keep membership fees down and attract more clients. Chalk everywhere might increase the hours the cleaners have to work or increase the number of cleaners needed depending on how clean and shiny you want your gym every morning.

The gym I went to cost almost 70€ per month so I doubt that was the goal :D Business-wise I do understand that in gym franchises that cost around 20€ a month.

Crush your enemies, see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of girly men.

I'm not a big fan of coffee, so when I do go to a coffee shop, I always order either hot chocolate or tea. I always say small, medium or large; regardless of what they've renamed the sizes. And If they ask for my name, I have a tendency to give them something outrageous because I figure it's none of their business; especially when I'm paying cash.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog

Chain restaurants have successfully gotten people their correct orders for decades by calling the order and an order's number. My name is not necessary.  I don't go to fast food places anymore, but when I did, Mcdonalds never asked for my name.

And yes, sometimes I forget to use my aliases.

• Like 1

Level 20 Ranger Monk 

Str- 18, Dex-12, Sta-10, Con-23, Wis-88, Cha-47

"Not all who wander are lost."

"We Shall Not Practice Fear"

Current Battlelog