Forums are back in action! ×

Overheard in the gym - Share!

There are some people who truly deserve to have their tires slashed.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

There are some people who truly deserve to have their tires slashed.

I was thinking, put small knife on the toe of your shoe, and kick the tire. Make the knife easily detachable

• Like 1

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

I just heard the Sorority accent conversation in the gym near the stair-master, completed with OMG, Shut-Up, and like, three times, like, in a, like sentence (fake-sounding laughs).

I thought it only exists in movies like Mean Girls. 

• Like 4

I just heard the Sorority accent conversation in the gym near the stair-master, completed with OMG, Shut-Up, and like, three times, like, in a, like sentence (fake-sounding laughs).

That's so not fetch.

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

It's Wednesday, are you guys wearing pink?

• Like 1

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

1. I don't own anything pink...

2. Did I miss something? Why pink today?

tumblr_lx1g7ttpML1qb9pa3o1_500.gif

• Like 2

500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

That's so not fetch.

You're never going to make that a thing.

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Mean Girls??  Never seen it so I missed the reference. :-) I'll be sure to get a pink thong and wear it on wednesdays.

Should see it, mostly because the supporting cast is really good. Main cast, not so much.

500 / 330 / 625

Not heard in the gym but seen, three Bro's come in while I'm doing my deadlifts, admittedly I only had 70kg on the bar, but we don't actually have a platform, so I use two rubber mats to cordon off my special lifting space of solitude.

Anyhoo Bro's come in and begin to stretch, close enough to my deadlifting, area of solitude, that it makes me uncomfortable, I just kept thinking if this thing gets away from me, I could actually hurt someone. So I take a longer than usual break to let them finish.

Next thing you know their winding each other up, " yeah chest! " beats chest etc, etc, etc.

I proceed with my workout next thing on my list is rows so I swap out plates and start rows, next thing you know Bro's getting all upset because they can't find the 5kg plates, which are hanging off my bar. They didn't ask but just gave me the stink eye. Funnily enough I was rowing more than they were benching, even when I gave them the 5's when I finished. True Bro style reps over weight........they definitely weren't doing any leg days.......wimps.

So I go to crappy little bench tucked away between the machines to do my bench. I'm stoked, I'm benching 40kg tonight! I'm in the zone, when I finally look up 3 Bro's totally slack jawing at me, I was so tempted to show them the pregnant swan, but decided against it, I just turned away and sniggered silently to myself.

Yeah that's right fellas, old fat chicks lift shit too! :)

• Like 5

Wait! What............?

So I go to crappy little bench tucked away between the machines to do my bench. I'm stoked, I'm benching 40kg tonight! I'm in the zone, when I finally look up 3 Bro's totally slack jawing at me, I was so tempted to show them the pregnant swan, but decided against it, I just turned away and sniggered silently to myself.

the pregnant swan?????

I have no clue what that move is but it sounds hilarious and would probably hurt me a little

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

I've had car drivers purposefully try to run me off the roads. Sadly for them they were unaware of the combat boots I wear with my uniform and I've kicked major dents into car doors, and even taken out a head light once. I am not joking when they try to kill me like that.

There's a book, titled something like "It's not about you", written by a former FBI agent on interpersonal skills.  If I recall correctly, at one point he tells a story about accidentally cutting off a bicyclist in New York City.  This biker followed him through traffic to the next light, where he starts beating on the agent's car with a bike lock chain.

For those of you who haven't seen them, bike lock chains in NYC are as thick as my (admittedly skinny) wrists- each link is ~2.5 inches wide, and about half or three-quarters of an inch thick.  They are so heavy that everyone wears them over the shoulder like a bandoleer, because it would bang around or throw off the balance too much to hang it anywhere else.

Searching the world for a cure for my wanderlust.

There's a book, titled something like "It's not about you", written by a former FBI agent on interpersonal skills.  If I recall correctly, at one point he tells a story about accidentally cutting off a bicyclist in New York City.  This biker followed him through traffic to the next light, where he starts beating on the agent's car with a bike lock chain.

For those of you who haven't seen them, bike lock chains in NYC are as thick as my (admittedly skinny) wrists- each link is ~2.5 inches wide, and about half or three-quarters of an inch thick.  They are so heavy that everyone wears them over the shoulder like a bandoleer, because it would bang around or throw off the balance too much to hang it anywhere else.

I wish this guy had done it accidentally. Not, the asshole who forced me off to the side had driven behind me (multi lane road, he could have gone around) honking at me, then pulled up along side me, matching my speed, yelled out his window 'get off the fucking road cow!' and then sharply pulled his car towards me.

Yeah, I'm guessing that wasn't accidental. He earned the broken tail light.

"What doesn't kill me better start running", level 7 Furyan Assassin
My Journey From Fat to Fit: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13|CURRENT

A proud member of the Champion House; Targaryen (Assassin's mini), Hufflepuff bravery is forgetting to be afraid because the thing is so important that the risk doesn't even matter (Assassin's mini) , Hellfire Club represent! (Assassin's mini)

In the gym I was doing dumbbell rows on one of the benches when a guy sits on the bench to the left of mine. After a couple of minutes I'm mid-set rowing a dumbbell on the left side of the bench, this guy grabs a dumbbell from the rack (one of those long racks that go across the wall), and starts rowing it, but instead of using the bench that he's decided to take up by sitting on it between sets, he uses the rack. Now, normally I find doing whatever dumbbell lift you're doing from the rack irritating enough, just move the weight about 5 feet to a bench or space of floor and get out of everyone's way, you dickhole. But this guy had one hand on the rack, the other hand rowing the dumbbell, and his feet spread out as widely as possible, one of his feet was placed next to the foot I had planted on the ground on the inside of my leg. When I finished the set for that side, I went to switch to the other side and nearly tripped on his leg, at which point he gives me a look like I just spat on his mother's face, and maintained this for most of the 10 more minutes he was there.

• Like 2

Follow me on snapchat or instagram @ catintherack

Squat: 115kg

Bench: 77.5kg

Deadlift: 130kg

Total: 322.5kg

Weight: 68kg

Not heard in the gym but seen, three Bro's come in while I'm doing my deadlifts, admittedly I only had 70kg on the bar, but we don't actually have a platform, so I use two rubber mats to cordon off my special lifting space of solitude.

Anyhoo Bro's come in and begin to stretch, close enough to my deadlifting, area of solitude, that it makes me uncomfortable, I just kept thinking if this thing gets away from me, I could actually hurt someone. So I take a longer than usual break to let them finish.

Next thing you know their winding each other up, " yeah chest! " beats chest etc, etc, etc.

I proceed with my workout next thing on my list is rows so I swap out plates and start rows, next thing you know Bro's getting all upset because they can't find the 5kg plates, which are hanging off my bar. They didn't ask but just gave me the stink eye. Funnily enough I was rowing more than they were benching, even when I gave them the 5's when I finished. True Bro style reps over weight........they definitely weren't doing any leg days.......wimps.

Lifting space of solitude needs to be a thing!

• Like 2

I. Can't. Even.

• Like 1

Lv 2 Human Assassin
Str:4
Dex:3
Sta:2
Con:1
Wis:2
Cha:0
Motto: "Don't give up yet...You've still got a couple of M*therf*ckers to prove wrong!"
Previous Challenge:Challenge 1: Ryan's Quest for Inner Peace

I. Can't. Even.

reminds me of this song:

• Like 1

May Br0din bless you with mighty gains, and may your shaker bottle always be full.

Wheymen

...and, if you die...  Walk it off - Captain America

Level 13: 1/4 Giant Warrior

STR - 50 | DEX - 19 | STA - 19 | CON - 14 | WIS - 28 | CHA - 24

My food logging is here*: MFP: tyrsnbdr

I can't judge, my vocab is unfortunately filled with equal amounts of "Oh. My. Gods" and "Dude".

It's bad when I get caught up at work and excitedly go 'dude, this is AWESOME' to my all female over 40 work group while they look at me like I have 3 heads.

I'm a 44 year old chick and I have to keep checking myself, Dude comes into my conversations way to much. :)

• Like 1

Wait! What............?