Forums are back in action! ×

Throwing down the SPRING FORWARD pledge Gauntlet!

I was just thinking about the idea of Springing Forward not just in terms of daylight savings times but in the actual act of physically springing forward into action and I thought it would be a fun idea, in addition to all these wonderful challenges that I simply adore, to make a pledge to get into as great a shape as I can before the FALL BACK change in October.

That is of course a pretty long time, and the regular challenges help to keep us focused, but it is 7 or so months and that is plenty of time to Level up my life and get into amazing shape.

So, I am taking the pledge and I hope others will join me in this EPIC QUEST to GET into the best shape of our lives and really level up our lifestyles, health and outlook, by the time we Fall Back...

Who's with me?????? .....(in my best rah rah voice!)

The real world is bizarre enough for me....Blue Oyster Cult!

Oystergirl: Bad Assed Lightcaster (aka wizard!)

STR: 2 | DEX: 3 | CON: 3 | STA: 2 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 5

Oystergirl's Bad Ass Lightcaster Wicked Rocking Adventure Challenge!

Come visit my wicked rocking Nerd Fitness blog!

I'm with you!! I've declared 2012 the year of me, after 6 years of focusing pretty much solely on my kids. Getting healthy, getting strong and building my business.

Almost word for word here (except ten years on the kids thing). Woo!

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

With you all!

And weird -- I, too, have declared that this is the year I put myself first, instead of putting my obligations to everyone else ahead of my obligations to myself. That was, in fact, my new year's plan (not resolution).

(and it's awfully hard to write that I will put myself first, without qualifying it with a 'without being horribly selfish' clause, but I really want to get to a point where my self-care doesn't need explanation or defense).

LRB, Lifelong Rebel Badass  ||  June 3 challenge thread

"What I lack in ability, I make up in stubbornness" -me

"Someone busier than you is working out right now" -my mom

2013 Is going to be the Year of Me, but I'm transitioning into it now.

My youngest starts school in August, so I plan to start triathlon training then. I'm dropping commitments for next year as fast as I can (PTO, room mom, team mom) so I can focus on what I plan to do with myself...go back to school, write a book, just sleep a lot, and have a decision made by 2013.

I don't know what it will be yet, but I do know it will be life changing and exciting.

The old believe everything; the middle aged suspect everything: the young know everything.

~Oscar Wilde

I call this my Wolverine challenge. By Halloween I want to pull off a Wolverine costume. Need to drop at least 8% BF (about 20lbs) by then while maintaining or building back all my muscle.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Yah!!!! giggling a little cause I always say, i am gonna put myself first...and I have 18 years in on the kid thing! So this can be the spring forward, year of me, wolverine challenge (ok, I would rather wear a cat woman suit!) The more the merrier and I love it when people share their dreams, they feel so much more powerful in a group consciousness sort of way!

Rock on!

I call this my Wolverine challenge. By Halloween I want to pull off a Wolverine costume. Need to drop at least 8% BF (about 20lbs) by then while maintaining or building back all my muscle.

In that case, this is my Goku Challenge! :D A friend of mine is a bodybuilder, a foot shorter than me, and has a pronounced widow's peak. He promised to go as Vegeta if I can pull it off.

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

LOL I love how this morphed into a what we want to be for halloweenie pledge...so nerdy! So perfect! So lets all rock it!!! Get on the bandwagon with a long term pledge! Plus, I want to know what everyone is gonna be for halloween now!

I like it!! I love Halloween and maybe I'll use this year as an excuse to go as something / someone built like a beast! Hmmm...do I have enough time to be able to pull off a Khal Drogo??? Challenge accepted!

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

Lachy, you can do the mid summer nights dream challenge instead! LOL I always get confused. My sister lives in Melbourne and I always forget your seasons are opposite to us!