Forums are back in action! ×

Hi everyone!

My name is Alex. I'm a scrublord nerd/student from the UK in Hampshire and I want to be healthy. I don't know anything about fitness or nutrition and my nutrition is super bad so thats going to be my hardest hurdle. I study media, love tabletop and video gaming and roleplaying. I'm still living at home and I'm not fat everywhere, its mainly in my gut and torso but the rest of me is so skinny so I look like a lump of clay. I want to take that clay and mould and refine it into a body I can be happier with.

My main goal to to get bigger and stronger. I look like such a twig and most days I'm sick and tired and I've had enough. I want to be thicker and have strength. At this time I have only started the beginner bodyweight training the nerdfitness chaps showed on one of their articles. Barely managed to do a full 1 circuit but hey that means I can't get lower in my eyes. It's only up from here. The plan for now is to stick to bodyweight training for a few weeks until I can afford a gym membership which is right by my work and university which will motivate me to drop in after lectures or shifts. I have researched strength training and its the path I feel I want to take and from the bodyweight training I did I really enjoying the dumbell row so I'm hoping I can transition that into a gym situation.

Risk wise I'm scared of getting embarrassed and nervous about training, especially in front of people. I was bullied a lot when I was younger and its made me really self conscience of myself and a bit of an introvert (Although if you meet me I'm very chipper and happy its mainly a mask I put on to please people). As I stated before nutrition is going to be super hard for me. I know I eat a lot of junk food and there are so many convenient food places from my work/university from my home. Luckily I walk everywhere so that has helped my physique a tad as well as my job forcing me to stand up all day. I never really planned my food I just grabbed the first thing I saw so actually planning food to eat is gonna be hard.

Thanks for listening if your this far down. I heard this was a great community and that I think will be critical to me keeping on this new lifestyle. I hope to make you guys proud in my progress. This is something I won't back down from. My mental and physical necessity for it is too much to ignore. And as long as I can still game in between workouts, study and general life then I'll be a happy chap. See ya folks! :D

• Like 1

Halloo UK friend! Welcome to the community. :D

You have good motivation and a couple of good goals! As for being scared at the gym, I'm pretty sure a lot of people feel the same. If you want to ask more detailed advice, pop into the various guilds and ask them questions (I would think especially the Warriors and Rangers).

Actually, I would definitely recommend that you say hi to the warriors, as they are all about growing stronger using weights and the ilk. Everyone is really welcoming and will give you a hand on your journey.

But one of the greatest things about the community is the 4 week challenges, which is about building sustainable habits for a positive and better life overall. Pop over to the Rebel guild and say hi in the Juice Bar, and you can create a challenge for the last week of the 4WC and experiment with a couple of habits you want to build.

All the best for your journey!

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest