Forums are back in action! ×

Greetings from a hotel room

Hello all, I'm LittleDucky, aka Amber.  I've been part of NF for about six months, and went to camp this year.  Finally got around to joining the forums after lurking for a bit and seeing what the community was like.

I originally joined because the reviews for NF were through the roof, and usually once I commit to something, it becomes much easier to stick with.  So far, that hasn't been working so well.  I'm decently in shape, as it is required for my job; have to take a physical fitness exam twice a year.  However, my goal is to do more than just be able to pass, and for that need someone to kick me in the rear and I'm hoping that this community will be willing to help with that.  Currently, the job has me traveling extensively; 50% this year (traveling as I write this), and with all the time zone changes, and highly unstable work hours, have had little energy and willpower to work out and keep in shape.  Eating is also a challenge, and snacking is the enemy.  Fairly good at making healthy meal choices, but snacking is all over the board.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward the Assassin guild, as they feature body weight workouts, and stuff that is easier to accomplish in a hotel room or with little equipment.  That, and I may have fallen a bit in love with parkour at camp, and am hoping to someday be home long enough to sign up for some classes.  It's a pleasure to meet you all, and look forward to working with you in the future.

Heyyy!

So jealous of you going to camp! What was your favourite part? (other than the parkour :P)

Sounds like you're starting off your challenges on a very difficult mode, but you should still be able to build some worthwhile sustainable habits for your travels. 

If you're getting interested in the Assassins guild, I would highly recommend going by to them and saying hi. You can also pop by the Rebels and meet other people starting off on their NF journey as well!

Welcome to this fantastic journey!

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest

6 hours ago, LittleDucky said:

Thanks for the encouragement, it's much appreciated.  My favourite part of camp outside parkour is split between Michelle's cooking classes, and the welcoming atmosphere in general.  Everyone out there was awesome and welcoming, and that made everything so much better.

One day I'll be able to make it, but it coincide with my trip to NZ next year, and then with me starting the uni the year after. But some day. :P

they / them  |  half-orc paladin ( oath of the watcher )   --   lv 0

Challenge 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20Battle Log ~ Epic Quest