What's your mutation or not-so-super-power?

I have the ability to find a common ground with anyone I talk with. I attribute this to my knowledge on so many subjects yet by expertise on none of them.

I can be extremely convincing. This always came in handy back in school with any class and for any assignment. Once, after successfully convincing an English teacher to postpone the due date on an assignment for everyone, she later announced to the class, "If you ever need an assignment delayed, test/quiz moved, etc, just send [icedtrip] to talk to me." And in college I was once able to talk my way into taking a make-up exam from a professor who never allowed make-up exams, had never given one, and took pride in this fact. This power has also enabled me to dig myself out of holes, recover from sticking my foot in my mouth, etc.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

I am an uber fast reader as well. Also whenever I recall something I have read I will see it on the page like a photo in my head.

My husband is the real superpower. As preciously described by some my husband is very perceptive. After speaking with someone for a short time he can tell a significant amount about their personality and history and is invariable accurate. He also accurately predicts the sex of unborn children.

Too weird. Mine would he very likened to your husband. After short conversation I can read a persons mail right back to them. I have also known on several occasions when someone was pregnant before they knew. Like when I was a teen and so were they and for all I knew they were virgins but id wake up one day and know.

I have a few of the more common powers, such as speed-reading, sneaking up on people, fading into the background and a sometimes absurd memory for details and trivia.

But my personal physical quirk, which admittedly runs in my family (I got it from my mother), is the ability to make my eyeballs vibrate, which is useful for staring contests. I can't see fine detail too well when I do it, as my entire field of vision is shaking rapidly. If I have an object to focus on they can go even faster.

Hope that counts :P

It's like, that people … well, that everybody has a secret world inside of them. I mean everybody. All of the people in the whole world — no matter how dull and boring they are on the outside. Inside them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds … not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands, maybe. (The Sandman - A Game of You)

Well, I have a few mild or "useless" superpowers. I'm one of the people who can read mirrored text, backwards text, upside-down text, and even combinations of the three. I have an uncanny ability to turn a conversation to very silly subjects. I also am really good at figuring out harmony by ear for songs that I've just been introduced to.

I also have an intermittent ability to do random minor epic feats. For example, I once estimated the amount of vinegar I had in an unmarked container, and when I poured it into a measuring cup, found out I was exactly correct. I'm still working on harnessing that particular ability full-time.

My real useless superpower, though, is the ability to walk in on a movie or show I've been wanting to see just as a big plot point is being revealed. Not any show or movie, mind you, but absolutely the ones that I've been interested in seeing. I once ended up watching Signs quasi-backwards, because I walked in on the last half, and had to go back and see the first half. (I don't recommend doing that, by the way.) Just call me...Spoiler Girl.