Well, I squeaked into day 1 just in time, and even managed to achieve today's goals! 

Thanks to my amazing friend (in real life) TheHalfie for telling me about Nerd Fitness long enough in advance that I had ample time to procrastinate about completing my post until the last moment! (This might be something for next challenge.) But I'm thrilled to be here and give six weeks a chance to retrain my habit patterns. 

With my new goals in place, I'm off on my mission to find balance.

Here's the July 29 rundown. 

WIN: work up at 5:30am. (That'll be a point thanks.)

WIN: yoga workout (yup, that's another point for day 1)

WIN: No caffeine and NO gluten (boom -- 2 points)

Side quest: totally unpacked my bags from a weekend away. Side quest score. 

4 points, and priceless satisfaction. 

Ok Day 2, I'm ready for you. 

Challenge goal: to find balance

~ yoga ~ meditation ~ time management ~

Because every day is "day one"

~ battle log ~

Thanks Kikiiii! 

Day 2 -- nailed it! But starting to feel the effects of early mornings without the early nights (note time). Must prioritize earlier posts (not to mention dinners) or this is going to be a very dark-circle creating quest. 

July 30 rundown. 

WIN: work up at 6am-ish (Ok, I was out at 6:15, but I'm giving myself lenience for learning how to navigate nerd fitness last night. Tomorrow, no excuses. (point!)

WIN: Went to group meditation tonight! (point!)

WIN: No caffeine or gluten -- well, I may have snuck a decaf coffee, but I'm still taking (2 points)

Side quest: Does filling the dishwasher count as cleaning up mess?

BONUS WIN! Went Paddleboarding for the first time ever, and it was an AWESOME experience! Super stoked to literally have had a new way to integrate balance. Has anyone else tried it? 

Total: 4 points. See ya soon Day 3.  

~ battle log ~

SO AWESOME! Your quest is filled with all things dear to my heart. Yoga and meditation are amazing for the mind, body & soul. I also tried paddle boarding for the first time recently and really enjoyed it as well! 

Very excited for you as you seem to be focused and doing great. Keep it up!!! 

Thanks for all the support! 

Day 3: the hiccups begin! Oh no! haha.. So, lesson learned: no more late nights. sub-goal: to be in bed by 10pm tonight!

- My body overrode my mission and I slept through all of this mornings' alarms and was almost late to work! Oi. Great to fail though, just to be reminded the stark difference of how it feels vs. getting up early (no point there I am afraid.) 

- DID MY POWER WORKOUT! Yeah! Spin class for an hour, then guided deadlifts, curls, and a crapload of squats, abs and other things that an instructor can do to torture your body for an hour. It was AWESOME. Really, I should get two points for managing it with little sleep, but we'll keep it at one. ;) 

- No gluten (yeah!) and no caffine (realization -- I already miss coffee, like, hardcore!! OH MY GOD WHY DID I PICK CAFFEINE!!!!!???)

- Side quest: I unpacked my purse. Haha.. today, a little stretched. I'll do better tomorrow. 

Total points so far accumulated: 4+4+3 = 11

~ battle log ~

Oh the hiccups... I guess it's a good reminder that we're human. Is decaf coffee off limits too? It might help with you with the psychological aspect of the coffee habit. And the smell. I miss the smell when I go off it... Great stuff on the gluten free! That's impressive. How do you feel? Any different than when you were gluten-full?

Also... your power workout seems AWESOME. Look at ya! Deadlifts! Squats! You're a hero. 

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

Oh the hiccups... I guess it's a good reminder that we're human. Is decaf coffee off limits too? It might help with you with the psychological aspect of the coffee habit. And the smell. I miss the smell when I go off it... Great stuff on the gluten free! That's impressive. How do you feel? Any different than when you were gluten-full?

Also... your power workout seems AWESOME. Look at ya! Deadlifts! Squats! You're a hero. 

Aw, thanks so much for being so sweet! It's been going ok and I am always much better off gluten -- digestion, energy, everything.

But donuts, why must you taunt me??!!!! There was a BBQ lunch at work today, and one of the offerings was free Honey Cruellers. The only reason I said no was seriously this site. Thank you and I hate you and love you all in one. :)

Also, asleep early enough that the 5:30am wake up worked! (point time!) Even meditated for 10 min by myself (woop!) AND went to yoga (yup, point) before work! Who has ever even heard of that!? Haha... Feeling good.  

~ battle log ~

So, turns out attending a funeral and a wake is a good way to break all your goals: ate gluten, caffeine, didn't workout, and also didn't manage to wake up early. :( 

Day 5, not such a success. But, this is the practice, right? Always easier to stick with something when the going is good. Tomorrow, I try again. One success: I did do 10 minutes of meditation! 

~ battle log ~

Glad you're being gentle with yourself. Log this experience in your mind under "Next time, I'll have encountered this before, and so I'll be ready" or something like that. Proud of you for your meditation. Couldn't have been easy with everything you've had going on. 

Also, keep checking your mailbox. Everybody likes parcels :)

Current Challenge Goals:

1. Workout 3x/week || 2. Eat Primally when at Home || 3. Make the Bed 

Daily Battle Log 

My Accountabilihomies: DISTRICT 12

Food I Make

Hey all! 

Thanks so much for the support and the encouragement! Seems I've been falling behind in a major way with posts, but luckily I'm tracking all my progress the old fashioned way with pen and paper too! So, will update this week's stats. 

Realizations: the variances of summer make this possibly the most challenging time to evoke new habits! That said, while the early mornings are proving to be the very most difficult, gluten-free and meditation and my weekly workouts are solidifying themselves. 

Right now, I kind of wish the world could just slow down a little so I could catch up to everything I feel I am missing! More posts soon. 

~ battle log ~