Herniated a disk and now glitching at restarting point

I just want to thank you ahead of time for any advise you can help me with. I am doing my best to not feel defeated.

March 2015 i slipped a disk that is pinching a nerve that caused issues with my left leg, i have been doing physical therapy and very very low impact work outs that don't seem to be helping at all. I am not sure if the low impact workouts i am doing are messing with me more or not.  i can do squats, half jacks or silly jumping jacks, pushups, and basic stretches just fine.   I have been doing slow walking blurpies but they hurt every time. i want some form of cardio or workout besides walking laps around my job that will give me more of an accomplished feeling since i pretty much feel like i am in a game where i died, there was an error in restarting from my spawn point to where i am stripped to nothing and all the monsters around me are level 50 and nothing i can do to defeat the darn monster that spawns right next to me. i don't mind trying to beat the monster with my fists and die with one hit from the creature, i am just hoping for some FAQ's or pointers in order to get around this hurtle and work on starting over from scratch all over again.

"Speak softy and carry a big stick" - Theodore Roosevelt

My (try to be) Daily Tracker  ~  Goals ~ Paleo/ Primal Recipes ~ Fav Videos ~ Helpful Info ~

Not sure if you're still working around pain but...

I also have a herniated disc.

In addition to PT and the mobility/stretching stuff I do from home (doc's orders), I am staying away from anything with impact (low or not).  For cardio, I bike or swim.  For strength, I only do exercises where my core is supported. This goes against the usual lifting advice, but injuries are unusual so... it is what it is.  Right now I'm on week two of a chest/tris, back/bis, and shoulders/traps routine.  No legs (that's where the bike comes in). Feeling okay.  Not what I want to be doing, but I'm working with what I've got!

I've been pondering hiking (or a stair climber machine) as an additional way to target the legs, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet and see how it feels.

Gryph

Level 1 Recruit

STR: 2.00 - DEX: 0.78 -  STA: 1.00 - CON: 3.15 - WIS: 0.80 - CHA: 0.80

Gryph's First Challenge