At least I didn't have to crash-land in a swamp to get here?

Hi!

I'm an enthusiastic n00b from Miami - right now I do a lot of fitness-related stuff but my workouts are pretty scatterbrained and don't have any real master plan or overall purpose, which is what I'm trying to develop. I'm trying to focus on building muscle/strength - learning how to use the scary barbels and not be intimidated by the huge hulky guys at the gym instead of self-consciously lifting paint cans in my room alone. I also love interval training (TABATAS! Which is absolutely a word that deserves to be SCREAMED, because of the PAIN!) and Jiu Jitsu, which I just started and am truly godawful at but enjoy anyway. Doesn't help that my BJJ class has 10 big hulky guys and me (5'3", female, scrawny, new) so I'm doomed to getting pwned pretty much forever. I also occasionally go to a kettlebell bootcamp class, and I'm always looking for new and exciting ways to make my abs scream in pain.

I work a super demanding job and exercise is pretty much the only thing in my life outside it so sometimes I get a little too into it and have to force myself to take a rest - it's a weakness. I guess it's better than the opposite problem ("I-work-too-much-don't-have-time-for-exercise"-itis), which afflicts most of my coworkers. I'm an enthusiastic whole/unprocessed foods type - the aforementioned coworkers also think I'm nuts because I'm nomming on pork heart and kale while they eat endless Fiber One bars. Whatever bro; haters to the left.

Anyway, I'm rambling but I'm sure you will all be awesome to meet!

Mmmmmmmm pork heart. Well, I don't know about pork heart, but I like moose, caribou, and deer heart. Same thing, right?

Welcome! And it's true, it's much better ending up here this way than crash-landing in a swamp. Because then you'd have then you'd have to rescue your X-wing fighter from the swamp... and that's just too much effort when you're as busy as you are.

Lulu : one that is remarkable or wonderful (it's in the dictionary, it must be true)

Battle LogPinterest | Twitter | Instagram

Because then you'd have then you'd have to rescue your X-wing fighter from the swamp... and that's just too much effort when you're as busy as you are.

Too true. I definitely had the same thought.

Welcome to the Rebellion! I have the same problem with wanting to work out too much...that's all I want to do but I'm so busy with work/school/life that it just can't happen that way.

Hooray for abs screaming in pain!

Level ? Half-Dwarf/Half-Amazon Warrior

STR:21.25 STA:15 DEX: 10.95 CON: 14 WIS:15.5 CHA:17

SWOLE BUCKS: 1

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8