Hello out there,

I'm not really sure if I belong in Nerd Fitness or not but I'm going to give it a shot. 

I don't have any particular passions and my talents are all over the board. I am decent at several things but not great at any of them. I'm pretty sure Ranger is my class. But that's for in the future. I guess I signed up because I do want to get healthier and from what I've seen, everyone here is willing to accept people of all types and levels of nerds. And I am but a baby whisp of a nerd. (or so I've been told by the loudly self proclaimed nerd in the family)

So my story really isn't that exciting to date, 2016 has been a year of challenges but it's made me realize that I want to change from being a 300+ pound bump that just sits on my computer and does nothing but mindlessly waste time. I am better then that. I have recently started a new job that once I'm trained for will keep me semi active with lots of ladders to climb and I'm not in any shape to pull this off. I think I'd love the job and hope they keep me on past my six month contract, so get myself healthy. I am also financially fat and I want to clean this up so I can travel and help out people when they need it and be able to afford to do fun stuff when I learn about it.

The plan for January is baby steps that will lead up to my 2017 goals and beyond. So goals are drink my water, start emergency fund, pay off debt, ten minute work out six out of  ten days, one meal a day that is paleo. :)

I don't know if any of that really told you anything about me but it's where I'm going. As for who I am, I am a 32 year old single female that lives in the great white blisterly northern part of a the great northern country of Canada. (haha, even most of Canada can't fathum how far north I am). I enjoy travelings, taking pictures, food, 80's cartoons and I have a certain skill at photo manipulation(almost exclusively used to make my nieces and nephews look nice together in the same picture)

Anyways, I'll stop rambling about anything and nothing now. If you've made it this far, I'm impressed and it's nice to meet you!

Cheer's!

Kathleen

• Like 2

Hi Kathleen,

I am also a newbie and a little unsure of where I belong.   It sounds like you have a great start on setting goals.  Water is definitely a big goal of mine too. I guzzle diet pop all day.  

It's nice to meet you.  Best of luck on your adventure!

• Like 1

"Sometimes life is like this tunnel.  You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you keep moving, you will come to a better place." - Iroh

19 hours ago, BrinaDawnsinger said:

Hi Kathleen,

I am also a newbie and a little unsure of where I belong.   It sounds like you have a great start on setting goals.  Water is definitely a big goal of mine too. I guzzle diet pop all day.  

It's nice to meet you.  Best of luck on your adventure!

Thanks for the welcome! I also have an issue with pop but I won't drink the diet stuff. If I'm drinking I want the fully leaded stuff. Haha, that and I really don't like the after taste of the artificial sweetener.

On 1/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, kathleensadvenutre said:

I'm not really sure if I belong in Nerd Fitness or not but I'm going to give it a shot. 

Best part about this place is that everyone belongs...welcome!

On 1/11/2017 at 4:52 PM, kathleensadvenutre said:

The plan for January is baby steps that will lead up to my 2017 goals and beyond. So goals are drink my water, start emergency fund, pay off debt, ten minute work out six out of  ten days, one meal a day that is paleo. :)

Sounds like you have a solid start to your January challenges. I suggest taking a look at the challenge threads, there are a lot of people with similar goals that may help give you some ideas on good ways to track those goals and give you a concrete plan to perform your best.

Good Luck!!

Level 12 Ranger - Instagram | MFP

Challenges

2016: First - Second - Third - Fourth - Fifth - Sixth - Seventh

2017: Eighth - Ninth - Tenth - Eleventh - Twelfth

Respawn 2017 - CH1

1 hour ago, ArgSki77 said:

Sounds like you have a solid start to your January challenges. I suggest taking a look at the challenge threads, there are a lot of people with similar goals that may help give you some ideas on good ways to track those goals and give you a concrete plan to perform your best.

Can I join this challenge since it's already started? I was thinking of simply waiting until the next one. 

And thank you for the welcome!

52 minutes ago, kathleensadvenutre said:

Can I join this challenge since it's already started? I was thinking of simply waiting until the next one. 

And thank you for the welcome!

We are only a week in, so you still have most of the challenge. Which means, yes, you can join.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Hi Kathleen !

Your goals look like a good place to start. There are so many videos online for short n sweet workouts to start you on your journey. 

Drinking water is a great one to work on. Some people find filling a favourite take out mug ( ex Starbucks giant cold cup with lid and straw ) or a 1litre bottle and aim to drink 3 per day. Whenever you think of doing anything , take a sip. Before you know it you'll be a pro water drinker ;) 

On 1/13/2017 at 9:16 AM, Hobbitron said:

Hi Kathleen !

Your goals look like a good place to start. There are so many videos online for short n sweet workouts to start you on your journey. 

Drinking water is a great one to work on. Some people find filling a favourite take out mug ( ex Starbucks giant cold cup with lid and straw ) or a 1litre bottle and aim to drink 3 per day. Whenever you think of doing anything , take a sip. Before you know it you'll be a pro water drinker ;) 

I have three or four 1 L Smart Water bottles that I use to keep track of my water content. I break the expensive ones with alarming regularity...... So plastic bottles I can recycle when I break them is the only way to go.

Totally a random question but are you a fellow Canadian?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Kathleen's Adventure said:

I have three or four 1 L Smart Water bottles that I use to keep track of my water content. I break the expensive ones with alarming regularity...... So plastic bottles I can recycle when I break them is the only way to go.

Totally a random question but are you a fellow Canadian?

Smart using regular water bottles ;)

And yes I am a fellow Canadian!

• Like 1