I dunno--I just wanted an excuse to use the word susurration, k? So, susurration season is like... whispers of what actual goals could be. Like a sound quietly stirring in the background that one day could be said out loud, but currently is just a quiet murmur, so as not to scare away any momentum, enthusiasm, or discipline.

After last challenge fell into the depths of hurricane management and aftermath (though let's be real, it went off the rails before that, hurricanes just meant I didn't really have the opportunity to rescue it), I'm still trying to figure out what to do this challenge. Even the extra day of forum down-time, didn't really help me. So, let's wing it.

1. Saunter
    Walking. It's good for you. The weather is getting into super-gorgeous not-sweaty time. Though darkness is increasing,  let's take some walks.

2. Stretch
    Yoga. I'm not old (not really), but I'm not young, either. I feel better when I do some yoga on the regular. 10 minutes makes a huge difference and there are rarely days when I don't have 10 minutes.

3. Support
    As in 'lets grow more muscles to support my body' (Hey, I did say we were winging it, here). The gym is just in the garage (though currently full of displaced stuff from getting my truck into the 3rd bay during Milton) so it's not like it's difficult to get to. There are no rules saying I have to lift for an hour at a time. (See above re 10 minutes)

Um, some kind of tracking or goal would be good.

Numbers are fun. Let's use the numbers above to keep score.

• Walk (at least 10 minutes) 1 point.
  • Yoga (at least 10 minutes) 2 points.
  • Lift (at least 10 minutes) 3 points.

More time (one 30 minute walk, for example) does not get more points, but two walks of at least 10 minutes each in a single day would get two points. Ditto for yoga and lifting

There are 40-ish days left in this challenge, so just for some rough numbers let's see how this works. (*Note: points ranges are entirely arbitrary)

• < 30 points -- What are you even doing?
  • 31-90 points -- Not a slug
  • 91-150 points -- Woo!
  • 150-210 points -- Over-achiever!
  • > 210 points -- Who even are you right now?

What do the points mean? What do I get if I do the thing? Who knows.

Happy Whose Line Is It Anyway GIF

Wow that's a terrible-quality gif.

and they didnt even wanna do it GIF

Maybe better.

Excited Wayne Brady GIF

Okay, sure. We'll go with that.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, sylph said:

I just wanted an excuse to use the word susurration, k?

No excuse is ever needed, you can use it just 'cause you wanted to.

5 hours ago, sylph said:

So, let's wing it.

Winging it with alliteration - I think you mean winning it! (It's late, I'm tired, I apologize.) 

I'll see myself out now, but before I saunter upstairs and stretch out in bed, I am supporting your challenge!

• Like 1

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

Here to cheer and follow!

• Like 1

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore before you decide to be happy” -Nightbirde

“Dreams do not come true all by themselves. They are nourished by the bounty of hard work”  -Unknown Disney Imagineer

2024 Word

Svastha: Standing in One’s Own Power

Current Challenge:

Sepherina Focuses

Prior Challenges

Spoiler

Sepherina:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 , #6 , #7 , #8 , #9#10#11, #12, ,#13#14, #15#16, #17

Avery The Patient:

#1 , #2 , #3 , #4 , #5 

12 hours ago, Artemis Prime said:

No excuse is ever needed, you can use it just 'cause you wanted to.

Winging it with alliteration - I think you mean winning it! (It's late, I'm tired, I apologize.) 

I'll see myself out now, but before I saunter upstairs and stretch out in bed, I am supporting your challenge!

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

It's a great word, that's enough of a reason.

1 hour ago, Sepherina said:

Here to cheer and follow!

Welcome, welcome to... whatever this is.

tumblr_o7t716MCip1qhz95yo1_500.gif

----

Last night I did 10 minutes of yoga before bed.

2 points!

Running total: 2 points.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, sylph said:

halfway through

woooah-oh! Livin' on a prayer!

Sorry, I am conditioned to start singing that song whenever anyway says "halfway." It is invasive but unharmful programming. Drives my sister nuts, though.

"For God did not give us a spirit of fear; but a spirit of power, love, and self-discipline". - 2 Timothy 1:7

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us." -Gandalf

2 minutes ago, Artemis Prime said:

woooah-oh! Livin' on a prayer!

Sorry, I am conditioned to start singing that song whenever anyway says "halfway." It is invasive but unharmful programming. Drives my sister nuts, though.

That's become the running gag Wednesday morning greeting in the group chat at the office.

image.gif.629dba2a7dae16932c7bd7d5b8d8f07e.gif

I also like this one:

image.jpeg.300db2ced04d49817ac8767b44e7bc78.jpeg

TimovieMan: funnier than you think he is; not as funny as he thinks he is...

Active challenges: Don't log, remain sensible | Walk to Mordor - (spreadsheet) | DailyDare | Weight Loss PVP 10/12 lbs in 10/12 weeks - (spreadsheet)

Old threads: Battle log | Challenge I | IIIIIIV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | XI | XII | XIII | XIV | XV | XVI | XVII | XVIII | XIX | XX | XXI | XXII | XXIII