Forums are back in action! ×

Hello to everyone in the Rebellion! Newbie Intro

Hi everyone! I stumbled upon this site by chance when I saw a fitblr (a fitness tumblr) talk about this site and the "Angry Birds Workout." I had never heard about this workout or this site before so I followed the link to here and read a few of the articles. After that I knew this was the place for me and that this will help me.

You see, I want to get healthier and loose weight. Before I left for college, I was heavy but at a comfortable weight and I did some light exercises like walking and jumping jacks to keep it that way. When I got to college, that all changed. My courseloads from this year left me unable to workout like I used to and I gained a weight because of it. I had decided that when I came home for summer break, I would try to get back to how I was before or even become better than that and go back to college as a new person with a new healthier lifestyle.

I read up on the paleo diet too and I want to try it because I think it would help. But it would be hard for me to give up on dairy products since I love them.

My ultimate goal is to be able to run in and finish a 5k marathon. That would be a huge accomplishment for me since I was always that person that handed water to the runners but never participated.

So anyway, I hope I have a lot of fun here and I hope I can give some encouragement to others here and receive some in return.

Welcome, setobox! Pesky academics :) They tend to make it rather difficult to have a life. I'm also hoping summer will let me reset and start school in a better place. If you want to do a 5k, you can totally do it! Especially having a specific goal like that, it'll help you focus on something rather than just aimlessly working. Best of luck!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Hello from a fellow college... goer? Haha. I totally know what you mean about getting swamped with schoolwork/extra stuff. If you haven't already, make sure to check out the C25k program. I'm currently using it myself [and have in the past] you'll be shocked at how much you can accomplish in 9 weeks =]

Kevin

Half-Satyr Adventurer, Level 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 3 | DEX 3 | STA 6 | CON 4.5 | WIS 6 | CHA 5

about me. | twitter. | dailymile.| fitocracy.

Challenge: 1. 2.

Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum!

I don't think I could ever be full Paleo, because of all the foods I'd have to give up. I figure if I can do a couple Paleo meals a week, then that is better than where I started. Eventually, that could build into something bigger, right? Hope you join in on the next challenge and good luck!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Going full Paleo at first seemed simple but the fast adaptation can easily backfire. That's what happening to me right now; I'm fighting it with all my life because the cravings are huge! Small steps can prevent this and you should feel comfortable with the new diet. But it certainly works! So good luck and hang on, you can do it!

- You only live once... so kick ass while you can

Welcome, from what you wrote, your level 1 goals are soooo doable, stick with it and us fellow rebels will help on the tough days. Personally, I prefer primal over paleo. With primal you can still have dairy (and let's face it, mums would not produce milk if it was not good). My wife struggled with weight for years, even so called healthy eating and a lot of training did not help. Nerd fitness and primal gave us both results we did not expect. YOU CAN DO IT :D

GO ON PIGS!!

:pig:

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 1 CHA - 3

Archived