Forums are back in action! ×

New to NF and glad to be here!

Hello all,

My name is Dave, Im from a small town in Ohio and I am getting back into my old fitness mindset. I turn 30 at the end of this month and decided it was time to start taking my health a lot more seriously. As a younger man I was into martial arts, hiking, running, SCA battles, and generally pretty fit and energetic. Then a couple years back I went through a divorce, lost my job, and lost myself for a while. I gained quite a bit of weight and have been making excuses for far too long about getting back into shape.

My goals for the next few months are as follows:

-Lose at least 30 lbs

-Learn some basic Parkour

-Get back into martial arts training

-Live life again!!

I have always been a very thin and active guy and the way I look now makes it hard for me to enjoy my life. I refuse to live like this anymore!

My plan is to start slowly by taking on the Angry Bird workout and doing a lot of small exercises in my cube at my new job :P

Im glad to be among others like myself here and I am very glad that I found this site!

~Proxximo

Power is not defined by striking hard or often, but striking true!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dragonkin Assassin

STR: 3 | DEX: 7 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 4

Thanks for the welcomes! On day three now of my new fitness plan and I am soooo sore! I didnt realize just how out of shape I was! Does anyone have any good ideas for sore joints? (especially ankles!)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Dragonkin Assassin

STR: 3 | DEX: 7 | STA: 5 | CON: 2 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 4

Thanks for the welcomes! On day three now of my new fitness plan and I am soooo sore! I didnt realize just how out of shape I was! Does anyone have any good ideas for sore joints? (especially ankles!)

Ice for 20 minutes and stretch or roll it out throughout the day, especially before and after workouts. The soreness will pass after your first couple weaks. Your joints just need to get use to the workout.

Oh, and welcome to the rebellion!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Archived