Forums are back in action! ×

That weird new guy on the block.....

That would be me. And my name is Ronin. Ok, so my name isn't REALLY Ronin, but it would be awesome. My name is Kyle, and I figured I should formally introduce myself in the Recruitment Hall, since that's where I'm SUPPOSED to start....but somehow I missed that memo...:cool-new:. It's a pleasure to meet y'all!!

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

STR: 8   STA: 10

AGI: 10   WIS: 5

CON: 7   CHA: 4

We must DARE to be GREAT;

and we must realize that GREATNESS is

the FRUIT of TOIL and SACRIFICE and HIGH COURAGE

Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

pff your name looks like Ronin to me. Names are what you make them. Welcome to the forum =D

While this is very true, I'm more concerned with WHAT I am, rather than WHO I am. As long as I stay true to my core values, I really don't care what I'm called. But for now, I'll stick with being known as Ronin, the wandering....Ninja? I guess that's what you'd call a Monk-Assassin? Or perhaps a Shadowfist...that does have a nice ring to it...(by the way, what the heck is an ocelot?!?)

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

.......I completely forgot what an ocelot was......man I feel dumb. And I wouldn't know anything about having short legs, as I am blessed with a rather proportional set of limbs. Which make my already substantially wide frame (especially for being 5'10") look even WIDER. That's why I went with half-dwarf. I'm not too terribly short, though not quite "average" height (which is around 6'1", at least where I come from), but I'm far to wide to be a your standard human.

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

Ronin, are you by any chance familiar with http://www.trickstutorials.com/ <-that web site?

I noticed on your blog the tricks you want to learn. I have wanted to learn them for years now, but never did (though I've started recently on back tucks with my friends).

You've already got someone who wants to see your progress now. Go jacknife; I'll be right there.

Half-Elf Monk

STR 4.5|DEX 5|STA 4.5|CON 7|WIS 7|CHA 2

My Current Challenge

"A serious and good tricking sampler could be compiled consisting entirely of crashes... and hair banging"

- Jujimufu from trickstutorials.com

Actually, I am not familiar with that site. It's pretty dang cool, though. I'm pleased to meet another nerd who's familiar with tricking. My jackknife is coming along great, but it's not where I want it. Ultimately, I want to be able to break a board with all three kicks (in TKD, we do a jackknife with three kicks, a spinning twist kick, straight into a round kick, followed by a spinning hook kick, all in the air). I can land a full jackknife, but it's pretty sloppy. I'll post a video when I have it clean!!

LEVEL III ASSASSIN-MONK

Archived