Forums are back in action! ×

New here- My story

Hi guys,

Im Mari,

Im originally from Brazil but Ive been in the SF Bay Area for the past 6 years. Since moving to the US I started packing pounds, I hit rockbottom last year when I gained 30lbs in 6 months (emotional eater and a boyfriend that loves nachos and philly cheesesteak).

I finally decided to change after seeing some pictures of myself at a friend's graduation last May. The picture was shocking since I couldnt recognize myself, and thought the person standing next to my friend was someone else.

I just finished the first day of the beginners body weight workout, but I had to stop at the beginning of the third circuit since I got nauseous (Is that normal?). Im also starting the Paleo diet, Im going to try to go full Paleo, and leave one day per week for cheating until I get used to the diet.

Hope to meet you all

:smug:

Boas-Vindas.

You'll find alot of supportive people around here for whatever your fitness goals are.

Its tough to say what might have made you nauseous. It could have been the workout itself or maybe the change in height (rapid up and down) messing with your equilibrium. SV would say give it another try after a rest day.

MMA Sessions Completed for this Challenge

65%
65%

Lifting Sessions Complete For this Challenge

64%
64%

Level 2 Yeti Monk Str: 3 Dex:2 Sta:4 Con:3 Wis:2 Cha:2 

SuperVillain's full origin story: http://goo.gl/23F7WK

Welcome! When I started the beginners body weight circuit, I thought I was going to either be sick or pass out. Just don't give up! You will definitely see results from the workout.

Gnome Adventurer

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

STR 2/DEX 1/STA 2/CON 4/WIS 4/CHA 2

What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Welcome aboard! I've had one time doing the BBWW when I felt a bit sick, too. I wonder if it's the jumping jacks in particular messing with an ordinarily static body that can't figure out what you're doing to it. Granted, I could be totally wrong, but that's what it felt like to me :) Best of luck to you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Getting a little nausea from an intense workout is normal. Just go stand over a trash can until your clear. If it keeps occuring for more than a week, then you may have an equilibrium/vertigo issue. I'm not a doctor, but I'd recommend consulting one.

And be careful drinking cold water! It'll upset your stomach. Drink room temperture water during intense workouts.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Archived