Forums are back in action! ×

Just wanted to say hey

Hey,

My name is Chris, I found this website about a week ago and ive been hooked!! I am currently working in Law Enforcement, but not the kind where Im out there chasing the bad guys..more like sending people to the bad guys lol. After working in dispatch for 2 years and being on night shift that whole time, I found it very easy to let myself eat crappy food and I didnt go to the gym anymore. But the past 3 months I have been hitting the gym here at work pretty hard after shift. I have decided to go into the Army and I want to make sure I will be in the best shape I can be in! I also have found a new hobby that I love, I am now going to a MMA gym and studying BJJ and Muay Thai. It has been a great confidence boost and great cardio! Im excited to be here and cant wait to get down to my short term goal weight of 170 currently at 178 (started at 185 last week!!!). I eventually want to see 165-160lbs but starting off slow with some realistic goals first.

Hey hey, CC7242! Welcome to the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you might need from Advice to Motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! I was a Dispatcher for a year when I was at School, it was interesting seeing all of the random things that one doesn't see during the day. That's excellent joining the Army as well as taking on Martial Arts! You're a shoe-in for the Monks Guild, check them out to help find out how you can partake in the community, We also have a couple of Soldiers in our midst as well! See you around!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Welcome! That's awesome, wanting to join the Army! I think it's cool that you're getting into martial arts, as well. As far as weight loss goes, I agree that slow and steady wins the race, I had to use short term goals or I got super discouraged. You seem to have a way that works for you, so just stay at it :) Best of luck to you!

One day, your heart will stop beating, and none of your fears will matter.  What will matter is how you lived.

-Henri Junttila

My current challenge

Glad to meet you and welcome to the forum!

Good to see progress towards your weight loss goals so early, but remember that it will slowly roll off in the later months as you replace fat with muscle.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Archived