Forums are back in action! ×

Let's start.

Not tomorrow, the day after, one day but now. Well actually, that's what I said to myself 3 weeks ago after spending a few hour reading all the messages on the blog (instead of working, bad me >_>)

I'm a 34 year old female, computer programmer, living in France. I'm a video game nerd, I've been playing for 30 years now (yeah, I started young ^^) but more interested by oldies than new games (GoG is my weakness).

I'm not overweight nor underweight, but still unsatisfied with my body. Why? Because it's not healthy, sitting in front of a computer more than 10 hours a day, not enough walk (barely 5000 step a day) and well, I'm not getting any younger either! All that put together, my body is definitely not ready for a future zombie outbreak and even before that, I have some annoying health troubles (back problems because of an hyper-lordosis, anxiety crisis, sleep paralysis) and I don't feel like relying on medicine to cure all that, not if I can do something about it.

My kryptonite:

I actually have 2 of them:

• Procrastination: there is a vortex in the seat in front of my computer, when I sit on it I can't do anything else than *clic* and some F5 from times to times. Damn, sometimes I procrastinate so much that I don't even play video games!
  • Monomaniac: I have some extra-nerd moments where I do only one thing. It can be anything: setting up a fish tank, trying to learn a new language, improving a recipe in my kitchen but it fades away quickly and I don't look back at it.

Because of that, I feel like I can't change by myself. I'm afraid my procrastination will win over the "tonight is sport" and that wanting to be fit will just pass as one of my monomaniac tendency.

My power:

I know how to cook and I even love to cook, after reading there and here, I decided to go primal and frankly it was not difficult to do, even my Bf follow the diet (well as long as I prepare some home made fresh pasta on Sunday, it's his treat). I never drink soda (water and unsweetened tea all the way), I like vegetables over fruits and the only processed food we were still buying even before were yoghurt and biscuits. Why primal over Paleo, well... you know how French and cheese are :ambivalence:

My goals:

After lurking for 3 weeks here, I think I have a little idea of what I want to be. First: train like an assassin, I can't stand being as weak as I am now, and I want to be more flexible too. I've been making the beginner bodyweight training twice a week + at least a 15km walk on the week end. Of course, I managed to hurt myself in the process (jumping jacks are not for me apparently) but I can proudly cross my first goal: touching my toes! (before I could just reach my knee :hopelessness:)

First month goal:

Touch my toes: done!

Second month goal:

5 real push ups

Medium term goal:

15 push ups

Long term goal

30/35 push ups

Doing some rock climbing (I'm sure zombies can't do that, not with most of their limbs missing)

I will need some inspiration to add some more goals I'm afraid. I also have yet to buy a pull up bar, maybe this week end. Anyway, After that I'm thinking of bi-classing Assassin/warrior. (not very original, I know) but that will wait a few level in the assassin class. 5 or 7 maybe. The other difficulty will be to find a sport club with free weight around my place.

I'm not sure what I can add but hello everyone (it would have been too logical to say that in the first sentence huh), nice to meet you all.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Welcome

As a Warrior Assassin myself I would first like to congratulate you on putting together a nice solid plan. Things that I would look at are expanding your mid and long term goals slightly wider than just push ups as you gain confidence and strength this will come. Convict Conditioning is worth checking out as it gives you 10 levels for each bodyweight excercise and how to progress through them. Kryptonite 2 challenged

Get to you local indoor climbing centre NOW, Climbers are a sociable lot especially when it comes to Bouldering. You dont need any equipment or instruction for Bouldering, and you start at your own level of ability with the puzzles set before you. Very quickly your strength and mobility as well as stamina will increase so get going on this as soon as and stop Procrastinating, you can make your mid and long term goals about the grades of climb. Kryptonite 2 slapped.

Good luck to you

GO ON PIGS!!

:pig:

STR - 4 DEX - 3 STA - 2 CON - 2 WIS - 1 CHA - 3

I was about to answer that the indoor climbing center was not open yet but, I just noticed there is another one just 1.5km of my apartment! I will check it out tomorrow, my boss wouldn't let me leave right now, some weird stories about work to do.

Thanks for the impulsion :)

I sure will! But I think it will only be checking tomorrow, I don't have any sportswear, I also need to check my account since it's quite expensive, the schedule looks ok though, it closes at 11pm on week day.

So, I went to check how the climbing centre was. It's nice, brand new (it opened one month ago, no wonder I didn't knew it was here) with a lot of different blocks and even a tunnel (yeah I soooo can see myself climbing like spiderman) and there is not much people there yet (brand new, remember)

On the bad side, it's way too expensive and their free weight room is really small.

So, after a lot of budgeting, I think I will subscribe to another fitness centre, very close to my place that opened last Monday (apparently the whole world wants me to do some sport and open stuff for me to use!) their price is really cheap because they are still in their opening sales (next week will be 150€ more), they open at 6 in the morning (I will have time to train 30-40 minutes and cook breakfast before going to work!) and which have a lot of free weight (and men with huge muscles.. eek) and buy only 10 days pass for the climbing centre, if I go there once a week and if I buy my own climbing shoes, if I consider the weeks where I won't be able to do it (holidays, family...) I should be able to make that fit in my budget.

Going to try it with my BF on Sunday morning. He want to give it a try too. I wanted to go there before, but couldn't make it :/

Went to the centre this morning! I'm so awfully bad at it :D We played on the yellow path (rank 3-4) and I have to admit that I utterly failed all the roads. Either because my arms couldn't bear with me or, when I could do it to the top... I had vertigo and had even troubles to go down.

My BF was way better than me, and he loved it (he was not interested at all before of course :P) so now our hands hurts like hell. I feel like I won't be able to use my arms tomorrow but (vertigo excepted) we really had fun. So we will surely do it again. I will have to buy some shoes, I know they are supposed to be really fit but the ones that I was wearing really hurt way too much my big toe. Even one size above mine. I suppose the shape of this model is not good for my foot.

So now my goal are: vanquish vertigo and strengthen my arms and hands!

Archived