Forums are back in action! ×

What did/are you do/doing this weekend?

MegaCarp

We got our last child moved out today! He's been mostly gone for the last few years (he's 24), but always had his stuff here, and always knew that he could come home anytime (okay, they all can. That's what parents are for, right?)... but now, he's packed up all his stuff, and moved!

We also did our weekly shopping, and then celebrated the Summer Solstice with our [pagan] friends, just a few days early. :)

Now, I'm debating raising the option of having an all-night LOTR blu-ray fest...

I'm right there with you on the figuring out a new 'gym' routine. At the moment I do night classes x3 times a week, husband looks after the kids while I get my workout in. In early August he's leaving for work for 12 weeks- so no nighttime outings for me! I'm a little worried about adjusting to a new routine...

I dont know what I'm going to do :(

I met two thirds of my girlfriend's mother's family for a bbq / pool party, and think I made a 'quiet, socially awkward' ass of myself. They're ALL loud and outspoken, and I am anything but. I wish I fit in with normal people better.

Today I slept late, wished my father a happy father's day, and ate Friday's leftover chicken salad for breakfast. I plan to do some reading, some cleaning, some shopping, and then something crafty. But I'll probably only get as far as the cleaning, then get frustrated, and waste the rest of the day.

I had to work for most of the weekend (*grumblegrumblegrumble*), but today I finally got some time to take a nice long ride...went up to Central Mass and did the bike trail between the Franklin and Douglas State Forests - absolutely gorgeous. About a 40 mile ride total.

...now, I think I've earned some Skyrim...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

LEVEL 1 HUMAN SCOUT

| STR: 2 | DEX: 2 | STA: 4 | CON: 3 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 1 |

I went for a walk with my boyfriend. 8km (5 miles) on Saturday then we (well, mostly I but he had no choice but to follow) went in cleaning frenzy and we ended up sorting all the suff stored in storeroom (it's almost empty now), installing there the pull-up bar we just bought and then buying a curtain to replace its door for aesthetic and practical reasons. We were kinda proud of all the work done ^^ Now I just need to re-do the decoration in our entrance and I'm not good at decorating.

On Sunday, voting (it was election time here), then going for a walk again because it was sunny and would have been a pity not to enjoy it. A little 12km (7.5 miles) stroll. Back home, I went on my usual violin training/ net browsing/ video game playing. I'm almost done with Zelda Ocarina of time, just 2 more gold skulltulla to find and the last jar to get.

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Took my girlfriend to Canterbury in the South East of England.

Stayed in a nice little B&B short walk from the town center. Great architecture, small shops, cathedral, boat trip down the canal/river, walked in the parks along the river etc.

Went out for a stunning meal in the evening at 'Deesons' - I had rabbit loin and confit rabbit leg to start followed by saddle of Saltmarsh Lamb with lamb hot pot, lambs belly, rosemary mash and celeriac puree. Did treat myself to treacle tart with honeycomb ice-cream for dessert ;-) Then strolled over to the theater to go see 'Legally Blonde - the musical' which was...slightly random but fairly fun.

Got back in time on Sunday to cook my dad a couple of courses for Fathers day. Quite simple: nice rib-eye, sweet potatoes, onions in peppercorn sauce and strips of pork crackling.

GoToTheGround"The two most powerful warriors are patience and time" - Leo TolstoyTwitter | My 130lb weight-loss journey in photos & words 

On Saturday, I was still at my professional training course, so the day was spent analyzing corporations' finances and getting back home in time to see my boy to sleep.

Sunday we went for a short bicycle ride (~5 miles) in the morning and to the park/kiddie pool in the afternoon.

Next weekend we'll have the in-laws over.

::zielperson::

Brewing my own beer. Just watching it boil down at this point..

Cool, what kind did you brew? I am waiting on my second batch. I bottled it last weekend, so I have another week or so before I can try it. My first was and English Brown Ale, which came out pretty tasty. My second batch is a London porter, and based on the sample should be pretty good.

Do you use extracts or are you all grain?

I know it's technically Monday, but it's my "Saturday" today. I just went for a morning run. I am going to clean up the house, go to the gym, do some laundry and see my dad today, since I was working yesterday. Tomorrow I would really like to go kayaking down Sugar Creek, but I might just hike in Turkey Run state park instead if I can't get anyone to go with me.

GoToTheGround, your weekend sounds perfect!

Friday, hit up the pool with girlfriends, and that night cooked and cleaned for a his-and hers wedding shower Saturday for friends of ours. How I managed to squeeze in a Zumba session, I don't know. About 35-40 people in our house. Definitely glad that's over. Sunday, hungover and slept in, then pool and elliptical and cleaned house...then husband and I had a mini shrimp and crab boil. Yum.

just keep on trucking...

So this week I have an earlier weekend than usual (It starts tomorrow - Thursday). So this weekend hopefully is epic. Thursday I'm hoping to go talk about getting pre-approved for a home loan, getting a few WODs in, going into Boston, and do a bit of geo-caching, then come back and start to get to know a new lady friend. Friday, I need to get my arm fixed, and probably get some painting done that I didn't do last weekend, and try to buy a sleeping bag for an upcoming trip. After that, is a baseball game with earlier said new lady friend. I'm also spinning my mind around about getting some personal training from my box. Saturday is another morning WOD and I need to clean out my car, and I don't know after that. I might need some ideas. Sunday is going to be all about checking out a new church, doing a bible study, and watching baseball, MacGuyver, and completing another dungeon or two from LoZ. Oddly I forgot how therapeutic that is.

Well this weekend I'm going to boil some bone broth, I'm going rock climbing as well, hoping to have some time to practice handstands, gotta do an hour of meditation for my challenge. Hoping to play some Skyrim and learn how to make my best friend a dopamine necklace out of silver because she's awesome and makes me happy.

They/them please

This weekend's plan includes beginning training for a Spartan race, bouldering, fine-tuning a pattern for a pixie-styled rain hat, taking my puppy for a run, and bedazzling my megaphone. I should also put away my laundry, but that's no fun to talk about.

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

This weekend's plan includes beginning training for a Spartan race, bouldering, fine-tuning a pattern for a pixie-styled rain hat, taking my puppy for a run, and bedazzling my megaphone. I should also put away my laundry, but that's no fun to talk about.

Sweet!

My weekend plans include the GRE. And some heavy lifting after the GRE

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Last sunday was Quad Biking on Fuertaventura. Now I'm back in the UK and if all goes to plan this weekend there will be some running and gym involved as well as catching up with an old friend and of course England Vs Italy in the Euro quarter finals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Twitter Blog

Attributes:

Strength (STR): 3

Dexterity (DEX): 1

Stamina (STA): 4

Constitution (CON): 2

Wisdom (WIS): 3

Charisma (CHA): 2

The GRE is no fun. But supposedly it's a better updated version of the one I took in 2006.

Hah! That was the last time I took it as well. Stupid expiring scores. Apparently they took out the antonyms/synonyms portion which was terrible. And I can use a basic calculator for the math section which will help speed things along.

"Pull the bar like you're ripping the head off a god-damned lion" - Donny Shankle

Sweet!

My weekend plans include the GRE. And some heavy lifting after the GRE

I need to get to the point where the lifting is my reward for a job well done. I haven't that much self-control yet * laugh*

And yeh - my megaphone is gonna be SWEET. Flames! IN RHINESTONES. *dies*

the power of [geekhood] compels me:

"Oh, I'm gonna hit you so hard, your children will be born bruised!" -- Tank Girl

"Do you know what the definition of a hero is? Someone who gets other people killed. You can look it up later." -- Zoe Washburn

"No, people are particularly stupid today. I can't talk to anymore of them." -- Michel Gerard

"A vague disclaimer is nobody's friend. Have fun!" -- Willow Rosenberg

Hah! That was the last time I took it as well. Stupid expiring scores. Apparently they took out the antonyms/synonyms portion which was terrible. And I can use a basic calculator for the math section which will help speed things along.

Yeah, mine expired December.

Funny story: I was an A average English major, so I didn't study for the verbal section. I took the 2 lowest, remedial math classes in college to fulfill my math requirement-so I crash studied for a day before the GRE test. Go figure that my GRE math score was over 100 points higher than my verbal. WTH.

Pooh. I have no desire to go back to grad school now, wish I had back in 2006 when I had the motivation. I had heard that you can use the calculator for this one, that's good to know. I hated the writing section-3 essays, and only one was graded, and you didn't know which was going to be graded.

just keep on trucking...

And yeh - my megaphone is gonna be SWEET. Flames! IN RHINESTONES. *dies*

Pic or it didn't happen :D

Yeah, mine expired December.

Funny story: I was an A average English major, so I didn't study for the verbal section. I took the 2 lowest, remedial math classes in college to fulfill my math requirement-so I crash studied for a day before the GRE test. Go figure that my GRE math score was over 100 points higher than my verbal. WTH.

Pooh. I have no desire to go back to grad school now, wish I had back in 2006 when I had the motivation. I had heard that you can use the calculator for this one, that's good to know. I hated the writing section-3 essays, and only one was graded, and you didn't know which was going to be graded.

I love the essay sections! I've discovered a talent I have. On all essays, no matter what the starting topic, can be related to how standardized tests stifle the creative mind ensuring the downfall of innovation and the rise of mediocrity in higher education. Basically I am criticizing the job of whoever grades my test. Yeah, I'm mean.

Archived