Forums are back in action! ×

NF rookie....

I was sitting at work one day, feeling lethargic, had no motivation, and just felt blah. So, I typed "workouts you can do at home" into the fancy Google search box, and found a link to a site that was called nerdfitness.com. As my wife professes I'm a nerd, and I was looking for fitness, I figured it would be a good fit! After spending about an hour or so browsing through and reading the articles, I couldn't wait to get home and start the basic body weight work out. Whew. It kicked my butt...I've been sitting behind a desk way to long! I've been doing the workout every other day and while I'm not at the full 3 cycles yet (the lunges are killing me!) I feel much much better! I've also greatly reduced the amount of sugar and carbs i eat, and while I haven't seen a difference on the scale, I feel like my clothes fit me a little bit better already!

I've also been trying to learn how to skate well enough to play hockey, and after 2 workouts went to the ice and noticed a big difference, my legs and balance felt much better. The only drawback was they were still tired from the lunges from a few days before...but I expect that I'll get better with those as I go along!

I enjoy reading the blogs and seeing all the good information on this site, I'm proud to be a Nerd Fitness Rookie!

Dragon Rider (in training)

Adventure Class

STR-6.75/DEX-2/STA-5/CON-5/WIS-3/CHA-4.2

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

Andy Warhol

More will sometimes be demanded of you than is reasonable. Bear it meekly, and exhaust your time and strength in performing your duties, rather than vindicating your rights.

~ Horace Mann

Great...so there are tougher lunges out there? Lol. I have a ways to go before I try that, though I am trying to do more difficult squats. For whatever reason, I'm doing okay with those and the push ups.

Dragon Rider (in training)

Adventure Class

STR-6.75/DEX-2/STA-5/CON-5/WIS-3/CHA-4.2

They always say time changes things, but you actually have to change them yourself.

Andy Warhol

More will sometimes be demanded of you than is reasonable. Bear it meekly, and exhaust your time and strength in performing your duties, rather than vindicating your rights.

~ Horace Mann

Archived