Forums are back in action! ×

Step One (Again, aargh!)

Hi all!

Not sure how I stumbled across this site but I am so thrilled. I've done other sites but I really like to real-world feel to this one. I have always had a weight issue and am tired of it. At my all time high, I weighed 316. I managed to get down to 230 but have since gone back to 270. This has to stop and I am the only one who can do it. I know that. But I also know I need support and I think (especially after reading all the rules) that this is the place.

My goals for the month of August include starting the Paleo approach to eating. I'm not sure how I can give up my afternoon iced coffee but I will try. I also will start working out in some form everyday for at least 20 minutes. I have already scheduled the time on my calendar.

Just a little personal info, I am not a game player but I love nothing more than good books and movies. I live in a household with a science teacher and two geeky girls. Right now, our main goal is to hit Dragon-Con in September! I'd love to have ten pounds dropped by then.:love-struck:

Phoenixk26

Level 1: Shapeshifting Adventurer

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHA:1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.†-Walt Disney

I love dairy. Love, love LOVE it, and especially in my coffee. One thing that I've discovered that's absolutely glorious now that I'm eating abotu 90% Paleo? Almond milk. Try it in your coffee - it's much less abrasive than soy milk :) Coffee is questionably paleo, but maybe weaning yourself off of it and adding better things to it will be a good alternative if you feel like cold turkey isn't your style.

Welcome and good luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Wannabe Aiel Ranger

Level 2 - Second Challenge in Progress

.: STR: 3 .:. DEX: 3.5 .:. STA: 7 .:. CON: 2.75 .:. WIS: 4.5 .:. CHA: 6 :.

.:Donate to my Down and Dirty Run :.

τὸ χρεὼν ἐπήρτηται· ἕως ζῇς, ἕως ἔξεστιν, ἀγαθὸς γενοῦ.

Death hangs over thee: whilst yet thou livest, whilst thou mayest, be good.

"Hey, at least you are going out there pooping on elevated surfaces and giving your best! That's what matters right?" - Elefevers the Wise

Welcome! I know how you feel! I've done the same thing with losing then gaining some back and am working on going down again. I am very slowly trying to switch to paleo. I just do less grains than before and try to add more veggies. I need to take baby steps to succeed. You are at a great place to do great things!

Thanks for the encouragement. I started yesterday on Paleo. By the end of the day, I thought my head was going to explode! I ended up going to bed early and slept for almost twelve hours. I had no idea I had been drinking so much caffeine. Today has been much better. One thing I forgot to add, I weighed myself yesterday and won't do it again until September 1.

Phoenixk26

Level 1: Shapeshifting Adventurer

STR:3 DEX:2 STA:2 CON:5 WIS:2 CHA:1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

“It’s kind of fun to do the impossible.†-Walt Disney

Archived