Forums are back in action! ×

Hello my fellow nerds

What's up my peeps? Did I just say that? If my 14yr old step daughter would of heard me say that, she would be rolling her eyes right now. Anyway's after years and years of promising my self I would start getting in shape, I took this point in time in my life to start. Why? Who know's, and who cares I'm just glad I'm starting. Well truth to be known I started about a week ago but just got the courage to come on here and post.

I found NF by accident. I was looking over some of the top blogs on the web and out of nowhere I saw this, looked it over and fell in love. The first work out I saw was the Angry Bird one. I thought what the heck, it looks easy enough (my ass it is, ugh). So I tried it. I had so much fun trying to out do my past reps I kept on going. Then I thought to myself, well If I'm doing this I might as well start looking in eating healthy. So, I'm doing that as well. Cut back on cold drinks (Only drinking water now). Then in just a couple of days of doing this I started to feel great. Now I'm adding walking to my exercise schedule.

So, I'm glad to say that in about a weeks time I lost Nine pounds.

This week, I'm looking at better diets and hope to loose more in the future. All though I'm trying to look at this as a life style change and not a diet. I figured if I do that I might have a higher success rate then If I said I was on a diet. You know, mind games and all.

A little about me. I'm 36yrs old, way over weight and shape(Working on it). Happily married family man. Love working out (so far so good), watching football/soccer. I'm a huge Chelsea fan. My goal is to one day join a local soccer team to better my fitness.

Well hope you all have great success in whatever your doing. If you want to feel free to say hello. I'm from Texas so we love a friendly howdy. LOL. Be good ya'll.

Welcome to the rebellion! Congrats on the weight loss! Those first few pounds are easy, sticking with it for the long haul is the hard part. You made a good call joining the forum. With support and accountability, sticking with it is a bit easier. See you around and good luck achieving your goals!

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Hey Cboat, congratulations on your initial successes! Keep it up!

I am also a newbie, husband, father, in my 30's. I know how tough it can be to balance all these responsibilities and stay active, healthy, and fit. Looking forward to sharing successes with you! Welcome to the Rebellion.

Porkins

Human Adventurer, Star Pilot, and Bacon Aficionado-(Lvl 3)
STR 4.5 | DEX 1.5 | STA 6.5 | CON 9 | WIS 1.75 | CHA 5.75

"Try not. Do or do not. There is no try" ~Yoda/ Veritas vos liberabit

1, 2, Current Challenge

Archived