Forums are back in action! ×

here i go again!

I've tried many times to get in shape, lose weight, be healthy, and I always fall short. I know what I need to do, but I get lazy after 3 or 4 weeks. A couple of months ago I managed to go from 172 lbs to 164 lbs and I currently weigh 169 lbs. I’m a 5.1, 32 year old female.

Reading a few articles in this site have helped me realize that I will miss 100% of the shots I don’t take and that nothing will be handed to me. It also made me realize that my problem is being lazy. I know I don’t have a medical problem, I don’t lie, and I’m a bit informed about nutrition and fitness. I know my body is capable of being fit. I used to play soccer in high school. NOTE: I hate long distance running! I played defense and didn’t have to run all 90 minutes.

So I’m going to get back in the wagon and give it a try!

My reason for getting fit: ME

That's great, and don't worry about the running thing, as you'll see if you poke around on Steve's blog or in the forums, a lot of us aren't big fans. There are plenty of ways to be healthy that don't involve running. Good luck.

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

Archived