Forums are back in action! ×

Hi. Hi. Hi. Hi. I'm X-ray Cat

sorry to disappoint, but i'm actually not X-ray Cat.

Hello there,

First all, let me apologise for any mistakes in my posts: i'm french, and have never lived outside France so my english is not perfect. But i'm working on it :)

That said, I'm glad to post this. Today is a great day: after months of reading Steve's great articles, I finally decided to refister to the forum and officially join the rebellion.

Here is a little bit of info about me and my nerd side:

- I moved to Paris when I was 21. Until then, I spent most of my free time at home, in my room, playing video games.

- I've played Max Payne and Max Payne 2 countless of times.

- I've learned football (well what U.S. people call football ;)) while playing Madden 2K5 for two years non stop.

- I've been struggling to finish The Lost Vikings for two straight years with a friend, unsuccessfully.

- I spent full days playing Tony Hawk's video games.

- And a lot of other great games that ticked a bit less with me...

Now, I spend a lot of times watching TV Shows (Mad Men, Californication, Breaking bad, The League...) and movies.

So being in front of a screen is still a major hobby of mine, but since moving to Paris I have a new one: sports!

I've been learning savate (french form of kickboxing) for 4 years now, and going to my 5th year. I'm going to register to bjj class too.

I sign up for a 10k race that takes place next month. Last year, I did a 16k obstacle race (Tough mudder style of race, if you know it): it was a lot of fun and I recommend you do something like that in the future, it's really great.

Now, my goals are all related to savate. After 4 years, I've had only disappointement in competition. This year must change as I want to obtain my "yellow gloves" that are the equivalent of a black belt, as well as my first wins in competition.

So I plan on working on flexibility, my strength, and my speed, in this specific order. It will require a lot of focus, but I'm motivated.

So that's me. Can't wait to talk with all of you, fellow rebels.

Long live the rebellion!

sorry to disappoint, but i'm actually not X-ray Cat.

Hello there,

First all, let me apologise for any mistakes in my posts: i'm french, and have never lived outside France so my english is not perfect. But i'm working on it :)

Welcome Fogg, we are almost neighbours as I leave in Versailles (moved from Rome 5 years ago)!

Don't worry about your English, it's absolutely fine (while my French is still cringe-worthy..)

- I've been struggling to finish The Lost Vikings for two straight years with a friend, unsuccessfully.

Funny, I've been planning to start playing it and haven't yet :D

I sign up for a 10k race that takes place next month. Last year, I did a 16k obstacle race (Tough mudder style of race, if you know it): it was a lot of fun and I recommend you do something like that in the future, it's really great.

I had never heard about savate (though I can't say I am a fitness/sports expert :P). Which race will you be running? My boyfriend and some of my friends will be running the Paris-Versailles at the end of the month. Are you running the same one?

So I plan on working on flexibility, my strength, and my speed, in this specific order. It will require a lot of focus, but I'm motivated.

So that's me. Can't wait to talk with all of you, fellow rebels.

Long live the rebellion!

Pretty much the same goals as me, even though I still need to pick the order :)

Welcome again, this is a great place :)

Hi!

@Sinusoettes:

The race I'm doing is the "10k de Paris", October 7th. I though about doing the Paris-Versailles, but I guess i'll do it next year.

Let me know if you ever finish The Lost Vikings. :)

@Nuala:

I guees we'll have to join the "légion étrangère" of the Nerd Fitness Rebellion.

Thank you for your welcoming messages.

Gosh, I would bail out! The légion étrangère song is awful >_<

Speaking of The lost vikings, the GBA one? I finished it a few years ago, don't remind much of it but I remember that I almost raged-quit a few times :D

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Gosh, I would bail out! The légion étrangère song is awful >_<

Speaking of The lost vikings, the GBA one? I finished it a few years ago, don't remind much of it but I remember that I almost raged-quit a few times :D

I played to the Super Nintendo one actually... I think we did three quarters of the game, and then it started to be too much pressure and frustration so we quit trying... but I'm still proud of how far I went :)

Hi!

@Sinusoettes:

The race I'm doing is the "10k de Paris", October 7th. I though about doing the Paris-Versailles, but I guess i'll do it next year.

Let me know if you ever finish The Lost Vikings. :)

I have heard about that race from a colleague, nto sure if she will be participating :). I have just started the C25K program and I really suck at running ><

@Nuala: I am not French for now, but I like living here, if that counts for anything :D

Archived