Forums are back in action! ×

Rebel from a faraway land .. called Finland!

Hello everyone!

I've been reading the blog posts on Nerd Fitness for a couple of months and finally decided it's time to get started with the community too. I'm hoping to find people that have the same mindset when it comes to nutrition, sports, and life altogether :)

I'm trying to keep this nice and short. I'm 22 years old, live in the capital of Finland, Helsinki, and currently study cultural geography in the University of Helsinki. I work at a gym, still just as a receptionist but soon I'm also going to be an instructor for dance and aerobic. I've been dancing for 6 years now and perform all over Finland.

I started going to the gym regularly about a year ago, but I started being serious about it about the same time that I started reading NF blog. I also changed my diet radically - after being a vegan for 8 years, I decided that paleo sounds waaaay smarter and it's something that is good for me. I still don't eat red meat tho, can't bring myself to that.

And why am I here? I tried to find inspiration to get myself back on track when it comes to exercise and diet, and then I found Nerd Fitness. It's not just about what some random person does in their life but it's something that you can relate to and truly inspirational. For example, when I'm feeling down I just read the post "Get the **** Over It!" and instantly know what to do to solve the problem.

What else .. Well, I'm hoping to get stronger and stronger. Appearance is an important thing but I wan't my strength to be something that is useful in everyday life. And obv Staci's story is inspirational, that's what I want too! :)

If you want to know more about me, feel free to ask .. But, here I am!

Ps. Anyone else from Finland ?!

Päivää! Tervetuloa Nerdfitnessissä!

Finland is not that far from France at least, close enough for me to visit every two years. You seems to be already on the right track, so I can only say welcome again and also have fun here :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Terve!

I just was to finland in february doing the whole Karhunkierros togehter with a friend. But i'm almost as far away as Nuala..

Last weekend i watched 'Jade Sutori', well a dubbed version (Although i want to learn finnish it was not that much of a priority so far :().. i liked it but i felt like it was a bit too open ended..

But you got a really really beautiful country there:

IMG_7390.jpgIMG_7399.jpgIMG_7357.jpgIMG_6804.jpg

Level 2   Human   Ranger

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------STR 7.7  CON 4.8  Battle Log  We are Rangers.DEX 2.0  WIS 2.9               We walk in the dark places no others will enter.STA 4.9  CHA 3.3               We stand on the bridge, and no one may pass.

En voi puhua suomea! (?)

Welcome! And Sweden is close enough, isn't it?

Ash nazg durbatulûk

Îα είσαι καλÏτεÏος άνθÏωπος από τον πατέÏα σου

â–²STR 7 | DEX 11 | STA 6 | CON 6 | WIS 9 | CHA 5â–²

I'm surprised to find people who are interested in Finland! This is a beautiful country, can't deny that but the winters are just too harsh.. I'm more into summer sports but it gets cold so soon. :(

Sweden is very close, nice to know that there's rebels there too if not in Finland :)

Archived