Forums are back in action! ×

What's going on guys?

Been checking out the site for the last month or so. Finally decided to join yesterday. I'm 6'0 and used to be 135 pounds. I got tired of just being so skinny and weak and decided to start getting bigger. I started doing some work in late July. I'm up to 147 pounds now.

My routine has been:

'A' Day:

Pull-ups/Hammer Grip-ups/Chin-ups: 8/11/12 (I increase at least one rep in one of the categories every 'A' day, getting really tough lately)

Overhead Barbell Press: 3 x 6

Arnold Press: 3 x 6

Off Day

'B' Day:

Squats: 3 x 8

Deadlifts: 3 x 6

Decline Pushups

Off Day

After doing some research, I found doing the main compound exercises and eating a lot were the best way to start putting on some mass. I hope I enjoy my stay here. Any recommendations to add/change to my routine?

Welcome. Do I detect a Redskins fan or does your name just happen to be a co-incidence to the rookie QB RG3?

Also, great job so far. I'm in the same boat, I was 6'0 and 139 in late May, now I'm about 147-148. (My tip is not to obsess over the scale, just eat well and eat a surplus. Whenever I obsess over my weight gain I end up losing on progress).

What are your starting/current stats? And it sounds like you're a warrior!

P.S. Just how much are you eating? 12 pounds in 2 months is scary dude, I hope you understand that only a small portion of that weight is muscle gain.

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Huge Redskins fan. We all have all our hope in RG3. Thank you for the high fives thundra.

Thanks Razor, I'm not sure what you mean by stats? You mean how much I lift for the exercises?

and regarding your P.S. I am pretty much eating anything I can get my hands on. Healthy or not for now.

He's no cam newton, but it appears Washington got the best rookie QB available judging by all the week 1 performances (don't get too confident, new orleans is a crappy defense anyways).

Yes! I meant what your stats were when you started out, and what they are now :)

As far as eating everything you can get your hands on, are you making sure to get protein macros?

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Griffin, good job planning out a routine and sticking with it. You are inspirational. I'm still trying to figure out how to add the right kind of weight -- rather, I know how, I need to figure out how to get myself to do what it takes and do everything else I need to do as well.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Archived