I have my new routine that I'm trying to stick to which is:

Monday: beginner circuit

Tuesday: Soccer training

Wednesday: beginner circuit

Thursday: Soccer training

Friday: Beginner circuit/break

Saturday: Soccer game day

Sunday: break day/ cardio or weights

Just wondering, just say Thursday, I have the day off, is it ok to run, skip, sit ups or what ever, mainly cardio just say around lunch time when Soccer is in the Afternoon? Or will I be over exhausted for soccer?

I am 101kg (222lb) 5'5

Race: Hobbit

Class: Warrior

Level: 3

STR: 12 DEX: 3 STA: 4 CON: 4 WIS: 3 CHA: 4

Check out my first challenge! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38158-lawrences-super-adventure/

I have my new routine that I'm trying to stick to which is:

Monday: beginner circuit

Tuesday: Soccer training

Wednesday: beginner circuit

Thursday: Soccer training

Friday: Beginner circuit/break

Saturday: Soccer game day

Sunday: break day/ cardio or weights

Just wondering, just say Thursday, I have the day off, is it ok to run, skip, sit ups or what ever, mainly cardio just say around lunch time when Soccer is in the Afternoon? Or will I be over exhausted for soccer?

I am 101kg (222lb) 5'5

so many variables here that it's hard to really comment.

what's your goal?

what's your current level of activity? how tired does soccer leave you now?

I'm no longer an active member here. Please keep in touch:
“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

My goal is to loose 50lb with minimal muscle loss.

During soccer training is late so I get home have dinner, sit on the computer then sleep.

Leaves me fairly tired, but I'm generally good the next day.

During training I will run then get tired take a break and keep going, depending on the drills we do, but I normally just try and push myself so at the end of the session I'm sweating and can't sprint much.

Just say I did some slow jogging how long would it take to recover so I was good for soccer, should I do a 30 min jog at lunch time then eat lunch and rest till soccer?

Check out my first challenge! http://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/38158-lawrences-super-adventure/

"Moderation in all things" is a quote to live by. Overtraining happens all too often to people working non stop without adequate rest. I remember when I was 18 I would play pickup basketball every day and I did that for nearly twelve months straight. Soon after that I ended up with patellar tendonitis in both knees that stuck around for the next three years despite spending a fortune on everything from physiotherapists and chiropractors.

Listen to your body, it's good to work hard but if working hard now means you are sidelined for three months later, well it's simply not worth it.

Eat well, stretch and pay attention to your body, that's the best advice I can give you (that I wish someone had given me as a teenager).

"No-one tells a T-Rex when to go to sleep".

- Jim Wendler

My goal is to loose 50lb with minimal muscle loss.

During soccer training is late so I get home have dinner, sit on the computer then sleep.

Leaves me fairly tired, but I'm generally good the next day.

During training I will run then get tired take a break and keep going, depending on the drills we do, but I normally just try and push myself so at the end of the session I'm sweating and can't sprint much.

Just say I did some slow jogging how long would it take to recover so I was good for soccer, should I do a 30 min jog at lunch time then eat lunch and rest till soccer?

so are you currently doing that routine without the extra run?

if thats the case, try adding it in.

see how your body reacts.

you wont get "overtraining" from that.

if youre not doing anything at all now and looking to do that schedule, ease into it and slowly add more and more until your body can handle it.

if you don't enjoy running though, and youre adding it in to aid weight loss, i wouldnt bother and focus on your diet instead.

the activity you listed is more than enough to, with a clean diet, lose the 50lbs you would like to lose. adding in 30min running there really wont help. just lose the calories you would burn (maybe 300?) by eating less.

if you want to add in running because you think its awesome and its an activity you really enjoy, then go for it.

“There's only one rule that I know of, babies—God damn it, you've got to be kind.”

I don't mind running in summer on a warm day, or sometimes if I got some new music I will blast it and go on the treadmill.

Currently I'm pumped about my goals and have motivation to loose weight and stuff, and sitting on my ass in front of the computer on a day off seems counter productive to my goals.

I prefer to eat just say 300-500 extra calories per day and burn it off with cardio because it helps me maintain my hunger levels.

To be clear, there IS such a thing as doing too much cardio. it's hard to say if you are doing too much, but if you pay attention to your body, you'll know. If you are having trouble sleeping and waking up, if you are sore and lethargic all the time, if your energy levels are low .... you're probably overtraining. Dial it way back at that point and see how it goes. One thing you can do to help yourself keep out of the overtraining cycle is cut down on caffeine and other stimulants (if you're taking in a lot) and lower it down to 1-2 servings. Avoiding alcohol will also help there because it will result in better quality sleep. Some melatonin might not go awry.

Level 3 Human Ranger
STR: 9 DEX: 5.25 STA: 14.5 CON: 5.5 WIS: 16 CHA: 5.5 
My Current Challenge

To be clear, there IS such a thing as doing too much cardio. it's hard to say if you are doing too much, but if you pay attention to your body, you'll know. If you are having trouble sleeping and waking up, if you are sore and lethargic all the time, if your energy levels are low .... you're probably overtraining. Dial it way back at that point and see how it goes. One thing you can do to help yourself keep out of the overtraining cycle is cut down on caffeine and other stimulants (if you're taking in a lot) and lower it down to 1-2 servings. Avoiding alcohol will also help there because it will result in better quality sleep. Some melatonin might not go awry.

This is good advice. I would love to run more than I do, but my body has limits. Rest is as important as workouts for good training.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

I don't mind running in summer on a warm day, or sometimes if I got some new music I will blast it and go on the treadmill.

Currently I'm pumped about my goals and have motivation to loose weight and stuff, and sitting on my ass in front of the computer on a day off seems counter productive to my goals.

I prefer to eat just say 300-500 extra calories per day and burn it off with cardio because it helps me maintain my hunger levels.

just remember you cant outrun your fork.

If you're 5'5" and 222lbs the biggest thing I would recommend is restricting your calories from what you currently eat. That will make the biggest impact. Also the amount of training you're doing is a lot for a beginner. You probably wouldn't overtrain as that's actually really hard to do, however you could very easily burn out and give up.

"I like you just the way you are" - Mr. Rogers

In Br0din's name we gain.

just remember you cant outrun your fork.

I can if I set it on the ground. I don't have a super fork you know :P

On a serious note: I will reiterate what everyone else has said and tell you that your body will let you know when you are doing to much with being tired/restless that sort of thing. I will say that with what spezzy is saying that if you are eating 300-500 good calories and burning it off running then that is not as bad as if you were eat 300-500 bad calories. Also on a related but completely different note are you recording what you eat?

Reach your limits and then surpass them.

Blindasutsutsu
My Current Challenge:
Class: Ranger
Race: Human
STR:13.5 DEX:8.5 STA: 10.5 CON:6 WIS:5 CHA:6.5

As a beginner all I added was the circuit 2 - 3 times a week. my body is full of energy the next day. sometimes I findvit hard to sleep after soccer but I think it's because I get home late and eat later but if I go to bed an hour later than usual I sleep fine means I only get 7 and a bit hours sleep but I feel good this morning. I have been recording what I eat. its in my journal I'll link when I'm on my pc. my diet isn't the best the reason why I would rather burn 300-500 doing cardio is because I'm slowly changing my diet to reduce calories it's the hardest thing for me to do. whereas exercise is easy for me and I enjoy it. I even signed up to play soccer for my company so I am playing a few matches after soccer season ends. when I did start soccer I felt the effects from what you described above I was sore and low in energy, but now I feel fine and match training is less running than pre season fitness training.

Link:

http://www.nerdfitness.com/community/showthread.php?17435-Lawrence-s-Exercise-and-Diet-Diary

Archived