Forums are back in action! ×

Hi from New Zealand

Hi Everyone!

I've spent the last week or two reading back through NF articles and been really enjoying it so decided to join in the community too!

So a little about myself, I'm a 5"9 girl who has grown up as a tomboy I'm 23 and with university and now full time work I've put on a lot of weight since high school and it time for that to change! My ultimate goal weight is 70-75kgs which is about 25kgs away from me currently. That being sai not to worried about my weight as long as I'm happy with how I look (hopefully toned!).

I'm exercising 3 times a week at the moment and have just started cutting myself off from fizzy drinks small changes but hopefully they'll all add up. Next thing to tackle is growing the list of healthy recipes I can make, currently eating a lot of stir frys.

In my spare time I help out a local scout group which I used to be a part of as a kid and I love giving back, I love tramping...or I guess most people would call it hiking and getting away from the city for a while, and of course on a rainy day there's nothing I enjoy more than kicking back with a good book or an episode of firefly or a round of halo.

Any help or advise anyone ever wants to offer is greatly appreciated, :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

Welcome! I think we have a lot in common....I'm the same height and started off a similar weight, also a tomboy (although I can occasionally bust out the "pretty girl" every now and then, for special occasions ;) ). Gosh, grad school and the ensuing job stress really packed on the weight for me! But, school is in the past now and the job situation has settled down some. I also volunteer with scouts...Girl Scouts, mostly doing camping events. And, yay Firefly! Always happy to find another Firefly fan. :)

So, welcome! Glad to have you here. It sounds like you've already started making some awesome changes for yourself, so props on that! :) Have you thought of what guild you'll be in yet?

Wait, people still play Halo? I locked that game into my memories long ago, so that they may never be tarnished by hacking and declining playerbase.

As for advice, in terms of weight loss, what you put into your body is by far the most important. AWESOME on the soda cuts (very difficult for a lot of people). In terms of healthy recipes, what type of dishes do you prefer to cook/ have easily available ingredients?

Neutral Good-High Elf Warrior

What we move is far less important than what moves us.

Razor's Three-Fortnight Challenge

Good job cutting out the sodas -- if I cut out sugary stuff like this it would make a big difference I am sure.

Tramping (hiking) in the mountains is my number 1 pleasure (that I can do by myself). Long, slow movement is a great fat-burner -- you just have to remember that you can't outrun your fork (since how you eat is 80% of the answer to changing your body).

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Wow, thanks everyone for the welcome! :)

Sambie I know exactly what you mean about busting out the pretty girl look every now and then haha. I'm not sure about what guild yet, I'm leaning toward Ranger at the moment I enjoy a range of activities and there's so many I want to try.

With regards to food anything that can be prepared easily I guess throwing chicken in a pan adding vegies and chucking on rice is nice and simple so its my go to, but we also have meat(pork or beef steaks) veggies and potato. I'm not really limited by whats available can get pretty much any meats for a decent price and fruit/veggies I either go for what's in season and frozen veggies as a back up.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ranger

STR: 3 | DEX: 2 | CON: 3 | STA: 3 | WIS: 2 | CHA: 2

Archived