Forums are back in action! ×

A tentative hello

Just a quick line to say hello.

Thundra introduced me to this site and I am quite excited about all the nerds!! I am writing this with Thundra next to me, slightly drunk and she keeps making strange suggestions.

However Thundra's suggestions aside basically I am a huge geek, I love all things sci fi and fantasy and have traditionally always hated all things "sporty". It has taken until adulthood for the realisation to come that not everything that is sporty is awful and that rogaining, hiking, kayaking and dancing are all heaps of fun. Even later in coming was the realisation that even team sports are fun if you actually participate!

I am overweight but usually not particularly unhappy with my body however I would definitely like to be fitter. My main problem is motivation. Over the last 5 years or so I have been aware of my weight and periodically tried to halt the gradual increase with little success. At the start of this year everything suddenly clicked into place and exercise and eating right was easy... and then I broke my foot (irish dancing without shoes in a tent).

So motivation starts here!!

Fairweaver

Level 1 Hobbit Scout

STR: 1 | DEX: 1 | STA: 2 | CON: 4 | WIS: 4 | CHA: 3

In light of your bio, surely you must know (going out on a limb here- if the reference doesn't click with you I just look like a big goober), what does Marcellus Wallace look like?

Welcome to the forum, and just stay with it. Have a feeling Thundra would miss you if you're not in good enough shape to keep your brains from getting munched in the zombie apocalypse.

Welcome to the community. Good luck on achieving your goals. Post if you have any questions or issues.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Also, I would like to mention, I wrote her bio when she wasn't looking.

So then, she's not tired of the snakes on the plane? Guessing my earlier goober prediction applies, too.

Archived