Forums are back in action! ×

Here to update, motivate, facillitate, dominate :GB_bonesrock:

Vlala_sil

Ok so I am starting a thread where I can post what nerdy inspiration (or laughs I find), my progress/plans, advice that is worth sharing and also to remind everyone to kick ass!

So, two days ago I started my workout regimen/diet again. I ran with my best friend for about two miles which amazingly didn't take as long as I expected. This is a good start and I am going to stick with it. I have been cutting out many of the grains I used to eat, but cereal is still my weakness. I have been trying to make it more wholesome by cutting fruit up into, but hopefully I will phase it out. If not that is no big issue, because I plan to always run and swim and do just about anything else I can to stay active. I even went for a walk with my dog yesterday and came home to do my new nightly regimen (discussed below), which I vowed to myself to keep no matter how I feel. I am actually about to go on a run, I am making this while my lunch and pre-work out tea digest/absorb and I will be off. Once I am back it will be time to play Pathfinder :P so I have to get this energy out before I am sitting around a table trying to defeat the two owlbears we left off at last week, so exciting :3.

As I keep working on eating better, I have been doing stretches and yoga for about 20 minutes at night after I do sit-ups, push ups, and squats (I throw other things in there as I go but those are the staples I continue to push myself with) I have been purposely taking the time to do these activities which is hard to motivate myself to do. I spend a large part of my time studying and doing homework (which I usually can't keep my eyes open after I do that) but I have been telling myself that needs to end. If I want to do well during this last year, I HAVE to take care of me; mind, body, soul must all be sound while I try to get through stressful times.

I continue to go to church to help me deal with obstacles, as well as make sure I'm still having fun, which I cannot stress enough, it is so IMPORTANT to just have fun and stress less. Anyway, I ramble too much, but this is the blog/forum, whatever you want to call it, where I am here not just to keep track of my progress, but to also bring something to the table, as they say.

halolz-dot-com-donkeykong-hardwork.jpg

Just don't give up when things look difficult, because we all know you will get it eventually :) Good luck to all of you in your endeavors <3

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vlala_sil, level 1 Scout (aspirations of a Druid and Assassin)

STR 3|DEX 3|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 3|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

Went for a great run yesterday. Went to a hill about a mile away and sprinted up and jogged down until it was about time for table top. Such a rewarding workout, and now I have been spending all day stretching (and trying to work my upper body as my legs recoup.) I have to admit the late game night we had was a great time, we defeated the owl bears and later encountered a black dragon, which we were able to take down after a lot of failed attack rolls. Despite the late night fun, having to get up at five for work made for a need for caffeine. :P

halolz-dot-com-pokemon-koffing-coffee-comic.gif

We all know when we just need a little xD

Anyway, I just had to make a quick post before I turned early tonight. My body deserves a proper sleep before the week kicks into high gear. Even though coffee and tea is a life saver on those nights where sleep evaded you, getting the deep, REM sleep our mind and body needs. Best wishes to all of you ^-^v

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Sounds like you're working hard, there! Push ups, sit ups, and squats are really good movements to do if you're doing bodyweight work on your own. And it sounds like Pathfinder is an awesome game... might have to give that a shot.

Also, love the pictures that you're throwing in! These are fun.

Keep us up to date! You getting in on any challenges any time soon?

They are some of my favorite things to do. A good way to work the whole body when you feel strapped for time, and I feel I get results faster doing those. Pathfinder is loads of fun, it is essentially D&D with a few rules variations. I'm playing a monk that relies on his wisdom and dexterity to defeat opponents :P. I highly recommend it.

They make the day a little brighter, and I figured I could tickle everyone's nerd bone with some of these picture I have found xD.

I haven't yet, I just looked after reading this post and well in all honesty, I say I'm a scout/assassin, but I also enjoy yoga and I'm a blackbelt in taekwondo (wanting to start either karate or jujutsu this summer), so I could also be a monk and a druid. I think I will stick with the two I have now and level up in them so I can be like a true reincarnate haha, but I think I am just overwhelmed with all the exciting possibilities. Anyway, the current 6 week challenge is nearly over, so while I do my own thing to train, the current can finish and the new one begin. That time will also allow me a chance to figure out how do do my stats (so I can add up my stat bonuses during challenges) All a learning process, I might have to improvise...halolz-dot-com-zeldaocarinaoftime-wordbubble.jpg xD

I will do my best to keep on posting on here, especially with good graphics for a laugh :3 (or even encouragement/inspiration)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Pathfinder is a great D&D update. I play that when I have a group that is good with rules and wants lots of choices. Otherwise I use Castles and Cdusades, wbich is a lot more stripped down.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Sorry it's been so long since I have posted. We had two tests and clinical over the last three days, so my focus has been elsewhere. Needless to say I passed the tests and did well in clinical, so I made it through a busy week without breaking my healthier habits. Also, I have still been running this week, three times, each time trying to incorporate sprints increasing in distance and speed. Also stretching with yoga each night after my routine strength building exercises. Message to take away from here connects perfectly with the recent article on the NF main page about Mario Kart,

halolz-dot-com-tetris-hell.png

Even when the odds are stacked against you, don't give up, keep trying, you can make it!

Also, we have had a whole bunch of meat stocked up in the freezer, so I looked up some Paleo friendly recipes that I am making from scratch: Thit Bo Xao Dau (Vietnamese stri-fry), Beef Fajita Salad, and Pork & Apples. Today I made the stir-fry and instead of rice, I cut the heads off of cauliflower, crumbed it, then steamed it. Once you put the stir-fry on the "rice", it soaks up the juices and flavor like actual rice and had great texture. Also very satisfying ^-^. I will let you all know how the others turn out as we go, I'm looking forward to trying them out.

halolz-dot-com-teamfortress2-cookingmama-sandvichmama.jpg

If anyone wants to try these recipes out just let me know and I'd be glad to post them! :)

To Erick, I've never played those other games, I assume they are similar to Pathfinder and D&D in some respects? The group I started playing in has been playing table top for a long time with others coming and going. They actually went to GenCon this year to play society. I am going next year for sure; I wish i would have joined them sooner so, I would have been able to go xD. Anyway, they are a really good group to game with. We are usually pretty good about staying on task, but sometimes we get caught up in sides games we make up :P. Do you have a preferred character? I know a lot of them have their good and bad points, as do all things, but I enjoy just trying out the different races and classes. You take care and I wish you the best fortune with your endeavors ^-^v

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

I just know that image mirrored how I had felt over the last couple weeks with the projects, tests and clinical.

no, not Med school, although I did think about it. I chose nursing instead, and this is actually my last year before I can get my license; super psyched.

Haha are you referring to Heavy punching out your blood?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

You'll appreciate this then haha

TF2_Heavy_by_JayAxer.jpg

He is a BAMF, the Russian Chuck Norris with heavy artillery xD

UPDATE: Made the beef fajita salad for lunch Friday afternoon and attempted the pork and apples today with some broccoli ^-^. Both turned out great. I am actually going to make the salad again this week; probably with a little more spice xD. I added rosemary to the pork today and I must say it really complemented the sweet/tangy apples I used (Gala :3). I felt great eating these meals too (my boyfriend agrees) not bloated and full, but rather satiated and ready to tackle anything. I have much more energy and motivation, but I am sure a lot of that is psychological. I have gone for a run three times this weekend as well as my daily strength training and yoga stretches. My biggest goals over the next month and a half are being able to jog and sprint the entire trail without a single walk break, and increasing my reps during my daily routine (+2 STA, +1 DEX, +1 STR), cutting out more grains and dairy along with making more homemade healthy meals (+1 CON +1WIS), and getting better at dealing with stress from school/clinical and work, specifically the social stress. I also want to practice better therapeutic communication for my future nursing practice (+1 WIS, +2 CHA)

I wish everyone the best of luck with their challenges this time around, I know you all can do it :)

^-^v

I-Work-out1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

So far this week I have done pretty well. Granted, I haven't had much time to get on here to update or anything, but in all honesty, I think me making home cooked meals, doing homework, working, family time and exercise trump sitting in front of my computer any time. that being said, I may make this a weekly blog, more than likely posting on Mondays, since I never have class on that day (which is so nice) I ran a few times this week as always. I went with Samy yesterday and we sprinted along a pond and I had never run so fast. I didn't realize just how fast I had become, even Samy was keeping up decently well, but I have been trying to push her to sprint at least once during a run. Really the best thing to do when sprinting is to set a goal, one you know you can reach if you push yourself, but it isn't impossible. If you reach your distance goal, you can slow down to catch your breath, but there is nothing wrong with setting another goal to challenge yourself with.

I honestly find challenging yourself to a test of strength or speed (or whatever you choose) is very healthy. It teaches you to self-motivate and reflect on your own abilities for yourself, rather than doing it for someone else. I made that mistake a few years ago when a guy was telling me I needed to try harder to lose weight, so I was trying for him rather than for myself, and that proved to be a bad choice. He wanted me to workout harder and lose weight, so HE would find me attractive. You cannot depend on the approval of others as a way of feeling successful. Be your own Mr. Miyagi, push yourself, reward yourself, praise yourself. There is nothing wrong with having outside support, trust me I love having my friends, family and NF community to be there for me, but I don't depend on them. Anyway, moral of the story, just be proud of you, don't base it off of the pride of others.

Speaking of challenging yourself, I have spent the last week attempting difficult yoga poses. One of my favorites is the head stand. I have progressed from not being able to hold the butterfly position at all (image on right) to being able to make full extension of my legs and now am starting to attempt different contortions as a way to strengthen a large number of muscle groups.

How-Do-Headstand-Variations.jpg

If you want to be able to do some of the challenging head stands and arm balances in yoga, an awesome beginner position is the crow. It is a basic position with a wide and low center of gravity (because you are in a ball). In this one, the patella comes into direct contact with the triceps muscles, this can prove challenging for some, so if you modify it so your elbows rest in the crease of the knee (behind the knee where calf and thigh meet), it can build up strength so you can attempt the progressively harder positions. Just don't forget to challenge yourself. kbudigarmbalance.jpg

The crow positions get pretty hard (one-legged crow, side crow and so on).

My other developing challenge is the firefly position

firefly.jpg

I'll have to let you all know how that goes, so far I can only hold it for about five seconds xD, but that will not be the case for long. :3

Funny-Yoga-Cats-6.jpg

If kitteh can do it, so can you :P

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

[/TABLE]

Archived