Forums are back in action! ×

Ready to go!

I stumbled upon the site a few weeks ago and I find myself being drawn back. The simplicity of it as well as having a theme that many of us can relate to makes this a place I want to be and excel in. A few weeks ago, I started a personal challenge to lose 100 pounds in 365 days. I publicly posted the challenge on my facebook page to help keep me motivated as my friends can see for themselves if I am sticking to my plan or if I am slacking off. Several have offered to help me get a new wardrobe as I meet small goals along the way. One such example was lose an dress shirt size and he will buy me a new dress shirt. Lose 50% of the weight and my wife will let me buy some wishlist stuff. Things like that helps me stay on track.

I have attempted, tried, failed and epic failed many times in my quest. Too much conflicting information. When I stop and actually look at who is giving me advice, I see that some of them are in worse shape then I am. They may be smart and they may be right, but when they don't look as they speak, they lose their credibility. It was then that I realize that losing weight is not a quest item to complete. It is a lifestyle filled with adventures for those bold enough to live life.

The weight goal is huge, but the rewards are epic!!

[TABLE=width: 500, align: left]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Mattman, level 1 Demigod Adventurer

STR 2|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 5|WIS 4|CHA 1

[/TABLE]

100 Pounds in 365 days? That's an awesome goal! Worthy of the Rebellion! Here we can help you with anything you might need from Advice to Motivation, just don't hesitate to ask! What are your plans of getting there exactly? Look through the articles to find out exactly how you plan to do this, and then join the guild that best represents your methods. If you can't decide then perhaps you'd be an Adventurer.

Another thing is that the 6-Week Challenge is coming up, you could sign up for that to allow you to *ahem* Challenge yourself in obtaining particular fitness and life goals that'll help you reach your ultimate goals!

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Glad you have such a big goal you are trying to tackle, my advice would be to break it up into easy to measure chunks and keep a log, progress is easy to see if you record it! The 6 week challenges are also great ways to work towards smaller goals on your way to succeeding at the huge weightloss you desire. Welcome to the Rebellion!

arcticMaiden the Unshakeable

Arctic Adventurer - Level 3
Epic Quest || Travel Blog || Challenge 1 || Challenge 2 || Current Challenge

STR: 8 / DEX: 7 / STA: 9 / CON: 9 / WIS: 6 / CHA: 6

Welcome! I agree that breaking a big goal into bite-size pieces us important. For me it has been critical, since if I fail at a goal I get frustrate, so focusing on small goals (weekly or monthly) lets me have more opportunities for a reset.

Current Challenge: (Feb-Mar 21) Step by Step

My Epic Quest Character Sheet  *** Old Challenges and Links hidden below

Spoiler

My Old Battle Log

(2012) 1st (Scout) 2nd (Scout) *** (2013) 3rd (Warrior) 4th (Warrior) 5th (Warrior) 6th (Assassin) ***

(2014) 7th (Ranger) 8th (Scout) 9th (Monk) 10th (Scout) *** (2015) 11th (Ranger) 12th (Ranger) 13th (Ranger) 14th (Ranger) 15th (Scout) 16th (Scout) *** (2016) 17th (Ranger) 18th (Scout) 19th (Scout) 20th (Rebel)

(2021) 21st (Adventurer)

Past groups: The Wild Hunt 6 *** The Serenity Crew *** The Wild Hunt 5 *** The Wild Hunt 4 *** The Wild Hunt 3 *** The Wild Hunt 2 *** The Wild Hunt 1 *** Browncoats

Achievements: (20 Sep 2014) Completed first half marathon *** (17 Feb 2014) Finished mission to bring body fat from over 25% to under 12% over six months (trying to repeat that now)

Archived