Forums are back in action! ×

Challenge accepted!

Hello Everyone,

About me:

• My name is Jason and I'm 26.
  • 5'8" 145lbs ~12% BF
  • I live in the unbearably hot state of Arizona.
  • I spend my days playing with Excel formulas so I don't actually have to do any work.
  • Graduated from ASU with a BS in Accountancy (I know, it's a sexy degree.)
  • I'm a gear head and I've been restoring a 67 Mustang over the last 12.5 years (It's a never ending project.)

My fitness history is a little spotty.

The first time I stepped foot in a gym was when I was 20. I messed around like a n00b on the circuit machines and then would play racket ball with my dad. I was probably pushing 125lbs soaking wet. That only lasted a few months.

When I was 22 (2008) I started hiking a lot and eating more which raised me up to MAYBE 130. After about a year of that I hit a hard emotional time in my life and dropped a lot of weight because eating was just too much work. I sought professional help and started working out hoping to boost my mental state into a more normal level. I attacked P90X with intense fury.

I worked out every day, got the six pack, was starting to feel better. and then BAM! I laid down my Harley on the free way and got up close and personal with the asphalt while my bike took out the rear axle of a SUV. Well since I couldn't even hold a pencil after that my workout came to a screeching halt. After I finally stopped bleeding everywhere and could move my hands I had lost motivation.

In April of 2011 I found out about the Warrior Dash the day it was happening. It looked interesting so a few months later I registered for a California one in October so that I would be motivated to workout. I really pushed myself and started running for the first time in years. Around August I found out about the Tough Mudder happening January 2012. I registered for it and picked up my pace in running. I finished the Warrior Dash and had a blast. I was more excited for the Tough Mudder since it seemed like more of a challenge. I completed the Tough Mudder in 2 hours in 30 minutes, and was in the top 5% of finishers that day. I was invited to attend the World's Toughest Mudder but decided not to attend as much as I want to.

After the Tough Mudder I stopped working out and let myself go. A couple months ago I registered for the SoCal Super Spartan in January 2013. I jumped back into working out and have been lurking /r/fittit constantly. I've been trying to bulk up and raise my weight, which is incredibly hard for me. I average around 135 when not training and 145 when I am working out and eating about 2200-2500 calories.

My goal is to have more definition in my upper body, mainly my arms and to weigh about 155lbs with around 8-10% BF. I know what I need to do to achieve this but I've always stopped short and inhibited myself because I eat like a bird so I can't pack on the weight, and I hate going to the gym so I can't effectively workout the larger muscle groups or do the workout plan I really want to do. I plan to change this very soon.

When I stumbled onto this site last night I thought about how great an idea it is, especially the challenges. I have a few challenges in mind about how to reach my goals.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Welcome! Make sure to hit up Loren and Snake McClain, both are in AZ and both are stand up guys!

Awesome on the Tough Mudder and WD. I look forward to training for them when I hit stateside in Nov.

Envious about the Mustang. When I get back and have a job I am picking up either a 13 Boss 302 or 2008 GT500KR. I want to get an older Mustang for my dad and I to restore! Pics of your resto please!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Level 2 Elven Ranger

STR - 7.2 Dex - 2 Sta - 7 Con - 4 Wis - 3 CHA - 4

"Do or Do Not. There is no try."

"Why do we fall sir? So we might learn to pick ourselves up ."

Round 2 - Faster, Stronger, Leaner and more Pious?

Lefeux's Ranger Conquest

Workout Log

I have a 71 Monte Carlo and a 91 Camaro I'd like you to work on... Unfortunately, I live on the othe side of the US and can only afford to pay you in old and wrinkly Spider Man comics.

If you work on your body as hard as you work on a car, then there is no question that you'll meet your goals.

Journey to You: Coaching, Mentoring, and Personal Growth

World 6 Level 5 | Epic Quest | Toastmasters: Where Leaders are Made | Institute for Jedi Realist Studies | Extra Life 2023 | YouTube Channel | Epic Nerd Camp

"No.  Try not.  Do... or do not.  There is no try." -- Yoda | "We are what we repeatedly do."  -- Aristotle

Spoiler

Distinguished Toastmaster Agnostic Rationalist Jedi Dwarf Black Belt Martial Artist Monk Ranger Assassin Engineer Scientist Philosopher Student Nerd
World 6 Level 4 Stats: STR 150.0 | DEX 160.75 | STA 151.0 | CON 152.0 | WIS 158.0 | CHA 150.0

World 1 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22World 2 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10]  

World 3 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12World 4 Level [1, 2 (post lost), 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11]

World 5 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 5] World 6 Level [1, 2, 3, 4, 4.5]

“If you are willing to be terrible at something for a short period of time, you can be great at anything.” -- Sinbad (Stand-Up Comedian)

Archived