Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

Also when she says you are forgiven for making her self conscious about her weight because you brought home ice cream... you should not point out the logical problem with that.  When will I stop making true but unhelpful statements.

• Like 1

"For us, there is no spring. Just the wind that smells fresh before the storm."

Just remember that Scooty Puff jr sucks!

Also when she says you are forgiven for making her self conscious about her weight because you brought home ice cream... you should not point out the logical problem with that.  When will I stop making true but unhelpful statements.

When it stops being funny... Which is probably never.

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

Logic and pregnant women. Those venn diagrams don't have much overlap, at least in my experience (1 woman, 7 pregnancies )

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

7 pregnancies??? My wife would have me castrated; but then again she also died in the OR delivering my second one

No seriously, her heart stopped for a full minute before they could get it beating again. That's after the long healing time it took from the first one

(T cut C-section). That's pretty much when I decided that I was done having kids.

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

7 pregnancies??? My wife would have me castrated; but then again she also died in the OR delivering my second one

No seriously, her heart stopped for a full minute before they could get it beating again. That's after the long healing time it took from the first one

(T cut C-section). That's pretty much when I decided that I was done having kids.

Yep. 7 pregnancies with 5 live births...she's special

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

I am the 7th pregnancy in my family. At the 5th, my dad was told no more babies, then, 6th came along and the doctors told him, "Dude, seriously! The next kid will not only die, but will kill her as well." (paraphrasing) And sure enough, we buried my father in 2011, and my mother is still here.

• Like 1

Level 25 Final Fantasy Rebel

My Epic Quest | My Journey | Currently on the Trial of Orthos
Str: 60 | Dex: 23 | Sta: 66 | Con: 28 | Wis: 55 | Cha: 14

Goals for 2021:

Spoiler
  • Build my brother a Destiny 2 Lamp
  • Learn how to do a Handstand
  • Play 1 song on the acoustic guitar
  • Clean up the Christmas Decorations and finish setting up my apartment (hang things up, plus some other few things that need to be organized)
  • Re-introduce Pull-ups into my routine
  • Build a shelving unit next to my Desk

"No matter what, if you can hold your head up high, you've done the right thing."

"When you stand with your family, your family stands with you."

"Write what needs to be written."

I used to work with a woman who was as flatulent as the average bovine.  She was standing by my desk one day talking to me, and after the third fart I asked "Do you need to go to the ladies room?" and she replied "Yeah, I think I need to take a shit."  My manager and I were following her down the hall one day and she let one rip, he turned to me and said "And she's single, go figure."

• Like 1

When your pregnant wife asks you how much you think she weighs don't guess...

Though if you can, find out...

My wife didn't want to look when the Doc wrote down her weight (toward the end), so I did for her (without her knowing at the time).

Now in hindsight, baby's out, she's back on the horse working out and losing the weight, she's glad I looked.

• Like 2

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I know a person who kept asking me, God, and most deities in Buddhist mythology why they are still single... Then went on and told me about how they viewed people around them-- ripping over people who showed them kindness-- making fun of people who had genuine attraction to them-- then they got drunk and sob over how they were so unlucky. I was just sitting there like...

...Ya, Luck...

After a while, I realized that if they roasted everyone around them like this, I probably was one of the targets as well, so now I don't know how they are doing in the dating world.

• Like 2

Hmm..I'll just be over here in my corner being all single and weird and shit..

Being single and weird and shit in the corner with you.

You get to say that only if you follow it up with "I got hot fudge, too."

My Battle Log 

I'm on Strava for my running now.

Check out Kick! too.  You unlock gear with your progress on Strava.

My response would have been "well you should eat ice cream, it'll make you feel better".

As for weight, original pre-preganancy weight + 0.75*(# weeks pregnant - 4). Will give 27 lb total gain by the end with a linear gain from 1 month until then.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

My response would have been "well you should eat ice cream, it'll make you feel better".

As for weight, original pre-preganancy weight + 0.75*(# weeks pregnant - 4). Will give 27 lb total gain by the end with a linear gain from 1 month until then.

I stayed ahead of that issue this last time around by continuously commenting about how sexy her preggo belly was.

The biggest issue I had was to try to hold back her instinct to scrub every square inch of the house with a toothbrush. Pregoo brain + nesting instinct + lots of houseguests (most first time seeing house) + OCD cleanaholic = Not a good combination

• Like 2

currently cutting

battle log challenges: 21,20, 19,18,17,16,15,14,13,12,11,10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1

don't panic!

I stayed ahead of that issue this last time around by continuously commenting about how sexy her preggo belly was.

The biggest issue I had was to try to hold back her instinct to scrub every square inch of the house with a toothbrush. Pregoo brain + nesting instinct + lots of houseguests (most first time seeing house) + OCD cleanaholic = Not a good combination

Take all that and add a 9 month morning sickness period, means she wants to do ALL of the above, but physically can't, therefore you better do it or prepare for prego-guilt-trip (best be avoided at ALL costs.)

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. - Lao Tzu

C25K program: ~17% Completed

Battle Log: My Final Fantasy of getting in shape

Character Sheet: Ojara