Forums are back in action! ×

MEN ONLY THREAD part two

back hair and shoulder hair are fine, but what about shoulder hair?

:confused:  Huh?

Haven't chimed in here for a bit, but here's my take on my own personal "body image" and hair situation.

- Facial hair....can't grow it, wish I could. Yep, grass is always greener I know, but just once I'd love to have a nice 5 o'clock shadow. My dad, full beard...my brother, 5 o'clock shadow at noon...me, jack!

- Chest hair...I've got plenty. I keep that stuff trimmed to keep it from getting unruly. Not shaved....trimmed.

- Back hair....I've got a bit and I hate it. I get it waxed ~3 times a year, along with the bit on the shoulders. Also, for me, the waxing is actually therapeutic, so it doesn't hurt IMO.

- Other? Simply put....I maintain...nothing wrong with a bit of overall manscaping.

Level 6 Wizard of Beer Warrior
STR 21.25 | DEX 5.75 | STA 7.75 | CON 3.50 | WIS 9.50 | CHA 3.25
Twitter | Epic Trip | Current Challenge
Previous Challenges: 1 2 3 4 5
*the warrior formerly known as icedtrip and former dothraki god of thunder furyan*

So while scanning the news today I saw that Japan came out with a .01mm condom; that has to be so much better than the balloons the US still uses.

Though I have to say Lifestyles Skyn was a lot better feeling than a late 90's Trojan

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

I can go for a solid week of not shaving and maybe get something that looks like facial hair... 

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I can go for a solid week of not shaving and maybe get something that looks like facial hair... 

I just look scraggly as hell even after a month...curly hair means facial hair isn't the best for beards and such.

shaved head full beard, yay or nay?

I think it's one of those things that depends on how you look bald. Usually not too bad a combo unless you have never been bald and aren't comfortable with the lack of hair.

Fittingly, my best efforts at a beard leave me looking like Satan. It's especially good on a bad hair day when it sticks up in horn-like tufts.

When I finally removed the beard, I took a photo of me with just the moustache. I'm surprised the camera didn't break.

Ever since then... I shave. Sorry, Movember, but the world will be better off if I don't join in. Trust me.

What happens when you play Final Fantasy VII with everyone called Cloud?

It gets quite confusing... https://ff7crowdofclouds.wordpress.com/

Yay.

cmon-bro-do-you-even-lift.jpg

I have met this man^. He showed me where the collars for the barbells were when I was lifting in his gym.

Massrandir, Barkûn, Swolórin, The Whey Pilgrim
500 / 330 / 625
Challenges: 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 31 32 34 35 36 39 41 42 45 46 47 48 49 Current Challenge
"No citizen has a right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. What a disgrace it is for a man to grow old without ever seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable. " ~ Socrates
"Friends don't let friends squat high." ~ Chad Wesley Smith
"It's a dangerous business, Brodo, squatting to the floor. You step into the rack, and if you don't keep your form, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to." ~ Gainsdalf

Talk to her about it.  When the kids come, so much time is spent running all the mother-like systems, new mothers tend to forget about things like sex.  My wife went through the same thing with our first child.  There is some time needed for healing on the mother's end, so that should be taken into account as well.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Thanks for the reply, but I should have put more info into my post - rushing around and posted half the details.

This happened after the birth of our third child.  Child is now 21 months old.  My wife had been slowly going off sex for a while before the birth though.  It's been well over 2 years since we had penetrative sex at this point.

I would still talk to her about it.  There could be any number of things going on with that, and until you both know what's going on, you have no chance of figuring it out.  Take the time to figure it out together.  Here's hoping for you.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

When was the last time you took her on a date? 

Set something up real nice. Get a sitter for all the kids- out of the house.

Surprise her. Grab her favorite flowers, perhaps the same from your wedding, of her bouquet.  Send them to her work, with an invite to go out that night. (make sure her schedule is clear first)

Go get a hair cut, clean pressed suit (or fancy equivalent of your style), dapper gent style.

Go out to perhaps a restaurant that has meaning to you two.

Follow up with an outdoor activity to enjoy the winter weather.

Pause on the activity, just to tell her how much she makes your life worth living.

Make her feel beautiful. Make her feel like she needs you. Make her want you.

Prime the pump, make her remember why she liked having sex with you before it stopped.

Currently lost in Fitness.

What Suited Hippy said, and Frost is on to something with the lemon Pledge, but it only works when it's been used by someone else; I dust, jackpot, my wife has to dust, not happening.

Have you heard of The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman. It helps explain why the people we love sometimes don't know it.

Also, has your wife seen a doctor or counselor? Even very mild depression can destroy sex drive, as can a myriad of other things.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth

A great tip I heard recently, in regards to communication with the spouse: if talking face to face leads to fights, try going to different rooms and leave each other voicemails. That way they (and you) HAVE to listen. Emotions stay down and hostility doesn't erupt. You can't argue or fight with a voicemail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Oh, fear not in a world like this, And thou shalt know erelong, Know how sublime a thing it is, To suffer and be strong."  - Henry Wadsworth Longfellow -

Battle Log - MyFitnessPal - FitBIt

To get something you've never had, you have to become someone you've never been.

Pretty much with most of the guys here.  Just talk about it.  Hopefully sitting down and open the discussion will at least be a start.  

Also, not sure how much physical contact you have, but that could also help.  Whether it be just sitting close to each other on the couch while watching a show, giving her a quick back rub if she seems upset, or hugging and kissing when you get home from your days.  I find that in my experience that those little things alone can sometimes plant the seed for both my wife and myself of "Hey, we both like physical contact with each other." and that can quickly grow.  

COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE:  does anyone else find it weird that Spezzy's face shows up at the top of the Men's Only Thread?  I mean I realize there isn't really a way to "keep the women folk out" but it's just strange that she created it.  :)  

I think Spezzy's pic is funny, it's almost like a warning that if you read some of these posts that's the face you're going to make

That works for me Rooks, what also works for me is the "hey I know we've been super busy and we are going to be super busy for the next few days but lets just make out for like 5 mins no sex", do that a few times during the dry spell and she ends up initiating after things settle down

Between a rock and a hard place, use our finger nails to climb, it's all we know..........

Daily Mile

Perfer et obdura: Dolor hic tibi proderit olim

COMPLETELY UNRELATED NOTE:  does anyone else find it weird that Spezzy's face shows up at the top of the Men's Only Thread?  I mean I realize there isn't really a way to "keep the women folk out" but it's just strange that she created it.   :)

As I understand it, part one of the thread got so big it broke, so Spezzy started part two in her role as admin.

Paladin Aspirant

Level 3

STR: 13   DEX: 3  STA: 9  CON: 9.33   WIS: 6.66   CHA: 6

MyFitnessPal

Challenges: First, Second, Third, Fourth