Forums are back in action! ×

Comic Books and Graphic Novels: What are you reading?

Raikas

Currently reading Batman Zero Year and Mad Love.

Looking to pick up Saga volume 1 next week... hopefully.

I LOVE Saga.  It's so great.  It's some of the best science fiction I've ever read.

I'm mostly a DC girl.  I read pretty much all the Bat-books (Batman, Batgirl, Batwoman, Batman and Robin, you get the idea).  I'm also reading The Flash, Worlds Finest (Power Girl and Huntress), All-Star Western, The Movement and a few of the other DC books I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.  I used to read almost all of the DC books but dropped a lot of them when the new 52 happened (they took most of my favorite characters away).  I just started reading some of the Marvel books.  I LOVE Hawkeye, Young Avengers, Nova and Guardians of the Galaxy.  I'm trying to read some of the X-Men books but I'm having a hard time getting to know the characters.  It's hard to tell one supermodel in black leather from all the other supermodels in black leather.  I started reading Red Sonja because Gail Simone is writing it and it's awesome so far.  Sonja is badass.

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

Currently working my way through back-issues of Irredeemable and Incorruptible.

Allen Moore's The Killing Joke and Chuck Austen's The Pain of the Gods, particularly the Flash's story, remain my favorite DC titles.

"If you would improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid." - Epictetus

"You just gotta listen to your body, unless it's saying anything about stopping, pain, your joints, or needing water."

Level 20 Pilgrim (Adventurer 7, Assassin 3, Druid 2, Monk 10, Ranger 5, Rebel 9, Scout 10, Warrior 4)

Currently reading "Fables" from vertigo comics. 

Discovered it from telltales recent game that is based on it called "the wolf among us". Really digging the comic, I gotta say, the universe is so fascinating! 

IntroductionBodyware: Fitness Journal

Challenge Belt: (1)(2)(3)(4), (5), (6), (7), [WOOT](8), [TEMP HIATUS], (9)

Bodyweight Info: Starting: 264.5lbs, Current: 167.8lbs (NEUTRAL)

IronGlider v2.10, Adventurer Rank: Level 8

REVIVING!

Got both volumes of SAndman omnibus over xmas, so I am reading them and have sandman: Endless nights, Dream hunters and Absolute: Death waiting in my book shelv to be read as well.

HUGE INTO COMICS over the past few years.

Favorites have been Kingdom Come, Marvel Civil War, Killing Joke is always awesome and Hush...

Next I have planned to read all the Batman: knightfall stuff and the original TMNT comics.

Lvl 3 Half-Orc Warrior Assasin

Male, Age: 30

STR 4 - DEX 2 - STA 5- CON 2 - WIS 4  - CHA 3

Intro Post --- Current Challenge

"Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try" Jedi Master Yoda

"Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional; they are placed there for the enjoyment of those who like to point them out"

Re-Re--....Reading FMA. Manly tears for Hughes.

Height 6'2" Age 26

345/215/435

Strength isn’t just about winning. Even if my attempts are pathetic and comical, and even if I’m covered in the mud of my defeat, if I can keep fighting and look up at the sky as I lie on the ground, that alone is proof of true strength! Haruyuki Arita (Accel World)

Oh boy, where to start!  My current monthly pull list (no particular order)

Hawkeye

Green Arrow (now that Jeff Lemire is writing it)

Black Widow (love Phil Noto's art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Alex and Ada

Manifest Destiny

Sheltered

Umbral

The Massive

Velvet

Lazarus

Older stuff, but all time favorites

Sweet Tooth

From Hell

Promethea

Queen and Country

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Swamp Thing

Groo the Wanderer

Daredevil (Frank Miller days)

Anything drawn by Bill Seinkewicz (always spell that sucker incorrectly)

SAGA.  SAGA FOREVER.

Also really been enjoying East of West.

LEVEL 0 - Bosmer Ranger

STR: 0 -- DEX: 0 -- STA: 0 -- CON: 0 -- WIS: 0 -- CHA: 0

Level 1 Challenge Thread

“Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or fucking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you've got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.†- Al Swearengen

I Write Stuff

Just read Book 1 of "Leaves on the Wind," season two of Firefly/Serenity as published by Dark Horse.

Anyone who's a browncoat ought to give it a shot. It's...glorious.

Level 10 Superhero Trainee (Ranger)

Str 20   Dex 12   Sta 15   Con 15   Wis 13   Cha 16

My Battle Log: Getting Back on the Horse

Challenges! 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

NerFiWriCh Completed: 1!

My book! The Mercenary's Guide to Ruined Seattle.

To all you saints and sinners!

You losers and you winners!

Here's to one more day above the roses!

Currently reading Hush, then I'll be moving onto Kingdom Come, Batman: Year 100, Frank Miller's Daredevil, and Elephantmen Vol 01.

Mangostrike
Race: Stone Troll | Class: Ranger
[Level: 3 | STR 6 | DEX 2.5 | STA 6.25 | CON 2 | WIS 3 | CHA 3.5 ]
Battle Log 1-First-Blood 2-Nerf-Herder 3-A-New-Hope 4-Get-Angry

If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Master Quest = <200 Lbs.

Re-Re--....Reading FMA. Manly tears for Hughes.

Oh, Hughes. :L I watched the anime (all of FMA and FMA:Brotherhood) a couple of months ago. I held out hope that he was going to make some kind of miraculous reappearance but he never did. One of the saddest character losses ever to me. . 

Currently reading: Saga, Volume 1, by Brian K. Vaughan

GUYS!!!  There's going to be an ongoing Rocket Raccoon book by Skottie Young starting in July!!!! I repeat!  There's going to be an ongoing Rocket Raccoon book by Skottie Young starting in July!!!!!!!  This is a thing that's happening!

http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/news/126503-eleven-injured-after-marvel-announces-new-rocket-racoon-series-by-skottie-young.html

rr1_size3.jpg

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

I'm generally not much of a comic book reader, but lately I've been picking up graphic novels at the public library. Kazu Kibuishi's 'Oracle' series is great stuff: magic, mechs, anthropomorphized animals, and wise-ass robots.  It's done for middle-school readers, but that's never stopped me before.  He's got another book out called 'Daisy Kutter'; more grown-up, but still good.

Of course, "Girl Genius Online" is required reading, as is the "DMZ" series, "Hellboy", and "Constantine".

"If you get into trouble, you can always eat something, blow something up, or throw penguins." - Jim Henson

Archived