Forums are back in action! ×

New Assassin, ready to begin training

Hello all! My name is Liz and I'm in Cleveland, OH. I am looking to level up my life in many ways and Nerd Fitness just called me. :-)

I weigh about 215 right now at 5'9" and I'm a size 16/18. I honestly have no idea what to strive for weight-wise or size-wise, so I figure I'm going to play it by ear and stop when I'm happy. I had taken up running and did my first 5K in October, but fell off the wagon when I got a foot tattoo that needed to heal. Tough getting back into the 4am morning run when it's in the 30's now. Brrr. So I bought the Rebel Fitness Guide and am going to start going through the workouts in those, starting at the very first one. Maybe once I get my workout habit established it'll be easier to get back into running.

I've been eating Primally for a few months now and am averaging about a pound a week weight loss. I'm not as religious with it as I should be, but I'm definitely 80% compliant. I love it - my blood sugar doesn't plummet anymore, I don't have to have "emergency snacks" on hand, I LOVE the food. I just like the freedom I feel from it.

I do feel odd coming in as an Assassin, but that's what the program picked for me when I input my answers! I do like the thought of having the world as my playground.

Some random goals, including a couple silly "in a perfect world" type goals:

1. Get my finances in order - starting Dave Ramsey's Total Money Makeover.

2. Get below 200 lbs

3. Do a REAL push up, not on my knees

4. Establish a routine for fitness and do something every day, even if it's just a walk around the block

5. Date again, which requires self-esteem to be raised.

6. Pipedream goal: I want to be able to do that thing where you're on your back and kick your legs up and land on your feet. Know what I'm talking about?

7. Pipedream goal: Do some basic Parkour. The thought of me doing it cracks me up but it just looks so fun and freeing!

Amazon Warrior

Stronglifts 5x5 Progress:

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Starting Bench Weight: 45        Current Bench Weight: 65

Starting Row Weight: 65           Current Row Weight: 85

Starting OHP Weight: 45           Current OHP Weight: 55

Starting DL Weight: 65              Current DL Weight: 105

Seeing your goals, you are definitely an assassin and I don't say that just because the program I coded told you so :P Happy to have you with us. You're here just in time for the next challenge that will start in one week now. I will look forward your progress and your first standard push-up! You can do knee push-ups already? Then you're really close of being able to do them :)

PS: cute doggy!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

First let me say thank you for the program for the signature! I would have been lost and totally feeling out of place without it, LOL.

I'm really excited about the challenge and hope to make my fellow Assassins proud. And regarding the push-ups, I can do a few knee ones already, so one real one is on the horizon! It's gotta be!

And thanks for the compliment on my little girl. She's the joy in my life and one of my inspirations for getting in shape. She's ridiculously athletic and I want us to be able to do fun stuff together. :-)

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

Starting Squat Weight: 45         Current Squat Weight: 75 (staying here while working on form)

Welcome! One of the reasons I'm a Paleo enthusiast is that I don't have the blood sugar plummets anymore. Giving up gluten is so worth it.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Glad I could help. And I'm jealous, I'd love to have a dog but my apartment is too small. Will you train her to do parkour too?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQtL2NHg1I&feature=fvwrel

Seriously, as soon as I have the possibility to have a dog, I'll train it to do some parkour!

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Thanks for the welcomes!

Shaka, I'm actually planning on doing my Rebel workouts in the morning on M, W and F. However, on my Tues and Thurs I may wait until after work and then go for a walk/jog. Just tough getting outside in the AM when it's so chilly! Yes, I'm a sissy sometimes. It's all mental.

Elastigirl, I totally hear that. Sometimes I still think, "wow, I haven't eaten in like 6 hours and I still feel okay!" So freeing.

And Nuala, my dog could totally do that. And more safely 'cause unfortunately Tre is one FAT dog! He's a blown cruciate ligament waiting to happen. But yeah, Inara would love doing that stuff with me. :-)

Bah, I can't upload a pic of her for some reason.

Amazon Warrior

Started 7/29/13

Archived