Forums are back in action! ×

Howdy.

Hi. My friend turned me on to NF recently (which I'm extremely grateful for, because this has been a real motivation for me.) I went from being rail thin most of my life to nearly 200 lbs at 5'2" (and I'm female.) After doing approximately nothing, I got back down to 150/145, but now I'm stuck. I try and try, bouncing from ED and subsequent health problems, to massive undertakings of weight loss in "healthy" ways (fad diets claiming to be the perfect diet, etc.) I'm now beginning the Paleo diet, and slowly incorporating small amounts of exercise into my routine.

My goals going forward are:

Get down to my goal weight of 120 (but the most important part is fixing my diet.)

FIX MY DIET - I work an extremely stressful 12 hour a day job start at 6am (I'm a taxi dispatcher), and have been living off of delivery (cheesy bread being the biggest culprit) for an embarrassing amount of time. What I typically eat regularly is disgusting.

Get fit - Even when I was thin I was out of shape because I never exercised.

Quit smoking - I've been smoking going on 9 years, enough is enough. I smoke a pack a day and get winded during my favorite exercise (the adult alone time exercise.)

Long story short, it's not about just the "getting thin" anymore. Now I just want to be healthy, to live a fuller life, and stop feeling like garbage all the time.

I'm also really looking for some NF community members to help me out. I need buddies, and I'm most successful at endeavors like these with help.

Thanks!

[TABLE=width: 300, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rabbit, level 1 Vampire Assassin

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 6|CHA 5

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

Welcome! You're here just in time for next 6 week challenge. It starts in one week for now. You just have to pick your guild, 4 goals (usually 3 fitness + 1 life goal) and get ready for your first adventure.

Good luck with paleo, the first weeks are not the easiest to do, but keep at it! You won't regret it :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Thanks! I will do that.

[TABLE=width: 300, align: center]

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

rabbit, level 1 Vampire Assassin

STR 1|DEX 1|STA 1|CON 1|WIS 6|CHA 5

[/TABLE]

"When you become a vampire, the demon takes your body, but it doesn't get your soul; that's gone. No conscience, no remorse, it's an easy way to live. You have no idea what it's like to have done the things I've done...and care. I haven't fed on a human being since that day."

Welcome.

"Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself" -- Tolstoy

Not sure if it was buzz or woody that said it though.

Spartan double trifecta progess:

100%
100%

Tough Mudder "10 x Legionnaire":

100.0%
100.0%
"Run ALL the things or die tryin'"
110%
110%

fitocracy Ogre Magi Lvl 16 Ranger STR: 38|DEX: 58|STA: 59|baCON: 34|WIS: 30|CHA: 30

Previously Completed: Spartan Trifecta, Enough TM Headbands to make a ski mask

Archived