Forums are back in action! ×

From "lazy wimp" to "level 1 assassin"

I'm 5'4, 110lbs, thin and out of shape. I know that "thin" and "out of shape" aren't usually descriptors used together, but it is very applicable in my case. I have a fantastic metabolism, and so I abuse my power for evil. I eat whatever I want because I won't get fat-- at least not yet (at 27).

However:

- I can't run more than a mile without getting winded

- I can't do a pull up

- I can barely do pushups

- I can't open my own jar of pickles

- I'll probably soon join my older family members with every high blood pressure/cholesterol/sodium/etc known to mankind (we're all fatties in a skinny body)

I've been collecting underpants (researching) parkour for two years now, watching YouTube videos wistfully while never believing it was something -I- could ever accomplish. I can't do that. Then one day (was it yesterday...?) I stopped saying I can't and asked myself why?

The answer: Because I'm lazy, and I never tried.

Why?

Because I'm afraid to get hurt.

Wimp.

Unacceptable. The answer is always 'no' if you don't ask, and the answer is always 'you can't' if you never try. It's time to make Optimus Prime proud.

It's time to become a Master Assassin.

Besides this, there are standards outside of myself that I have to meet, being a member of the military. These are standards I am already working on. (Mostly because I like having a job :D)

Omnibard, level 2 Fey AssassinSTR 7|DEX 4|STA 2|CON 2|WIS 6|CHA 2

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience."- Henry Miller

Welcome brother! (or sister? I actually don't know, English is not really clear on that point :P). We're already past half of the 6 week challenge, but don't let that stop you getting 4 goals (3 fitness/diet and one life) and post them in the assassin's forum. If you want some various informations, you can check the Assassin general chat thread and if necessary, you can ask some questions there.

If you wish, we also have an unofficial mini-challenge running, feel free to participate if you, we will be happpy to have you there. The general thread is here, the new challenge started this morning, you will find the details here.

Good luck :)

Nuala, level 13 Robot mistress of pain, Assassin Guild leader

First journey: The Rise and fall of an Assassin

#1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10, #11, #12, #13

Second journey: Crawling back

Sister, indeed, sister. Forgive the lack of clarity! Thank you for your welcome, I'll go check the mini-challenge immediately!

"All growth is a leap in the dark, a spontaneous unpremeditated act without benefit of experience."- Henry Miller

Here's to opening your own pickles.

I've been eyeing the parkour videos wistfully for awhile, too -- that's a big long-term goal for me. As of the last couple of months, I'm engaged in a regimen of mostly-bodyweight exercises in an effort to get past the point where I'm too weak to lug my own (5'4", 135lb) carcass around on the jungle gym. Amazing revelation: If you do things, you get better at them! Holy crap!

In the last three weeks I've gone from being a person who can do one push-up to being a person who can do five in a row. Working on getting to twenty. And on the day I do one dead-hang pull-up, there will be much rejoicing.

IT CAN BE DONE. I'm already looking forward to watching you do kongs on YouTube.

Level 2 MonkSTR: 4 | DEX: 4 | STA: 2 | CON: 6 | WIS: 3 | CHA: 3

Battle Log | Challenge Thread

Many welcomes! I look forward to leveling alongside you online as well as real life! :) when we level up we can celebrate with a trip to the playground! Assassins usually work alone, but I think we will be better as a wolf pack of 2.

Level 2 Ranger

Unknown Race

STR: 4  DEX: 5  STA: 6  CON: 6  WIS:  3  CHA: 1

Wow! You sound just like me. I let so much of my life pass me by because I was lazy and afraid of getting hurt. I am 36 and last December I finally said enough is enough. I joined a TKD Do Jang and haven't looked back. The confidence I have gained from this is Awesome! I have grown so much in the past year. Follow your desires and do not be afraid of getting a little hurt. To me the scrapes and bruises and occasional sprain I get nowadays are just little badges of honor. I would much rather have these and the pride that goes with it, than be unscathed and unsure of myself. Good luck to you! Glad you are here.

level 2 human monkSTR 5.32|DEX 1|STA 3.32|CON 6|WIS 3|CHA 2

K-Shark: I am SO looking forward to going to the playground, wolf-sister!

Harris: I don't know about kongs any time soon, but when I open my own jar of pickles, I'll post a photo! XD Thanks for the motivation! I'll be rooting for you!

Terminator: Awesome! Let's keep each other motivated!

Peacekeeper: No kidding! Enough is enough! I'm really glad to see that it's seriously not too late for either of us! I'm looking forward to my first 'badge of honor' (just not maybe the first trip to the ER :P)

Archived