Forums are back in action! ×

Any Cosplayers? :D

so i don't particularly want to share this picture, but i said i would, so here i am with a pic of my Little Sister costume!

please be gentle in your critiques. health-wise, this has been a rough month, so the costume didn't come out like i wanted and then i was SUPER SICK at the party. (would have totally bailed if the host wasn't a really good friend and it was her birthday.)  i had no intention of staying as long as i did, but i was waiting for the Witch to show up, because Stay Puft REALLY wanted this picture to remember her party. i had literally just given up on the Witch, taken out my contacts, took out my ponytail... then she shows. oh well. i managed to smile for the picture... "straighten your shirt (*coughchestcough*), fix your apron, and suck it in!" are apparently only thoughts for healthy people. :nightmare:

costumeparty.jpg

this person really wants to delete their account but can't because it's not allowed.

All of these are great!! :D

I've always wanted to get more into it, but without having to use wigs and I keep my glasses on. Soo...Costumer :)

TEN YEARS AGO I put together Jessie from Team Rocket (man, I feel old now), and I was in better shape then haha. I've since used that repeatedly for different things including Fanime 2012.

Last year I did a Captain A-mew-ica (as in my name/internet alias, not cats). It came out ok and I still never fully finished it.

Over the summer I put together Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! By far my favorite and I spent the most time on the details for this one. I'll be wearing it today for Halloween, too :)

I need more ideas...want to make mooooorrrreeeee!!

CaptAmerica.jpg Vanellope.jpg

CHALLENGE Feb. 1-26: Mewtilator, I Choose You!

Become Stronger and Race-Ready

Fitocracy | Blog

All of these are great!! :D

I've always wanted to get more into it, but without having to use wigs and I keep my glasses on. Soo...Costumer :)

TEN YEARS AGO I put together Jessie from Team Rocket (man, I feel old now), and I was in better shape then haha. I've since used that repeatedly for different things including Fanime 2012.

Last year I did a Captain A-mew-ica (as in my name/internet alias, not cats). It came out ok and I still never fully finished it.

Over the summer I put together Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! By far my favorite and I spent the most time on the details for this one. I'll be wearing it today for Halloween, too :)

I need more ideas...want to make mooooorrrreeeee!!

CaptAmerica.jpg Vanellope.jpg

That Vanellope is great!  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

That's a pretty good Vaanellope. I'm amazed at the amount of Vanellope's that are out this year, considering all I heard from most people that the movie was "...okay" (I personally loved it)

This just makes me want to actually work on my Captain America shield that I've been planning. But alas me and a few friends are actually attempting to make ghostbuster outfits and proton packs with working lights before anything else.May try to make it while not figuring out the woodworking aspect of the packs.

That's the most adorable Vanellope I've ever seen.

I'd love to Cosplay at various conventions, if I had the body for it. Even if I were to lose the gut, my overall huge frame would still leave me being guys like Thor and what not. Although, I wouldn't mind being Killbane...hmmm...

Where do you guys all get your costumes at? I have never been good at making them.

All of mine are home made.  My clown outfits are the rare exception to that.  Even if it's not that great, it's still fun to try it out.  I have a Mega Man costume that I don't think turned out as game-like as it could have, but for only spending $17 on it, I think it's pretty awesome.  I'll have pictures of it up when I get home and get it on.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Gawww, thanks everyone  :redface:

I "make" mine, too. Jessie and Vanellope were just alterations of already existing clothing. DO THIS if you can!

Captain America (photo was before I added the star, headband and store-bought shield) was ALL sewn.. It was hard and I didn't use patterns. It's also difficult to put on/take off.. But it came out ok for my first attempt at making clothing. And don't look closely at my stitching haha.

And you can costume/cosplay whatever you want, regardless of size or gender even. For me, it's an appreciation of the creativity, dedication and fandom. Make it what you want for yourself :)

CHALLENGE Feb. 1-26: Mewtilator, I Choose You!

Become Stronger and Race-Ready

Fitocracy | Blog

tumblr_mvl39lmI9f1skbydco4_500.jpg

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Thanks.

I'm going to continue to modify it till I get it a little more Mega Man X-ish, but I was limited with materials and time.  I think some of it will get replaced with some sheet aluminum from work.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

I should make either a Zero or Protoman costume for my son and a Roll outfit for my daughter.  That would be fun.

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Not down the street, right next door...  

If I had a dog, he would be Rush.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Completely re-did my Kiba cosplay. Made many modifications to the head. Here it is:

IMG_3764.jpg

WP_20140409_013.jpg

WP_20140409_019.jpg

And here's me as Edward Elric from Fullmetal Alchemist (that's my boyfriend as Jiraya). 

529483_564757933555276_1426221177_n.jpg

7565_419013661529092_1644244937_n.jpg

Next cosplay? Probably gonna be either a Fallout: New Vegas one or a generic Skyrim archer of sorts. I was making bracers to go as Sylvanas from WoW, but lost inspiration for the character, so fantasy archer it is. 

♣ Quilly ♣

Level 2 Gryphon Assassin

STR 2 | DEX 1 | STA 0 | CON 0 | WIS 1 | CHA 0

Challenges: 1

Log

"If you cannot find Paradise,make your own."

Great thread!  Needs to stay in the forefront.  I've never been to a Con, but definitely want to.  I'm clearly a huge Star Wars fan, so my main cosplay I want to do is a generic Sith character that I'm about halfway through writing a backstory for.  I even started playing with 3D modeling software to build a ship for him, since I didn't like any of the ones I could find already in-universe.  Got a basic costume/lightsaber made already.  Just working on armor as money permits.  

Others I want to do: Mal and/or Jayne from Firefly; generic Jedi; Edward Kenway from AC IV: Black Flag; Shepard from Mass Effect; and others I can't remember right now.

"Someone ever tries to kill you, you try to kill 'em right back." - Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Current Challenge

Also, I Agree With Tank™

I've always wanted to cosplay, but conventions freak me out.  Lots of bad memories from the few I've been to, so it will probably never happen.  But my dream character cosplays would be:

1. Lina Inverse from the Slayers series.  Probably my favorite anime character.  Alas, my bewbs are too big to really pull her off.

2. Princess Ozma from the Oz series.  Book version, not movie version.

3. Kahlan Amnell from the Sword of Truth series.

Also, if I could find a friend to drag with me, I'd love to cosplay as a sul'dam and damane from the Wheel of Time series.

Level 2 Mutant Druid

"No! Pillage, then burn! It's really hard to do it in reverse!"

I love cons and cosplay. I generally go as a zombie because it's one of the few things I'm comfortable doing with the shape I'm in but I'm working on a couple green lantern costumes and an outlaw version of dark wing duck. Once I lose my weight I will do more and it will be epic.

• Like 1

In brightest day, In blackest night, No evil shall escape my sight, Let those who worship evils might, beware my power, GREEN LANTERNS LIGHT!

Green Lantern is good for any body shape.  I want to get a Riddler costume together, but it may have to wait till next year.  

Level 2 Warforged Druid

Can't wait to see them.  Cause now that you've mentioned it, you'll have to post pics.

Level 2 Warforged Druid