Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

Dedication to your word.

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

I told someone once that I was "literally going to kill him", and, on reflection, felt really bad about saying it.

So I killed him.

That was funnier to me than it should've been...

"literally"

This word is overused, and most of the time it is used incorrectly. 

Example I heard recently:  "I'm literally too tired to talk right now". 

To borrow an excellent word from earlier in this thread, what kind of f*cknugget do you have to be to add literally to most of the things you say when they are not literal at all?  No, it's not "literally freezing out" if the temperature is above 32 degrees.  You were definitely not "literally going to kill her if she didn't stop hitting on your boyfriend". 

Rant complete.

Hey, it was worse here in MA a few years ago in college - everyone replaced "literally" with "legit".  For example, "I was legit going to kill her if she didn't stop hitting on your boyfriend."  Yup, chew on that for a moment.

• Like 1

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

That was funnier to me than it should've been...

Hey, it was worse here in MA a few years ago in college - everyone replaced "literally" with "legit".  For example, "I was legit going to kill her if she didn't stop hitting on your boyfriend."  Yup, chew on that for a moment.

I've heard of verbing nouns, but adverbing adjectives? Will the horrors never cease? :-O

• Like 1

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

Not to mention abbreviating perfectly good words.  Oh, the humanity!

Level 3 Human Assassin

STR 6 - DEX 2.25 - STA 4.5 - CON 5.5 - WIS 6 - CHA 6

Introduction

Previous Battle Log     Current Battle Log

First Challenge     Previous Challenge     Current Challenge

Holiday Mini-Challenge

日本語 PvP

What do we say to the god of failure?  NOT TODAY.

"Aren't you a bit old to be hitting the gym again? You are just going to hurt yourself. You quit going 15 years ago!"/quote]

Try showing them this..

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EWjW3zv2A1s

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

We both wear the pants.  She's not really into skirts. It works well. :)

I have a daughter who lists her two favorite activities as "drawing ponies" and "MMA", so gender roles can bite my shiny metal ass.  Literally.

• Like 8

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I've griped about this one before in various places but it's still one that gets under my skin.

"Aren't you a bit old to be hitting the gym again?  You are just going to hurt yourself.  You quit going 15 years ago!"

Yeah.  Thanks f*cknugget.  I'm well aware that I'm 34 and stopped going to the gym when I was like 22.  I'm also quite aware these last 6 months haven't been easy - but they are easier now than if I waited until 6 months from now to start.

Why the hell does trying to improve health and fitness have an age limit to some people?!

Haha! I'm 31 and most of my lifting friends who are the same age as me who have been doing it since their teens tell me their physical strength in their thirties is far greater than it was in their teens and twenties.

• Like 1

I think I found this way too hilarious for the normal parameters of acceptable humor.

Impossible.  

• Like 1

Level 2 Warforged Druid

STR: 2, DEX: 1, STA: 3, CON: 3, WIS: 2, CHA: 3

"If these people tell this story to their children as they sleep; then maybe someday they'll see a hero is just a man who knows he is free."

Good night and joy be to you all ~Jitters The. Clown

Current Challange: New Challenges Ahead!

Battle Log: Clowning around daily

Past Challenges: Leveling Up PvP Jump Rope Boss Continue? System Failure Systems Online Calling Rush Confirm Reset Select World Select Difficulty, Select Character, Repairs, Press Start, First Timer, Jump Rope PVP Challenge

Went out for dinner last night for a friends birthday and while we're looking at the menu, there's the inevitable "Are we going to order starters?" conversation.

Most of the people there hadn't been to that restaurant before so I offered up some advice. "If you're going to want pudding, don't have a starter. I think the portions in here are massive, and I eat a LOT."

At this point everyone at the table turns to look at me, and my friends mum (eyebrows to hairline) goes "Reeeaaallllyyyy?????"

I ran through what I normally eat in a day, but I don't think she believed me.

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

My in-laws constantly reference my "weird" food. The other day I got it when I was eating tuna and steamed vegetables, how is that weird???

Or perhaps my "weird" scale just has different reference points?

• Like 2

My in-laws constantly reference my "weird" food. The other day I got it when I was eating tuna and steamed vegetables, how is that weird???

One day when I was still at school, a girl in the group I sat with, asked me why do I always have such weird food for lurch, I always had leftovers and she always had things like bags of chips, and other junk food, which she also had for recess and it REALLY showed

• Like 1

STR – 24.45, DEX – 13.50, STA – 23.50, CON – 21.40, WIS – 27.65, CHA – 4.50
When the sun comes up, you better start running - Thomas Friedmen
Epic Quest - Current Challenge - Twitter - Goodreads - Fitbit - blog

Haha! I'm 31 and most of my lifting friends who are the same age as me who have been doing it since their teens tell me their physical strength in their thirties is far greater than it was in their teens and twenties.

peak for power lifting is mid 40s...

I'm 54 and still getting stronger.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Warriors don't count reps and sets. They count tons.

My psychologist weighs 45 pounds, has an iron soul and sits on the end of a bar

Tally Sheet for 2019

Encouragement for older members: Chronologically Blessed Group;

Encouragement for newbie lifters: When we were weaker

Oh man. I'm just starting my paleo-ish diet, and my coworkers rag mercilessly about how weird I am for not eating sugar. Grr

One day when I was still at school, a girl in the group I sat with, asked me why do I always have such weird food for lurch, I always had leftovers and she always had things like bags of chips, and other junk food, which she also had for recess and it REALLY showed

Weirdos ;)

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Oh man. I'm just starting my paleo-ish diet, and my coworkers rag mercilessly about how weird I am for not eating sugar. Grr

I used to get this all the time, especially during the office parties when the cake would come out.

Fortunately, over the last couple years, a few other people have come out of the paleo closet, which makes it just a little easier. :)

• Like 2

Level 5 Dryad Druid + Adventurer

STR 7 | DEX 10 | STA 9 | CON 8 | WIS 13 | CHA 10.5

Leo's Dawn of Dragons Challenge

"Eat some meat!"

I'm a vegetarian and it gets so old when people tell me to eat me. I expect it to happen sometimes, but it happens so much! Some people are really pushy about it too! I had to be very forceful with a woman at work that was trying to fix me a plate of meat dishes once. She didn't quite get it.

• Like 1

District 6 Ranger: Level 2

STR0 | DEX0 | STA2 | CON3 | WIS3 | CHA2

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Second Challenge | First Challenge

"Eat some meat!"

I'm a vegetarian and it gets so old when people tell me to eat me. I expect it to happen sometimes, but it happens so much! Some people are really pushy about it too! I had to be very forceful with a woman at work that was trying to fix me a plate of meat dishes once. She didn't quite get it.

It's not about eating meat or not. If you don't eat meat, they'll tell you to eat it. If they see you eating meat, then they will say it is awful, you're eating too much meat. People love to criticize, and they absolutely know what is best for you anytime, they have all the solutions (except for themselves). That woman at work, I'm sure she things she knows what you need.

• Like 2

It's not about eating meat or not. If you don't eat meat, they'll tell you to eat it. If they see you eating meat, then they will say it is awful, you're eating too much meat. People love to criticize, and they absolutely know what is best for you anytime, they have all the solutions (except for themselves). That woman at work, I'm sure she things she knows what you need.

LOL! Thanks! That's a good point.  :)

District 6 Ranger: Level 2

STR0 | DEX0 | STA2 | CON3 | WIS3 | CHA2

Battle Log | Current Challenge | Second Challenge | First Challenge