Forums are back in action! ×

Annoying comments you hear all the time

The problem with working in the military is that all of them are thise fools who tease. Plus part of the camaraderie is sharing food (especially when we miss regular meals) and when I can't/won't take part, they demand reasons.

Accurate statement.

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

1k Row under 3:20

Back Flip

Bodyweight Turkish Get-up

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Being allergic or anaphylactic is one thing but the annoying thing is " I think I'm allergic ". Like it causes bloody rashes and welts or mild discomfort, both reactions to be sure, but rashes v discomfort.

No offence meant Thrillo.

Or rashes vs. "I don't want/like it" in "I'm allergic to mushrooms, except on pizza"

• Like 1

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

I have a really wierd soy reaction.  I don't know if it's an allergy, or what. I have soy sauce on stuff, I enjoy tofu, I've had things with soy in them...

If I drink soy MILK, my throat closes. Even if I have a splash in my coffee, and drink the coffee, my throat closes.  What the hell, body?

The cancer was aggressive, but the chemotherapy was aggressive, as well.

There was aggression on both sides. 

I wonder if it's something else in soy milk. Because tofu is made of soy milk (tofu is to soy milk what cheese is to animal milk). They put other stuff in commercial soy milk to make it taste better, last longer, be less watery, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good

Secret Identity: Kristy

Level 4 Adventurer

STR 5.5 | DEX 5.25 | STA 5.5 | CON 8.75 | WIS 7 | CHA 2.5

My dad is allergic to garlic. it sucks, I hated it growing up because garlic gives great flavor.

Someone has said "Oh, im sorry, I think that bread has garlic in it" less than five minutes later, "Randy you should have a piece of that cheese bread its really good."  WTF? its loaded with garlic.  I tell them that I will try a piece fro him since you just said it had garlic 3 minutes ago.

My mom also likes to say this is so good, to bad you can't have any with garlic foods.  (anyone wonder why I have sticking to paleo)

Other things I know of:

Nutmeg and cabbage, just the stomach will not handle those as far as I know and they make him sick, so not as bad as garlic, which I have seen him on oxygen and taken to the hospital before (before i was ten, no major episodes since then that I know of.)

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

I have a really wierd soy reaction.  I don't know if it's an allergy, or what. I have soy sauce on stuff, I enjoy tofu, I've had things with soy in them...

If I drink soy MILK, my throat closes. Even if I have a splash in my coffee, and drink the coffee, my throat closes.  What the hell, body?

Tofu and soy sauce are both processed, soy milk is pretty much raw soybean sqeezings.  That might be the difference.

Tomu-san - Level 3 HalfOgre Ranger

[ STR 2 | DEX 2 | STA 3 | CON 8 | WIS 6 | CHA 2 ]

Spoiler

"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

- Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

"I came here to drink milk and kick ass. And I've just finished my milk."

- Maurice Moss

I wonder if it's something else in soy milk. Because tofu is made of soy milk (tofu is to soy milk what cheese is to animal milk). They put other stuff in commercial soy milk to make it taste better, last longer, be less watery, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tofu...cheese...toecheese?

• Like 3

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

For physical training is of some value, but godliness has value for all things, holding promise for the present life and the life to come. 1 Timothy 4:8

Never compromise.

Last week my stomach really started to get noticeably flatter, and my husband said "just don't loose too much" ... to which I eyerolled and told him I'd loose as much as I damn well please. :P He realised it was a stupid comment and apologized.

And my coworkers just don't seem to get why I'd want to eat a bell pepper or a bunch of snap peas for a snack instead of a bag of chips. "Do you just ... eat it?" Like no, I'm making a mask out of them so that I can disguise myself so I don't have to answer these questions any more.

• Like 6

Last week my stomach really started to get noticeably flatter, and my husband said "just don't loose too much" ... to which I eyerolled and told him I'd loose as much as I damn well please. :tongue: He realised it was a stupid comment and apologized.

And my coworkers just don't seem to get why I'd want to eat a bell pepper or a bunch of snap peas for a snack instead of a bag of chips. "Do you just ... eat it?" Like no, I'm making a mask out of them so that I can disguise myself so I don't have to answer these questions any more.

I used to get the comment "How can you eat that?" a lot...

My response... "Put it in your mouth, chew it up, swallow it"

In b4 pervs!

• Like 3

"Insanity - you make my world a better place man, you really do! That shit is awesome! :D" - Guzzi-

My first challenge

My battle Log: Insanity: Warrior Monk

Honorary Ranger dubbed by DarK_RaideR, 1000 Pound club (875 of 1000)

Last week my stomach really started to get noticeably flatter, and my husband said "just don't loose too much" ... to which I eyerolled and told him I'd loose as much as I damn well please. :tongue: He realised it was a stupid comment and apologized.

At my old unit- I had a tomatoe and a pepper every day- for lunch- fresh- and I would cut it there in our kitchenet- and shared with anyone who wanted some (not many) I earned the name "pepper" because they thought I ate it so much.

weird to think eating fresh veggies is enough to warrent a nick name.  Just weird. 

• Like 3

Do you have an eating disorder? (heard today) :o

Of course you're cold, you have no fat! :mellow:  (every winter, same story. I cannot make comments on how cold it is).

You look like a toothpick. :unsure:

Be careful or you'll be blown away (on a windy day). :(

The girl who told me about the eating disorder today made me feel bad, it kind of ruined the day :(

I just get annoyed when people assume I don't know what I'm talking about because "fat"

Look, I might not be all the way there yet, but I researched a damn long time and read through and discarded a great many fad diet/exercise.

I honestly don't care if you lost 20lbs. in a month eating nothing but cabbage.  I'd rather it take a year and stay off TYVM.

I've my degree in biology and I will figure out how this works on a cellular level if need be (thanks PubMed) and it turns out that SO MANY of these things are just overhyped BS.   So don't shrug me off because you assume I don't know what I'm talking about.  Knowing the answers is much easier than applying them;

• Like 1

Crazyjerseygirl, Level 1 Beast Adventurer
STR 3|DEX 2|STA 3|CON 2|WIS 4|CHA 1

Of course you're cold, you have no fat! :mellow:  (every winter, same story. I cannot make comments on how cold it is).

The girl who told me about the eating disorder today made me feel bad, it kind of ruined the day :(

Proper response: what did the hand say to the face?

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Profanity alert:

Fuck 'em!

• Like 2

The past is only smoke in a dream.

Lvl 6 Ranger Berzerker

STR 9 DEX 4 STA 9 CON 8 WIS 2 CHA 8

Barfly ain't even tryin'...

Is that an english saying? :)

It is. And the answer is "Slap!"

• Like 1

Long Term Goals:                                                                                                              

Spoiler

200# 245# Snatch                                                                                                             

300# Clean and Jerk                                                                                                         

380# 465# Back Squat

450# 500# Deadlift

Planche

Human Flag

Front Lever

285# Log Clean and Press

Back Flip

Never compromise.

Eating vegetables for a snack? Here, have a cookie, it taste better.

When I was going to ITT one of the girls that worked there would bring in green, red peppers, and olives i think for a snack.  Tasted a lot better then anything I could get out of the vending machine.

• Like 2

Briguy, level 2 STR 1|DEX 2|STA 1|CON 3|WIS 3|CHA 2[/TD][/TR][/TABLE] "Learn the principle, abide by the principle, and dissolve the principle. In short, enter a mold without being caged in it. Obey the principle without being bound by it. LEARN, MASTER AND ACHIEVE!!!" Bruce Lee "To Live by a principal is to live, do die with no principal you have not lived."

Battle Log   My Fitness Pal

Ok so I am back at the Mother whinge. Sorry it's long.

Today she asked me how much weight I had lost so I said 18 kilo give or take, 2 more kilo to go and I have lost 20 kilo, never to be seen again.

She then says:

" Well my diabetes nutrition nurse told me that low carb diets are very, VERY, bad for the liver. Your liver is going to pack up because you don't eat carbohydrates."

My response:

" Hmm our ancestors didn't eat grains until they discovered farming, but before that easily accessible nuts and seeds were it."

Her:

" They did so, they ground then up and made simple breads"

Me:

" About the same time it became productive to live in groups bigger than 5 or 10 and build villages, domesticate certain meat and dairy producing animals and live long enough to sew, grow and harvest said grains. Our ancient ancestors gathered food, they did not produce food."

Her:

" They had rice!!!"

Me:

*facepalm*

I eat enough fruit and vegetables and nuts to keep up a good supply of simple carbohydrates to my poor liver. Not to mention the grains of today have been modified for best production for decades, centuries even (people who think genetically modified foods are a relatively new thing need to consider how long we have been growing rust resistant wheat, insect resistant canola etc, been doing it forever here in Australia). Now think back to the traditional owners of Australia, they did not farm at all, they ate what nature provided right up until white man settled, they had not progressed as the Native Americans had or the South Americans or Indian, Egyptian, civilisations they were still the original hunters and gatherers. The reason I would believe they have so much trouble with their health today is that they have only had 200 years of white man diet and they have not yet evolved enough to handle our European grain heavy diet in any form, bread, rice, alcohol, Macca's, Burger King."

I had to end rant, she was pissing me off. I can't figure out why she said it, to make herself feel better or for me to doubt my course? I have decided to hold fast and continue my journey, it is working and the proof is in the clothes I wear and scale numbers I see.

• Like 4

Wait! What............?

Ok so I am back at the Mother whinge. Sorry it's long.

Today she asked me how much weight I had lost so I said 18 kilo give or take, 2 more kilo to go and I have lost 20 kilo, never to be seen again.

She then says:

" Well my diabetes nutrition nurse told me that low carb diets are very, VERY, bad for the liver. Your liver is going to pack up because you don't eat carbohydrates."

My response:

" Hmm our ancestors didn't eat grains until they discovered farming, but before that easily accessible nuts and seeds were it."

Her:

" They did so, they ground then up and made simple breads"

Me:

" About the same time it became productive to live in groups bigger than 5 or 10 and build villages, domesticate certain meat and dairy producing animals and live long enough to sew, grow and harvest said grains. Our ancient ancestors gathered food, they did not produce food."

Her:

" They had rice!!!"

Me:

*facepalm*

I eat enough fruit and vegetables and nuts to keep up a good supply of simple carbohydrates to my poor liver. Not to mention the grains of today have been modified for best production for decades, centuries even (people who think genetically modified foods are a relatively new thing need to consider how long we have been growing rust resistant wheat, insect resistant canola etc, been doing it forever here in Australia). Now think back to the traditional owners of Australia, they did not farm at all, they ate what nature provided right up until white man settled, they had not progressed as the Native Americans had or the South Americans or Indian, Egyptian, civilisations they were still the original hunters and gatherers. The reason I would believe they have so much trouble with their health today is that they have only had 200 years of white man diet and they have not yet evolved enough to handle our European grain heavy diet in any form, bread, rice, alcohol, Macca's, Burger King."

I had to end rant, she was pissing me off. I can't figure out why she said it, to make herself feel better or for me to doubt my course? I have decided to hold fast and continue my journey, it is working and the proof is in the clothes I wear and scale numbers I see.

You could tell her that  you will take the advice of her diabetic nutritionalist when you start to go see them. not sure how she would react to that but its an option.

• Like 3

Level 0 Human, Monk

82%
82%
Lose 75 lbs

Startin Fresh

"Nothing is ever easy." Zeddicus Zull Zorander

"Do or Do Not, There is no try" Yoda

"Weak people face life obstacles with an excuse in their hand, strong peple carry a hammer."

Estemated 1RM

Bench: 195lbs

Squat: 245lbs

Deadlift: 295lbs

Total weight: 735lbs

Goal Weight 1000lbs

Sevenofseven - *facepalm* right along with you.  Don't let her get to you too much - prove her wrong with your health!

This one isn't so much a comment.  My housemate's boyfriend cooks for us a lot; he's a very good cook, and he loves it.  He knows I'm Primal, and goes out of his way to make things that are Primal for me.

The rules I've given him are 'no grains at all, no legumes, and as little sugar as possible, though on the last two, I'll be OK if they're unavoidable; they don't make me feel sick like grains do, but try not to use them.'

So, last night, he cooks dinner - stir fry with satay sauce.  He switched out the peanuts for macadamias because Primal.  I thought it was a great idea - tasted really good.

And then I asked him what was in it.

Macadamia butter, macadamias.  Sweet chilli sauce.  Oyster sauce.

I appreciate the effort he puts in to catering to my needs.  But ... do the ingredients of sauce register?  I don't want to pull him up on it because he does make such an effort most of the time, but I wondered why I felt a little odd after that dinner...

Previous challenges:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6)